PhotographyNut, Sharon (lol, you'll see Andrew's plan now, anyway nothing big!) , thank you so very much!

sorry for late, finally here's the new part:


XXIII.

(Spike)

“I’m listening, talk!”

“What if three rich customers went to the Magic Shop and they decided to give Buffy a very big tip, let’s say fifty bucks each, hmm?”

“That would be perfect, really, but where can I find three customers like that? And then why would you need my money, if... Oh, wait... I got it!”

“Good for you, Boss, I was starting to think that you were slowing down.”

“Watch your mouth!” I warn him.

“Anyway, think about it. Ok, I know it’s you who pays the rest of the money, but Buffy doesn’t know and she never will. So, she will learn her lesson, she will just think that she got lucky. Before you ask, I’ll talk my big-Bro-Sire and Faith into helping me, but I already know they’ll do it willingly, they like those ‘crazy missions’ as much as I do!” he assures me.

“It’s a brilliant plan, but... how are you supposed to go over there during the *day *?” I make him notice.

“First, it’s not that we’ll go there all together, just one by one, a couple of hours or so between each visit. And second.. hello? Special Gem that gives immunity to sunlight, ring any bell?” he struck back and I slap my forehead with my hand.

It’s true, the Gem, I had totally forgotten about it. Well, if I don’t do a ‘certain thing’ with my Buffy for too long - and three days is a bloody very long time!- my brain isn’t fully operative.

“Well, you just missed a ‘D’oh!’ and you were identical to a certain guy who’s called... Homer Jay Simpson!” Andrew dares to mock me.

Although he’s Wesley’s Childe, sometimes he is as cocky as Faith.

“Another witty remark like that and you are dust, understand?” I threaten him. Not that I would really dust him, anyway, it’s just that a little joking is ok, but enough is enough!

“Sorry, Boss, forgive me and my very bad mouth! Anyway, we are not forced to wear the ring on a finger, we can just keep it on a necklace as a pendant to hid it, so Buffy won’t see it,” he confirms.

What can I say? He thought about everything, my Grand Childe is such a genius!

“Yeah, it could work, I’m sure it will. That’s a great idea, Andy, so I’m gonna reward you as you deserve. Tomorrow you might find a nice surprise,” I tell him mysteriously, before leaving. And I already know that he will spend at least half morning awake, wondering what his surprise is.

Now, all I have to do is trust him, his unrecognizable disguises and the rest of my family.

--------------------------------------------------

“Honey, honey, great news! I don’t have to work anymore!” Buffy jumps on me in order to wake me up, as cheerful as she hasn’t been in a while.

I open my eyes and gaze at my watch: it’s 4:00 p.m.
“Hello pet, are you back already?” I pretend to be surprised.

“You’ll never believe what happened! It was late morning and I was working as always, when a very elegant woman came in, placed an order and I helped her with her choices, so she said that I was so good and nice that she gave me fifty bucks as a tip! And there’s more unbelievable stuff, a few hours later another customer, this time it was a man, did more or less the same thing. And guess what? After a while I received another very generous tip from another customer, too, a younger one. So, I said bye to Mr. and Mrs Giles and ran back home. Now I got all the money I owed you, no more working there! What can I say? I really must thank my lucky stars,” Buffy exclaimed.

“Well, you’re such a good worker that everyone can’t help giving you a tip!” I smile at her.

Gee, sometimes my sunshine is so naïve!

I would have liked to see Rupert’s face when my guys told him that it was just a charade and those expensive orders were fake, there were no big sales!

“So, do you know what would make this day perfect?” she asks me.

“Uhmm.. you and I having sex until sunrise?” I raise my eyebrow, passing the tip of my tongue over my teeth.

“Mm... sounds good, but... we can do that later! Now I was thinking about continuing the story. Yesterday it was really too short! So, can we do that, pretty please?” she makes puppy eyes to me.

After all, she had already promised: later. I guess I can wait.

So, we go to the other room, where the baby is already awake and she greets us with a cheerful little yell.

“Hi, sweetie, we’re back. So, the year I was seventeen was pretty quiet, until the last week, just before turning eighteen years old I got weaker and weaker, day by day. At the beginning, we thought that it was due to a special demon that I had faced, so we did some research, but there wasn’t any demon that could make a Slayer weak. So, it had to be something else. Giles tried to help, making me have a long therapy with an odd stone that I had to stare at. But it was getting worse. It wasn’t just the weakness anymore, I was losing all my powers, I was defenceless and scared, just like when I was Princess Elisabeth, and that sucked, it wasn’t me. Spike thought the same. We were inside the warehouse, together, the night before my eighteenth birthday.

“Spike, I don’t know what’s happening to me, but I don’ recognize me anymore!” I sighed, hugging him.

“I know, but it doesn’t matter, I love you anyway, I don’t care,” he answered back.

“Liar!” I accused him. He looked at me puzzled. “Look at me, deep into my eyes, and swear that you don’t miss the Slayer with the fire in her eyes, the Slayer who likes fighting, who loves the challenge, who likes winning, who never surrenders or gets scared. Tell me that you don’t miss her!” I forced him to confess.

“Ok, I do, but...” he murmured.

“No buts! I miss her, too. Would you like me to be strong again? To be powerful, to be safe?” I asked him as the watch warned us that it was midnight.

“Of course, I would like that, but...” he began, but I closed his mouth with a finger.

“Well, my love, there’s a solution and it’s simpler than you think,” I smiled, pulling my hair aside to bare my neck to him. “It just takes one bite from you. Plus, it’s my birthday, you know what I want and you know that you want it, too,” I invited him and he stared at my neck, with a great lust in his eyes and a soft growl as background.”


(End I)

It would be very evil to stop there... so that’s why I do it, lol! >: D

I hope you'll still like it