photography nut, Sharon, thank you soo much! I'm glad that at least you two still like it ;)



XXIII. (II) (I took something from ‘Helpless’, but hell yeah, it’s pretty different!)

(Spike)

“Spike bent over me, but at the last second he stopped, pulling away without even showing his demonic visage.

“Gee, Buffy, look what you were about to make me do. That’s not the way to fix problems!” he explained.

I rolled my eyes, snorting. Another fail!” she explains, still rolling her eyes at the memory, awww she is so cute!

“All of the sudden Wesley rushed into our room.

“I’ll be dammed!” he exclaimed. “Why didn’t I thought about that before?” he muttered.

“What?” Spike and I asked him in unison.

“I read it on the Watchers’ Diaries. It seems that when a Slayer turns eighteen years old, there’s a test, but it doesn’t explain what it’s about,” he informed us.

“Gee, I gotta face a test soon and I’m totally weak, without any of my powers. Why now?” I complained.

Wesley looked at me, clearing his throat. “Buffy, I don’t think that it’s a coincidence. It’s not a demon that took away your powers, I’m afraid that... it’s your Watcher!” he said.

Just a few minutes had passed after Wesley had told us and Spike and I were already at Giles’ house.

“Giles, open up, it’s an emergency!” I called him out.

“What’s going on?” he said, opening the door at letting us in, both of us, yeah.”

Buffy stopped and she’s looking at me, so I guess it’s my turn to talk.

“It happens that you are a double-crosser! What the hell are you gonna do with her?” I snapped and if my memory serves me right... I must have smashed some knick-knacks of his on the floor as I said that.

“What are you talking about?” he pretended to not understand.

“Don’t even try to fool me, Watcher, we know everything about the test Slayers have to go through!” I made him confess.

“So, you know?” he asked without needing any answer. “Believe me, I didn’t want to do that, I don’t agree, but I’m forced to. In the last week I hypnotized you, Buffy, with that odd stone, injecting a particular substance in your veins that took away your powers. But don’t worry, Buffy, it’s just temporary, you’ll recover in a few days. Anyway, tomorrow...” he stopped, gazing at his watch. “I mean, later, you’ll have to face a vampire not as the Slayer, but just as a normal human girl,” he explained.

“Where?” I asked him, as Buffy held me tight, trembling at that thought.

“I can’t tell you, you ... you can do nothing; no-no one can...” he stuttered.

“WHERE?” I insisted, flashing my fangs to him.

“For Heaven’s sake, Spike! Do you really think I’m happy about that? I care about Buffy, I don’t want her to be in danger, but these are the rules. If I do something to help her... the Council won’t let me be her Watcher anymore!” he justified.

“If you * don’t * do anything to help her, * I * won’t let you be her Watcher any- my-fave- word- more!” I roared.

So, he decided to be on the right side and told me where she would meet the vampire she had to face. I went there immediately after, well aware that there were tons of Watchers all over town to patrol, but I easily managed to sneak through the abandoned castle that Giles had told me about. I reached the dungeons. The vampire was supposed to be under some sedative effects, instead guess what? He had managed to turn the man who controlled him in order to make him set him free once he woke up as his minion.

“Well, well, so you are the vampire who is gonna face the defenceless Slayer at sunset, aren’t you?” I exclaimed, approaching to him, smiling and clapping my hands.

“I don't know who the hell you are and how you got in, but anyway, yes, I’m gonna kill her, and the next one after her, too!” the vampire bragged.

“Really? If I’m not wrong... there’s a vampire who managed to kill two Slayers for real, but I don’t recall his name now,” I went on.

“Do you mean Spike? Oh, please, that pathetic excuse of a Master Vampire with that ridiculous dog name? After what I’m gonna do, I’ll be the new legend, he’ll be nothing but a long lost memory!” he started laughing, but then he almost choked when he met my icy look. His minion seemed to realize that something was wrong and he rushed to help him, but I smashed him against the wall with a powerful vicious kick.

“So, that’s what you would tell him if one fine day you met him...” I commented.

“Sure I would. I’ve never met him and I don’t even know how he looks like, but that vampire of second class doesn’t scare me at all, anyway... why do you care so much?” he asked me in confusion.

“Maybe, because * I am Spike *!” I growled, shifting into my game face.

“That... that Spike?” he stuttered.

“Yes, that Spike, the one and only!” I sneered.

He fell to his knees. “C’mon, you know, it was just a big talk. Please, don’t hurt me!” he begged me.

“I’m sorry, buddy, but there’s no way that you can get out of this without being hurt,” I informed him. “I’ll tell you what. You can choose. At sunset, you’re gonna face my Slayer, aren’t you? Well, you can just pretend to fight against her and let her give you a very fast and not painful death. Or, if you dare hurt her, I’m gonna find you wherever you hide, and believe me, after what I’ll do to you... death will be the best thing you can wish for!” I threatened him. “See? You have no choice, anyway. So, why don’t you go back to the wall and wait for the less scary fate?” I summoned him and he obeyed, so I chained him back at the wall, ready to leave, but not before doing something. “And this time you won’t get any help!” I added, dusting his still passed out minion.”


“So, at sunset, when Giles brought me to the other Watchers, pretending that I didn’t know anything, they took me to the castle while I acted all scared and confused. I’m such a brilliant actress!” Buffy brags.

“Anyway, Spike had been so kind, threatening that vampire and everything, but it was not necessary, because, after a short fight that I was too weak to face, I resorted to my smartness and I deceived my enemy, persuading him to drink something that actually was holy water. Well... he was dust at the first sip!” she chuckles.

“Slayer, don’t flatter yourself, you won just thanks to my threats!” I make her notice.

“My smartness!” she growls.

“Threats!”

“Smartness!” she insists, as I turn the recorder off.

“What about taking this fight into our room, hmm?” I suggest her maliciously.

So, we kiss the baby goodbye and go away, but at the corridor we meet Andrew who had woken up a few minutes ago and had already found his surprise.

So, he runs towards me with the excitement of a kid who gets just the toy he wanted so bad for Christmas.

“Wooow! A huge plasma colour TV set with Dolby surround and DVD recorder! Boss, you are the best!” he yells enthused and then he ran back to his room, all happy and cheerful.

“Why did you buy Andrew a new TV set?” my naïve pet asks me.

“What? Can’t a Grand Sire spoil his Grand Childe every once in a while?”

TBC


Well ... get ready for a kind of ‘politically unfair’ part next time... you’ll understand what I mean once you read it, nothing serious anyway, quite the contrary, lol!