PhotographyNut, Sharon, thank you so much!

sorry for late, here's the new part:


XXIV. (Buffy) (I re-vamped the ‘Homecoming’ episode a lot!)

It’s morning already; I know that even without opening my eyes. But I open them anyway and the clock on my night table warns me that it’s 7:00 a.m.


Just yesterday that would’ve meant it was time to get up, dress and run to work, because Giles likes to start labours very early, he says that it’s a very good way to defeat the competitors.

But not today. Today I don’t have to work anymore, I just have patrol waiting for me at night, but that’s not a job, that’s entertainment!

After all, I had to work just for three days, but although I’ve only been a vampiress for a couple of years, I’ve learned a thing or two, for example that time is relative to us, a year can seem to last a day and a day can seem to last a century.

So... I have worked for like three centuries!

But now I can smile blissfully, close my eyes and turn to my love who keeps sleeping peacefully.

Ah, sweet un-life!

---------------------------------------

It’s sunset and we are ready to continue with the story.

Well, it’s not that we have just woken up, let’s say that in the afternoon Spike kept me busy and woooow, he did show me how bad did he missed me!

So, making love until sunrise wasn’t enough for him. And judging by the way he is looking at me now... he wishes he could be able to take me and start it all over again. Not that I would offer any resistance... but it’s fable-time now!

“After my fake fight with that vampire, the Council let me go, saying that I had passed the test, and Giles had, too. They didn’t have any suspicious about what had really happened. Gee, they’re so easy to fool! So, Giles was still my Watcher and he was right. A few days after all my powers came back and I celebrated with an endless patrol with Spike, Kill and Kiss, that’s the perfect date!

Anyway, it was my last year of High School, so there were two very important events: a beauty contest to choose ‘The Homecoming Queen’ and the Prom.

Well, the beauty contest woke up the sleeping demon of competition that had inhabited in me while I was a cheerleader. And guess what? Once again, my main rival was Cordelia. We were good friends and everything, but in that week we became almost two mortal enemies who competed about every single thing, such as who made the best cookies, who made the best speech to persuade the crowd to vote for us, who was gentler and nicer with the nerds, who paid people more... everything!

Plus, we involved our friends who split in two teams. Harmony helped Cordelia and, as you can easily imagine, Xander did, too. Meanwhile, Willow and Oz worked for me, I say ‘worked’ because I made them prepare a real battle plan to defeat Cordelia, but she was a very strong competitor as well. Of course, we also involved our boyfriends in our Campaign; only Wes, Faith and Andy chose to be neutral.


In the meantime, Mayor Wilkins, a very evil man, decided that I was a way too big trouble and gathered all the most dangerous killers he knew to try to kill me, just during the night of the Homecoming Dance, as if that wasn’t already stressful enough.

But since they didn’t know how I looked like and Cordelia and I were travelling in the same limousine towards the dance, which by the way had been rented by our friends in an attempt to make us mend our friendship... well, they tried to kill us both, so we ran into the woods, and after battling her fear, Cordelia showed her true value and we made a very good team, eliminating all our enemies... and without even spoiling our very beautiful dresses or our very sophisticated hair-styles!”

Now I’d better let Spike talk for a while.

I just have to look at him and he understands me.

“So, when Angel and I saw them arrive, I was ready to make fun of their lateness, saying that it was because they were too scared and agitated of participating in the Homecoming Queen contest. But when Buffy told me what had really happened, well... I just shut up!

It was time to know who the winner was.

“And the new Homecoming Queen is...” the guy read, making a stunned face. “I can’t believe it, it’s the first time that this happens... we have a tie!” he announced.

Buffy and Cordy smiled at each other, already tasting their victory. Too bad that the guy called out the names of two different girls.”

“Grrr! Yes, I still remember them, Holly Charleston and Michelle Blake, Grrr! While Cordy and I had done the impossible in our Campaign, they hadn’t done anything... except for maybe sleeping with half the school to get the votes! Grrr! It wasn’t right at all…” I growl, but I shut up and allow Spike to continue.

“Yeah, it wasn’t fair. So, Cordy and Buffy exchanged a look and then they turned to Angel and me.

“Guys, you already know what you gotta do!” they exclaimed at unison.

And it was true, we knew what we had to do, so we headed towards the two Queens, waited for them to finish their speech, and then we managed to take them to a private corner.

“So, you are the winners,” I said, forcing myself to smile at those two bimbos. One of them answered with just a stupid snicker.


“Well, well, and who are you? Another prize that come with the winners’ package?” the other girl said, gazing at Angel and me.

“Hell no, quite the contrary, we are two complainers!” Angel pointed out. “The crown and the sceptre should belong to Cordelia and Buffy...” he went on.

“So, you rooted for those two losers, well I don’t care. Michelle and I won, so what do you wanna do? Kill us?” the other one teased us, with the same previous irritating snicker.

Angel and I exchanged a look.

“Actually...” I sneered, allowing my demon to surface.

“That was the plan...” Angel anticipated me, mirroring my actions.

The two girls were about to scream, but Angel and I covered their mouths in time, summoning them to keep quiet and waiting for them to calm down a little.

“They will be such a delicious meal, what do you think, buddy?” I licked my lips, looking at Angel.

“Sure they will. After all, a Homecoming Queen’s blood is a specialty you can’t taste every day!” Angel smiled evilly. He had gotten perfectly into the character and he had really improved since that ridiculous ‘siege’ at the Parent-Teachers night.

“Please, d-don’t... kill us...” the girl in Angel’s arms whispered, trembling.

“No? Ok. What about disfiguring your pretty faces then, hmm?” he suggested.

“Yeah, I guess you’ll look much better after I put some railroad spikes here and there,” I added.

“Rail-railroad… spikes?” the one in my arms repeated, terrified.

Angel and I burst out laughing, scaring them even more.

“Ple... please... don... don’t hurt us... we... we’ll do whatever you want... just... just let us go,” they begged us, helping each other finish their sentences.

“Well, it’s up to you: to be Homecoming Queens or to be... * alive *!” Angel threatened them as we let them go.

Guess what? Just a couple of minutes later, the speaker announced that the two Homecoming Queens, due to some mysterious reasons, had rejected their title, so the new Queens were Buffy and Cordy. Angel and I had done a very good job!” he smiles.

That’s true, when he plays the Big Bad, he’s just unbeatable!

“Yes, that’s how things went. Well, I know what you’ll be thinking right now: that’s not fair play. Well, maybe, but you know, in love and war everything is allowed, and that was war!” I explain.

(End I)

I assure that the next part is VERY spuffy, so don’t miss it!