Hello again, sorry for this huge, huge , huge late, but finally I’m back with this story, too .

PhotographyNut, Mari, Sharon, Renee (yayyy!!a new reader!! * happy dance* ), THANK YOUUUUUU !!!


XVI.

(Spike)

It’s already evening, but my pet is still sleeping.

Well, what can I say? I guess I really wore her out yesterday.

But I know something that’s even more effective to wake her up than an alarm clock.

“Alright, sunshine, keep sleeping soundly, then I can go to the other room and be the only one who...” I murmur as I get up from the bed, but I don’t have even the time to finish the sentence, because suddenly I found myself with my face pinned to the floor, with Buffy straddling my back.

“So, you were planning on telling her the story by yourself, when we’re about to start the tale on such an important and adventurous event? Gee, you really are the Big Bad!” she snaps, but I laugh.

At least now she’s awake.

I give her time to get dressed and then we went to our usual place in front of our baby.

“Who starts?” I wonder and nonchalantly she continues telling our story.

Well, that answered my question.

“My nineteenth birthday began with my usual ritual of waking Spike up. The only unusual thing about it was that I didn’t have to go to his room to wake him up, since I’ve been sleeping in his room, our room, ever since that special night after the Prom.

Anyway, I rested my head on my arm and watched him sleep peacefully, without shaking him once, just caressing his face with the back of my hand, back and forth, until his gorgeous eyes opened.

“Ha.. bir.. ay, shine!” he said, and if you translate it from ‘Spike’s slurring’, it means ‘Happy birthday, sunshine!”

I smiled at him, giving him a soft kiss, and when I was about to get up, he stopped me, grabbing me by an arm and pushing me back on the bed.

“Wait. Don’t you have anything to ask me?” he wondered.

“Why should I bother? You always say no!” I protested.

“Yes, but I like seeing you try!” he sneered.

“You’re evil!” I pouted.

“Hell yeah, I am!” he sneered even more, satisfied.

So, I straddled him, rubbing my body against his.

“Would you please lick my neck?” I asked gently and he pleased me. “Now, would you kiss my neck?” I asked again and he pleased me again. “Now, please, bite it!” I begged him, and he did... yes, but with his blunt teeth, in a very soft way. “Well, could you at least graze my skin with your fangs, just a little?” I asked, pouting, but it didn’t work.

“No, Slayer, don’t push your luck, that’s more than enough for now!” he answered, but something in his look told me that he had other plans for us. In fact, he pulled me against him and we... loved each other very, very much!” she says, smiling at me.

“Anyway, by the beginning of the fall, Will and I began classes at UC Sunnydale, since she had found a faculty we both liked. Well, Willow seemed to be born to be a college girl, but not me. I didn’t like the people there, high school was so different! Anyway, I had to get used to it. I was in the library, looking for some books, and due to my clumsiness I almost ended up killing a guy, by throwing a shelf filled with books over him. The real question is... why didn’t he die right then? The guy in question was Riley, and at first sight he seemed to be a kinda pleasant, gentle, nice boy, tall and...”

Is she done with the sodding list of his good qualities or what?

“And I’ll stop with that, since Spike is about to growl. Well, he happened to be the T.A. to Mrs. Maggie Walsh, in my Psych 101 class. She was a bit tough, but I adored her classes. Anyway, as days went by, Riley and I became good friends. Spike had gone to see him a couple of times, without being seen by Riley, of course. No matter how much I showed my vampire that I loved him and only him and that I wouldn’t want anyone else ever, he kept saying that he didn’t like that guy one bit. But it wasn’t just jealousy, as I thought. He was so right, I was so wrong...” she admits and that’s very true.

“You know, the good thing about College is that teachers didn’t need to talk with parents anymore, but if they did... I would have asked Rupert to pretend to be Buffy’s father, I guess that would’ve been so much more credible than me trying to pass as her father.

Speaking of dear old Rupert, you know, since the school was a pile of rubbles, he couldn’t be a librarian there anymore, but that wasn’t a problem at all, because he had already found another job. Jenny’s uncle had died, leaving his magic shop to his favorite niece. So, she decided to work there with the man of her life and together they named it ‘The Magic Box’ and turned it into the most famous and successful shop in town, with a very large and diverse clientele.

Anyway, Rupert was still a Watcher, too, Buffy’s Watcher, and back to those days they had some trouble during their patrols, because actually the demons and the vampires seemed to be disappearing, and it was not due to the fact that there was less demonic activity... quite the contrary!

It almost seemed that my Slayer had some kind of competition... a rival so to speak, someone who anticipated all her moves.

But the goal wasn’t the same.

Buffy looked for demons, vampires and every other kind of monsters in order to kill them, fast and trying her best not to make them suffer much, instead... her rivals looked for them for another purpose entirely. They wanted to use them for a creepy, disquieting and horrible experiment. Anyway, one night Buffy stayed hidden behind a bush and she saw some guys dressed like soldiers, with plenty of technologic weapons and devices... a little bit too much if you ask me. They seemed to come out from a war movie. They also talked to each other with ridiculous nicknames and their faces were covered by black ski-masks. So, Buffy couldn’t see them. All she knew was that the organization they belonged to had a name: the Initiative.



(End I )

Oh c’mon, how could I not put my ‘beloved’ guy in this fic?

I just hope you’ll notice the clear sarcasm! ;-P

Be patient, there are just a few more chapters before this story ends, but they are the ones that are more full of events, eh, eh !

I hope you’ll still like it.

p.s. I’ll also try to update ‘If I were you ‘ asap, the point is that I’m still typing the new chapter.. so please, be patient..