Photographynut, Sharon, THANK YOUUUUUU !!

Before reading let me warn you: VERY evil cliffhanger! :-I

XXVI (II)

(Spike)

“I saw them, they knocked down some demons with their taser guns and then took them away, but they didn’t kill them and I want to find out why...” Buffy explained to us, once she came back home that night.

“What are you going to do?” Giles asked her.

“It’s simple, I’ll follow them, I’m sure they have some kind of base somewhere. I’ll remain hidden, so I can hear them and maybe see who they are, too,” Buffy said.

“No way, pet, I’m gonna let you do that alone. I’ll come with you!” I said.

“That’s precisely the point, you can’t. They have some odd device that can identify a vampire due to their temperature, so if you come with me, they’ll immediately notice you. I must do it alone, and don’t worry nothing bad is gonna happen to me, it will be a piece of cake!” she assured me.”

You know, my Slayer is the most stubborn girl ever and there’s no way that you can make her change her mind once she’s decided something; but now I should let her continue with the story.

“The next night, I followed these guys, without them noticing me. And guess what? Their base was near the UC Sunnydale’s campus, underground. Most of them entered the base through a secret entry, but two of them remained outside talking for a few minutes, before following the others, so it wasn’t difficult for me to listen to what they were talking about.

“Good for us that the Mayor gave us all the money we needed before getting himself killed,” one of the men said.

“Yeah, after all I did for him, he owed me at least that!” the other guy answered.

“Yeah, you had a great idea, killing Mr. Wilkins’ pathetic excuse of a secretary and taking his place, saying that it had been an accident.”

“Yes, I became his right arm and I helped him with everything, killing whom I had to kill and giving him all he needed, even those horribly huge spiders! But you know me, I’d do anything in the name science!” he replied, taking off his mask and I had to put my hand over my mouth to prevent me from gasping out loud when I found out who it was: Riley.

“Now I recognize you again, my friend, I was beginning to thing that you had gone soft because of all the new fresh air!” the first guy said, taking off his mask and revealing an Afro-American man that I had seen around campus, too.

“Who? The blond girl? Oh, c’mon, I’m just playing the part of the good friend with her, being nice, gentle and everything. But just wait until I get her alone and you’ll see! She really looks like she’d be a very good...” Well, there’s a bad word you don’t need to hear.

Anyway, the odd background noise you are hearing is Spike’s growl!”

Hell, yeah, I’m growling! That bloody sodding soldier! If only I had been there with her and I had heard that... sodding Initiative or not, I would had ripped his throat out, literally!

“I was so mad at him. I thought he was a good friend, instead it turned out he actually was nothing but an evil, pervert, double-crosser soldier in that wicked commando Initiative, of which he was the team captain nonetheless and who had also worked for the very evil Mayor Wilkins, helping him with the stupid ascension, but mostly he had fooled me, Grrr! I wanted revenge, I wanted him and his organization out of my town, out of the planet! But I couldn’t stop them yet. I knew who they were, but I didn’t know what they were planning to do.”

“She came back home and after she told us what she had found out... well, I danced my ‘I told you so’ dance for one hour straight, because I was my-favorite-word right! I hadn’t liked that boy since I saw him for the first time. So, it was wonderful to find out that he was the enemy to defeat. But Buffy had her own plans.

“There’s only one way to find out more about the Initiative: be a part of it!” she exclaimed.

“Are you nuts?” I asked.

“Think about it. I’ll let them find out that I’m the Slayer; thank God, they still ignore that. So, they’ll want my help and if they trust me, they’ll talk and if they talk, we’ll know how to stop them!” she justified.

“Are you nuts?” I repeated with even more emphasis than before.

Andrew clapped his hands, enthused.

“Cool! You’ll be an infiltrator! That reminds me of a movie I saw...” he began, but I glared at him. “Well, I meant... Buffy, are you nuts?” he corrected himself almost immediately.

“Why do we have to bother with the spying stuff? I mean, we know that they are evil, right? They’re our enemies, so let’s just kill them good and proper. Who cares about their intentions? Plus, I bet that they also cheat on their girlfriends, too, they so deserve to die!” Faith suggested, eager for a good fight.

“You’re right, honey, and I bet they are also a bunch of bigheads. It would be so nice to bathe in their blood with you, my love!” Wesley murmured, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

“Oh, Wes, you’re so romantic!” she squealed, jumping on him.

“Hey, you two, keep your basic instincts reeled in, we are still on a meeting!” I warned them, so they parted.

“Well, Buffy, we’ll let you do that only if it’s extremely necessary. Plus, you have to talk with Rupert, first. For now, don’t do anything!” I summoned her.

Well, that night, one of my most faithful minions, Dalton, went out, but as it’s easy to imagine, they captured him, but he managed to escape and came back to me, three days after.

“Dalton, I’m relieved that you’re safe, but how many times did I tell you and the others not to get out, ever, for any bloody reason, especially not while the commandos are still hanging around?” I scolded him, mostly because I was concerned.

“I know, Master, it’s just that I heard you talking the other night, I didn’t want Buffy to take so many risks, so I decided to help her,” he justified and I immediately changed my rough attitude. “So, I tried to spy on them, but they caught me and took me into an odd room, full of cages, with lots of demons inside, not just vampires but every kind of demons you can imagine. And then I fell asleep and when I woke up I felt strange, different, but I took advantage of a distracted guard and I managed to escape. Anyway, I’m so sorry, I didn’t discover anything. I was just a perfect useless idiot!” he blamed himself.

“Don’t even think that! You’ve been very brave and I appreciated that, but don’t play the hero anymore, got me?” I summoned him.

Anyway, a few days after we found out what was wrong with Dalton. The soldiers had put a chip in his brain that prevented him from hurting humans. It wasn’t that big of a deal for him, since he had never been a hunting guy very much. He prefers books and knowledge, so he doesn’t mind drinking animal blood now!”

“Yeah, but the point is that now I was ready for doing some infiltration myself. And Giles and the Scoobies also agreed that it was time. The first thing to do was to make Riley and the others think they were smarter than me. So, one night I revealed my true identity to them, making it seem like it had been casual, when it was part of my plan all along, and those poor naïve guys bought it, asking for my help in their fight. They even introduced me to their leader, Professor Walsh; yeah, the same one who used to be my favorite teacher. They explained to me what they did. Something horrible. They hunted the demons and captured them in order to use some parts of them to create a kind of super demon and give life to him. Gee, they must have seen too many Frankenstein movies! Anyway, their scary project never became a reality, because a couple of nights after, Spike, Angel, Wesley, Andrew, Faith, our minions, except for Dalton, the Scoobies and I intervened, beginning the big battle. Xander remembered a lot of soldier stuff from that fateful Halloween night when we became whatever costume we were wearing and that helped a lot. Cordy distracted the guards. Oz, well, he was the only one that couldn’t help us since he was in a cage, because it was a full moon night. We all fought and for once Spike and Angel’s demons had their fun.

We destroyed room 314, the place where they kept that terrible thing they called ‘Adam’, and Professor Walsh died in a failed attempt to save him. After we were done with them, just a few soldiers were left, too few to do much, if any, damage anymore. Riley was between those few. We left him alive, because we had a special plan for him. To put a chip into someone’s brain to prevent them from doing what they were born to do, what was in their future, was even crueler than killing them, it was just plain evil. So, he deserved the same awful treatment.

Willow was so good with the magic stuffy by then that she managed to cast a glamour spell to make the other soldiers believe that Riley was a vampire and that he needed to have a chip implanted on him. So they knocked him down and took him away to do the operation. Since he was human, the chip prevented him from doing the opposite thing: hurting demons. That was the perfect revenge!”

“Do you think that the ‘Evil Riley’ chapter is over? Not yet. A few days after, Buffy and I were patrolling at Restfield Cemetery, when he showed up. We didn’t know how he had found us. Well... turns out he had kept his soldier implements, after all.

“You destroyed the Initiative, you destroyed our precious project, you implanted a chip in my brain, you ruined my existence, but I’m going to ruin yours!” he said, glaring at me.

“Just how? Let me remind you something kinda important, Captain America, you can’t hurt me anymore!” I sneered.

“Poor naïve stupid vampire! I knew that there’s another way to really hurt you... without even touching you...” he laughed evilly, drawing out a gun and aiming it at Buffy and then he shot...”

(end II )

I know that’s your fear.

That’s why I stop just here!

Ihihihihih.. >:-D


I’ll try to update asap, hold on and TRUST MEEE !!! ;)

Author's Note : Before you say something, I 'm the first one who is well aware that 'this ' Riley is far away from the one in the show.. who has never been so mean (although i just hate him!) .... but since this is an alternate Reality, I do as i please.. ihihh ;)