PhotographyNut, Sharon, thank you so very much!!!!

Now I’m gonna make things right. Are you ready? Let’s start:


XXVI. (III)

(Spike)

“When I heard the shot, I thought that it was my last moment, that it was over for me. I didn’t see any chance of salvation. I just closed my eyes, waiting for my death... but I felt nothing. Then I heard Riley scream in what seemed excruciating pain. So, I opened my eyes. Spike had thrown himself towards me, taking the bullet that was destined to me. He lied at my feet, in a puddle of blood, and he was as weak as never before. In the meantime, Riley’s screams had increased in volume. He rolled on the ground, asking for help, but it was too late. It had been too powerful electrical surge for his brain to bear it, so, he died the moment after.

I bent over Spike, caressing his face.

“Honey, honey, it’s over. Thank you so much, my love, you saved my life,” I murmured and he made an effort to smile at me.

“I... was... born... to... pro... tect you... “ he said laboriously, grimacing due to the pain.

“Riley is dead and he won’t hurt us anymore. It’s just weird. I thought that the chip would give him just some kind of minor shocks, but not strong enough to kill him. That would’ve happen just in case of a...” and I shivered as I figured that out. “A mor-mortal w-wound,” I stuttered, as tears trickled down my cheeks. “But... but that’s not possible... a bullet can’t kill a vamp!” I protested.

Spike tilted his head towards me. “Bullet... can’t. But blood loss can... too much... too late...” he whispered, as I realized with terror that the blood puddle on the floor was getting larger and larger.


The bullet had crossed his heart and come out through his back, but it had made him lose too much blood already and he was paler than usual. Scary pale, even for a vampire.

“Sorry,” was the last thing he said to me, before closing his eyes.

“NOOO! This can’t happen, this can’t Spike’s-favorite-word happen! C’mon, Spike, open your eyes, tell me something, anything! Don’t leave me... I can’t let you leave me!” I said in complete despair. And then I remembered what he always said: ‘a Slayer’s blood is the most powerful nectar for a vampire; sometimes it can even be miraculous. Well, it was time to see that miracle. I took the knife he always had in his pocket and I took off my sweater, leaving me clad only on my tank top. I traced a line along the length of my wrist with the blade and blood began trickling down. I let some drops fall directly over his wound, mixing my blood with his. And then, I made him raise his head, as delicately as possible, forcing my wrist into his dry mouth and making him drink my blood down, although he was unconscious.” she says and her eyes get tearful at the memory. Awww, she’s so lovely!

“So, that was the very first time that I tasted her blood... and I don’t even remember it! It’s so unfair!” I protest. “Well, maybe not so much, since I’ve had so many chances to do that again... and I still have...” I sneer.



“Spike, let me continue with the story!” Buffy protests and I please her, keeping silent.

“I hope thatt will help you, my love,” I whispered as I ripped my sweater into large strips that I could use to bandage his wound and stop the haemorrhage. I knew it wasn’t enough. He needed something more powerful, the blood of his Sire... and lucky for me, one of them was in the nearby. I lifted him up and brought his arm on my shoulder to drag him away, very carefully. I arrived to Angel’s apartment and knocked at the door insistently, calling him out while I did.

“Listen, people, Angel and I are having a very pleasant dinner, so you’d better not disturb us, unless it’s an emergency...” Cordelia said from the other side, opening the door. “And this * is* an emergency!” she added, once she saw Spike and me, and noticed our clothes stained with his blood and mine. “Gee! What happened? Come in!” she exhorted us, getting worried.

“Well, Cordy, what...” Angel trailed, as he joined her, but he stopped when he saw Spike. “WHO?” he growled, as he shifted into his game face, seemingly angry with the entire world. . He wasn’t angry with us, of course, but it was just a more than normal reaction.

“Riley. He wanted to kill me... but Spike saved me and... Oh, Angel, he’s lost so much blood, help him, do something!” I yelled, as he helped me put Spike over the sofa.

“I think I’ll leave you alone now. I’ll pray for him, let me know what happens, okay?” Cordelia said, leaving.

“Buffy, it’d be best if you don’t look, this could shock you,” Angel warned me, still in game face.

Shock me? To see someone who is just a few steps away from death receiving blood from someone else who only wants to save him? How could that shock me? I knew that one day the same thing would happen to me. I told Angel that I was okay with that, so he did it. He bit into his wrist and forced his blood into Spike’s mouth as I had done previously. The only difference was that Angel kept doing it for hours, drinking bagged blood to recover the blood that he gave to his Childe.

“C’mon, Boy, you are way much stronger than a stupid wound, you can’t let it win!” he incited him.

“Angel, go to sleep now. You did all you could do and now you need some rest,” I advised him.

“You need to rest, too!” he struck back.

“No, I can’t. I’m gonna stay here with him until he opens his eyes, and I’m sure he will!” I said and he left us alone. I spent the rest of the day crying and holding his hand. It was sunset and I had almost lost my hope by then, when I felt him squeeze my hand, very softly.

“Spike, Spike! Are you alive... I mean un-dead?” I wondered and he squeezed my hand a little bit harder, and then he opened his eyes.

“Oh my God! Angel, Angel... he woke up!” I cried happily. “Spike, you came back to me, honey!” I exulted, peppering his face with kisses, since I couldn’t hug him, because I could hurt him. Angel rushed into the room.

“Well, Boy, I’m glad that you decided that it was too soon for you to leave us!” he smiled at him and Spike smiled back.

“Hun... gry...” he murmured weakly.

“Sure, of course you are. Stay here, I’ll go to the butcher’s and...” Angel trailed, but despite his weakness Spike growled at him, a very soft growl though. “Okay, I got you, I’ll steal some blood from the hospital, but just for this time!” he corrected himself, leaving.

“Well, Spikey, as we wait for Angel to come back, if you are so hungry...” I murmured, caressing my bare neck to tease him.

And that’s when he found the strength to talk.

“Don’t... even try... Slayer!” he responded.

But I didn’t mind. He was still with me and that’s all that mattered.” Buffy concludes, stopping the recorder, before I take her away so we could remember the ‘welcome back’ she gave me as soon as I fully recovered.

TBC



So, don’t you adore ‘this’ Angel, hmm?

And believe me, soon you’ll have another reason to adore him even more!

Anyway, yeah, that’s a personal victory, this time I managed to kill Riley-how-much-I-hate-you-Finn just with a tool, not even a person! ;)

Anyway, although it was short, I assure you that his death was very, very, very painful, iihih!

I hope you’ll still like it.


p.s. I'll also update 'If i were you ' and 'Double mess ' as soon as i can, be patient.. ;)