PhotographyNut, Sharon ( believe me, dear, your wonderful reviews (all my readers'ones) are the best wage I can ask for!) , thank you so much , dear girls, you keep making my day! ;)

That’s it, this is one of the main parts to understand the whole story ( the one Spike and Buffy are telling, let’s call it ‘the fable ‘) inside the story (the one I’m writing), lol ;)

Let’s start:



XXVII. (II) (Slightly NC 17) (I took something from the end of Season Six, but it’s pretty different)

(Buffy)


““You’re right, that’s too big of a risk, you can’t take it. Well, maybe I can help you,” Angel commented.

“Really?”

“Yes. I still wonder how, but I kept my soul, and while trying to find out why I found out that there’s a way to give the soul back to a vampire. It’s a ritual that some ancient gypsies perform,” Angel informed me as I thought that all my problems were solved.

“Alright!” I exulted, but he wasn’t done yet.

“Not so fast, Boy. I’m sorry, but it’s not so easy, there’s a clause. If she gets her soul that way, she can’t be happy anymore, otherwise she’ll lose it, just one slight moment of happiness is enough to make her lose her soul,” he added.

“What? Are you telling me that if I do that my love would have to go on existing without happiness? I just can’t!” I struck back. “But I gotta find a solution. If I don’t, she will end up doing something crazy. Just two nights ago, she was about to cut her wrists and bleed to death, sure that I would save her... the way she wants me to. But I stopped her before she could start, and the rest of the family has been keeping tabs on her since that episode. Anyway, I’m very worried, everyone is...” I explained, and then I remembered something buried in my memory. “Wait. I just had an idea. I know how to fix everything!” I exulted.

“How?” Angel wondered curiously.

“If it works, I promise that I’ll tell you everything when I’m back.” I swore.

“Back?” he repeated, puzzled.

“Yes, buddy, I gotta leave and I’ll stay away for a while, probably a whole year. I just ask you to keep an eye on Buffy. I wouldn’t like her to go patrolling and end up asking the first vampire she meets to turn her.””

“I wouldn’t have done that! You know I just wanted you as my Sire!” I cut him off.

“Maybe, but back on those days... you would have done anything to get what you wanted!” he strikes back, rolling his eyes.

Uff, he really didn’t trust me at all, then!

“So, I left at sunset. Oh, I forgot to say that it was just the night before her twentieth birthday, the only one I missed. I’m sorry, but it was for a very good reason.”

“Well, all I know is that when I woke up he wasn’t there and that made me uptight, because I’d been waiting for him ever since the night before. Anyway, at sunset Angel came to see me and explained what had happened.

“Anyway, he left a message for you. I don’t know what it is that you always ask him on your birthday, but he wants you to know that the answer would have been ‘No’ once again,” Angel informed me as I freaked out.

A whole year without my Spike? How was I supposed to survive? But somehow I did, although it was unbearably sad!” I comment.

“That was the worst year ever, but I had to do it, for her, for us. I travelled a lot, until I arrived to the African desert. I had been told that there was a very powerful demon who lived there, a demon who could grant a wish if he who asked him survived his countless tortures and painful tests. I accepted the challenge and faced everything: tortures, fights against almost unbeatable adversaries, resistance tests and stuff like that, for an almost never ending time. And finally I came off better, so the demon came back to me, giving me his word that he would grant my wish.

But after all those tortures, I couldn’t go back to my love like that. I had to recover a little bit first. Anyway, I came back to Sunnyhell exactly one year later, and no, it wasn’t a coincidence, I did it on purpose.

I visited Angel to know how Buffy was doing. She seemed to be okay and she kept doing her same stuff, but she had left College. She was patrolling at that time, yes, even on her birthday, so I just sneaked inside our room, waiting for her.”

“When I came back, all the lights were oddly turned off, but I managed to reach my room anyway.

“Happy birthday, pet!” a male voice that I knew very well exclaimed, as its owner turned the lights on. I run toward him and hugged him tight.

“Spike! You came back, you didn’t leave me, I was so afraid that you were sick of me,” I said between tears.

“You are kidding, right? I can’t leave you; I could never get sick of you. I just did it for your own good!”

For my own good! A part of me wanted to beat him down for that, but the part that was happy to be back in his arms won, so I just pushed all the bad thoughts away and kissed him deeply, welcoming him back.

“Thank you, Spike, this is the best gift I could receive for my birthday!” I murmured huskily.

“Are you sure?” he asked me, raising his scarred eyebrow with a smirk. “If my memory serves me right, there’s a gift you’ve wanted from me since you were a little kid...” he whispered in my ear as my heart filled with happiness.

“Are you telling me that…” I trailed, too excited to go on. I had the feeling that things had changed, I didn’t know how, but I didn’t care.

“Why don’t you ask me again?” he said, giving me the umpteenth kiss.

“Spike, my love, would you like to bite me... forever?” I asked him as he caressed my neck with a finger and pulled me closer. I smiled when I saw him shift into his game-face, licking his lips and staring at me with his gorgeous amber eyes.

“Anything my beloved sunshine desires!” he growled low, bending on my neck and... I guess you can picture the rest on your own!” I conclude, turning the recorder off.


I will never ever forget that moment and his first bite. I thought I would feel God only knows what kind of pain, instead, when his elongated and sharp canines sank into my neck with such tenderness, I just felt a weak puncture, as a huge heat I had never felt before enveloped me and increased with every sip. A total contrast with the coldness of his body.

Without stopping from drinking, Spike lifted me up and laid me down on the bed, placing himself upon me and starting to undo my shirt.

He pulled away from me and came back to his human visage, kissing me.


“Uh? Is it already over? I liked that!” I pouted, fearing that he had already changed his mind.

He burst out laughing.

“Over? Oh no, my pet, that’s only the beginning. I already told you, once I got to taste your amazing, delicious blood, unique in its perfection, I can’t stop my demon anymore, it’s gotta have you, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t make some sweet and tender love in the meantime,” he murmured, taking off his shirt and black T shirt while I dealt with the belt and his jeans.

“Anything my soon to be Sire desires!” I quoted his previous sentence, pushing him down and pinning him to the mattress. After all, he had taken just a little amount of blood from me, I was still powerful ... and I showed him that.

And finally, in the exact moment I reached the highest pleasure, he made it double, because his fangs took possession of my neck again, sucking with more eagerness, but not with less tenderness.
And I gave my life to him more than willingly, with the promise of receiving something absolutely better in exchange, something special, something that anything can come close to.

He pulled off me after a long time, taking his inseparable knife to cut his chest, smiling at me as he did it. As soon as the blood started trickling down from the wound, I bent on to the small red pond, starting to sip from it slowly, to taste its flavour better, a mix between sweet and bitter, icy and hot. He laughed, both due to my initiative and that I was tickling him with my hair.

“Good girl, yeah... that’s it, drink deep. I’m already so proud of you, my beloved Childe!” he purred in delight, and that was the last thing I heard, before crashing down on his chest, exhausted, and falling in the longest of my sleeps.



“You are thinking about * that * again, aren’t you?” Spike asks me, bringing me back to the present.

“How did you know that?” I wonder, without understanding how he can read my mind so easily every single time.

“I can read it in your sparkling eyes, my sweet Childe. And I’ll tell you what, I was thinking about that, too. So, if you want, we can do a re-enactment right now,” he suggests as we return to our room.

If I want? Gee, does he even need to ask me that?

TBC

Did you like that?

So, if you wanna see a certain vampiress’ awakening, don’t miss the first part of the next chapter... the last one…

I hope you’ll still like it , but even if you don’t fell free to tell me anything! ;)


p.s. next step in the updates will be 'If I were you ', be patient, I just beagn typing the new chapter...