Hi, sorry for late, here’s the new chapter!
Thank you, Allison and Caitie, I’m so glad you like it and I hope you’ll still do! ;)


III. (I took a little something from ‘Fool for Love’)


(Buffy)


Finally, I also have to tell you something, and I think I’d better do it instead of him, because, you know, Spike is a megalomaniac... uh!

Sorry, too difficult a word for you. I meant... he loves the attention, but to make him tell you about his own birth… or rather rebirth... seemed a little bit exaggerated to me, don’t you agree?

Well, let’s begin.


So, we start with Drusilla’s revenge, there’s no need to give you the details, is it?

Fine. You know, although she had changed, she still loved Angel as much as he loved her, and because of that he allowed her to kill the ones that had hurt her... and not only them, there were lots of other people, too!

Sometimes though, he tried to prevent her from killing and tried to save some innocent people. The only problem was that when he did that, the two vampires ended up arguing, sometimes even for days and days, but at the end they always made it up and found themselves more in love than before.

Angel took her away from London, making her visit the major part of Occidental Europe. But after about twenty years of travelling, practically at the beginning of 1880, she begged him to return to London, at least for a while.

It wasn’t simple nostalgia for her native land; she felt that something had to happen, that they shouldn’t be alone. Drusilla wanted a family, and to her it meant to make a vampire and teach him about everything, helping him to get accustomed to his new dark nature and accept it, in a word, all the precious teachings that Darla had never given her poor Angel.


He pleased his beloved and they came back to London.

No matter all the walks they took around the town every night, Drusilla didn’t seem to be satisfied, she hadn’t found whom she wanted yet. The sailors, the drunk men and the little thieves of the most dismal boulevards were nothing but a delicious meal to her, and Angel let her do whatever she pleased, although he didn’t agree.


But one night she finally found someone who was worthy enough to become her Childe.
There was a party at the richest boulevard in London, where only the nobles and the high society could participate.


Someone had left the party with the saddest face, and that someone had caught Drusilla’s attention.

That someone was William, a not too talented poet, but with a great passion; he was shy and reserved and had a gentle and romantic attitude.

He was also desperate; he seemed to have lost his faith in love, in everything he believed in, even in himself!

He was the perfect target for the vampiress.

She approached him, asking him what tragedy had upset him so badly
. At the beginning, William didn’t pay much attention to her, quite the contrary, for a few moments he even mistook her for a thief, because, back on those days, there were lots of them around.

But she told him it wasn’t a wallet what she needed from him, and then she pointed first at his heart and then at his mind, telling him that those were where his true richness was.

He was fascinated by the stranger, but he still didn’t trust her, and he looked at her in disbelief through his eyeglasses.
She noticed that so she began telling him about how he was, what he wanted, what he dreamed about.

He was more and more astonished with each word, he thought that he had finally found someone who could understand him for real.



But surprise, surprise!
Drusilla understood him just because she is very good in reading people’s minds, and as sensitive as she is, you know, she would manage to do that with anyone she wanted!

But he didn’t know that and she wanted him.
She asked him if it was what he really desired and at the beginning he nodded, then he took it back, then he resorted to an excuse... but finally he admitted that that was what he craved the most.

So, she showed him her true face, but he wasn’t scared at all, only surprised. He allowed her to get closer and closer to his neck, she bit him and he cried, but then he simply moaned in deep pleasure.


You’re probably thinking: ‘And that’s how he became a vampire.’

And the answer is no, that’s really how he almost died; because, you know, our dear Drusilla is also a very careless girl, so much so that she could win the Nobel Prize if they had one for that, so... you know... she had forgotten to do that little but very necessary thing, that is to make him drink some of her blood in order for him to become a vampire.

She left him in agony on the ground, while death was about to claim him as she walked away singing about her little Prince that would come to her very soon.

Luckily, Angel had stayed close by observing her, otherwise there wouldn’t have been a little Prince to arrive.

Bending over William, the brunette vampire cut his wrist and made him drink his blood before it was too late, and after that he came back to his Childe, explaining to her the mess she almost let happen..

And that’s how William became a vampire.

Uh, oops, I almost forgot: William is none other than the one we all call Spike.


You know, he doesn’t like talking about his past very much. In fact, I know this stuff about him just because recently he got completely wasted and usually when people are drunk they talk a lot, I’m a very good listener and I have an excellent memory.

You know, he swears and swears again that he hates his human life, that to be killed made him feel alive for the very first time ever... but I can assure you that he doesn’t disdain his past as much as he claims, he still keeps all the poetry that he’s written, even the poems that he thinks are bloody awful. And guess what? I’ve even caught him writing poetry once or twice!

But know God only knows where he has them hidden, after that one time when I found them...


You know, I was about six years old and I had just learned to read. It was a day like many others.
I wandered around the warehouse as all the others slept.

And looking here, looking there, I found a box with a lot of rolled papers, so I had started opening them and reading.

I don’t remember their content, to be honest, I don’t even remember that I did that, it’s Spike who keeps bringing it back to me every now and then.

But I do remember his terrible revenge after he caught me reading his stuff. He took Mr. Gordo away from me for a whole week! You can’t even begin to imagine what nightmare it was to me to fall asleep without my Mr. Gordo, of course, that was then. Now, I don’t need it anymore.

Anyway, one day I’ll explain better to you who... or rather what Mr. Gordo is!

Now, I guess I’d better turn the recorder off. All this speech about Spike’s past must be a secret between you, me ... and this cassette.

I know him very well, he would never rewind and listen to it.
Well, tomorrow we’ll keep on with the tale, ok?

I turned it off just in time, because just a few minutes later my love is back.

Uhmm, look at his oh so satisfied look:

a) He had fun scaring someone.

b) He faced a very violent fight against a strong demon.

c) He fell on a tub filled with Bourbon… what does he find in that liquor, by the way?

d) All of the above.


I haven’t time for my hypotheses anymore, because he lifts me up and kisses me as if he hadn’t seen me in ages.

“My kitten, thank you so much for making me go patrolling tonight! There was a giant and very powerful chaos Demon... and you know how much I hate them all, they’re so... Anyway, what a bleeding fight! I turned him into a pulp of blood and broken bones, before killing him. Ah, that’s the stuff!” he exults.


I knew it: b)!

Awww.. Oh God, now he is purring as he nibbles my neck... and I lose my mind every time he does that!

“So, sunshine, you know very well the effect that violence has on me...” he murmurs as he takes me to our room to turn that effect into practice!

Ah, God bless patrol!

TBC

Next time, Spike will talk about his un-life, eh eh! ;)