Hello, yes, it’s hard for me to believe it, too... but I’m back!!

I’m very sorry, but RL and mostly writing a very different kind of fanfiction (not this fandom) are keeping me pretty busy.

Anyway, I just want you to know that I never ever leave something incomplete, no matter if I might take ages to update.

Thank to everyone for their patience!!!

And finally, here’s the last part of the chapter:

XXVIII. (II)

(Buffy)

But since she is the daughter of two vampires and that has never happened before, we don’t know if there could be any kind of consequences in the future.

So Giles advised, or rather decided, that we shouldn’t be spending too much time with her, at least during her first year.

In fact, after I gave birth, Giles only let us hold her in our arms for a few minutes, before he and the Scoobies took her away and looked after her for us.

During her first months of life we could only see her once every three weeks, and for nothing more than a couple of hours, a too damn short time for two first-time parents if you ask me.

But about two months ago, Spike told Giles that he would like to tell her our story from the beginning, so she could listen to it when she was a little bit older. He agreed and allowed us to take her home with us for all the time it took us to complete taping the story; but he made us promise that we would stay with her just during the time we were telling the tale, making someone else look after her during the rest of the day, because he thinks that it’s better if she doesn’t spend too much time with us.

That’s why this story has been so important to us.

Oops... that reminds me...

“Do you think that we talked way too much about blood?” I wonder, as new doubts filled my mind.

“What? I think if anything we talked about it way * too rarely * !” Spike answers.

“So, tomorrow she’ll go away...” I murmur as I caress her still very short hair.

“Yes, but it’s just for two months, and after that we’ll be totally free to stay with her, if nothing bad happens that is, but I’m sure it won’t. She has been absolutely normal so far, so she will still be when the year is over!” Spike assures me.

“Well, they will be the longest months of my un-life!” I sigh, as our pretty daughter stares at us with her baby blue eyes and then she grabs my thumb with her tiny hand and Spike’s with the other one.

We smile at her and she gives out a cheerful yell and a series of unintelligible coos that make us understand that she is happy.

“Boody!” she exclaims.

Oh, my God! It’s her first word and we could be here, listening to her. Too bad that this is not the most suitable word she could say.

“Spiiike!” I growl.

“Wha.. what? She clearly said ‘Body’!” he justifies.

“No, you know she didn’t. You managed to contaminate her with your bad, bad mouth!” I snap.

“Okay, okay, maybe I might have said that a couple of times in the tapes, without realizing it,” he apologizes.

“Amn!” Dawn exclaims.

Her second word and it just keeps getting worse.

“It seems that I’m not the only one who let a forbidden word slip into the tape, Miss Bad Mouth!” he growls against me and Dawn chuckles. That’s enough to make us smile, too.

“Boody amn! Boody amn! Boody amn!” she keeps repeating, jumping in her cradle.

Alright, only two months with us and look at what she learned. We are such a disaster as parents!

“Hey, B, it seems that you’re not the only Slayer in town anymore. G-man wants us to go to his apartment, so he’ll introduce her to us,” Faith informs us, as she enters our room.

“Us?” I question her.

“Well, Wes, Andy and I will come, too, of course, we are too curious!” she smiles, as Spike lifts Dawn up in his arms and I take all her stuff and... sigh... we have to take her back to my Watcher.
But, as Spike said, it’s just a matter of other two months.

-------------------------------------------------

After explaining to Giles that during these months Dawn spent with us she had no odd or violent attitudes, Giles took us to the other room, where all the others were waiting for us, including a very pretty girl we hadn’t seen before. She is petite but with a nice body and her hair is a mix between red and brown.

“This is Anya Jenkins, from Texas, and she is the new Slayer!” Giles introduces her to us, as I shake her hand.

“Yes, I made my holy duty there for a couple of years, exactly since you died, but in Texas there’s nothing more than vampire cowboys. I wanted something different. Plus, my Watcher didn’t want to increase my salary...” she explains.

“Salary?” Giles and I repeat at unison.

“Yeah, salary, of course. The Slayer is a job like any others and every job gives you a salary. And I happen to be a very good Slayer. So, what? Did not you get a salary here?” she wonders.

“Actually, I’ve never ever got anything, not even a tip for my slaying,” I grumble, glaring at Giles.

“Uh, well, Anya, I don’t know how things work in Texas, but here it’s different, there’s no salary,” Giles informs her.

“WHAT?! No way. Even one Slayer can have a Labour Union, I’ll be my own Labour Union. I’m not gonna dust a single vamp or slay a single demon if I don’t get paid!” she crosses her arms at her chest.

What can I say? I already love her determination!

“Well, Anya, we’ll see,” Giles surrenders, bewildered by her speech.

“So, how does it work here? I slay for a while and then… when I find the right vamp... I go to the dark side? If so... can I have him?” she asks, pointing at Wesley.

“Hands off, girl! He’s private property!” Faith growls at her.

“And before you wonder, dear, he’s off limits, too!” Cordelia warns her, holding Angel tight to her.

“Well, he’s a werewolf, but he’s mine anyway!” Willow declares, hugging her Oz.

“But you can have me!” Andrew smiles at her, slyly.

“Sorry, sugar, but I’m twenty-two years old and I need a man!” she strikes back.

“Well, I’m an almost thirty-two years old vampire!” he clarifies proudly.

“Maybe, but you look eighteen years old!”

“Actually, I was twenty years old when I was turned,” he grumbles, insulted.

“What about you, gorgeous?” Anya smiles, turning to Xander.

“Me? Well, sorry, but I’m not a vampire, I’m Giles’s assistant and maybe one day I’ll also be a Watcher. In the meantime I work for a construction company,” he explains.

“Oh, so you have a job that makes you sweat, I love that. Can I come to see you sweating, possibly shirtless? In exchange, since you are a Watcher-wannabe, why don’t you come to my house to watch me... naked?” she suggests to him, leaving us all astonished and stunned, as Xander seems a cartoon with his jaw opened so wide that’s one extreme is about to touch the ground as his tongue rolled down as a carpet.

“Well, well, I guess that the Slayer has found her * stake * !” Spike sneers.

“Eeeww, you, pig!” I scold him, but he’s right. After all, Xander needed such an enterprising girl who distracts him from his studies. And now that he’s found her... we’ll see what happens...

“Anya, you are not here to... uh... date, but to learn how to be a better Slayer !” Giles makes her notice.

“Yes, but I don’t see anything wrong if I can mix work with pleasure!” she snorts, winking at Xander who is feeling more than a little awkward.

I’m liking this girl more and more. I’ll have such fun training her... but I already know that Dawn will meet her just when she is much older. Just for her innocence’s sake!

TBC

So, did you expect that?

I hope you’ll like Anya in this unusual role, eh, eh.

Well, it’s almost done, just a pretty long epilogue to go! ;)

Hope you’ll still like it, but feel free to tell me anything, as always.