Hello, thank you so much, I’m glad you still like it so far! ;),


IV. (I took a little quote from ‘Fool for love’)


(Spike)


“Are you sure that I won’t lose anything big?” Buffy yells at me from the bathroom.

How many times did I repeat it to her? It’s the third time she asks me this question.

“No, honey, I’m not gonna talk about the special event yet, don’t worry!” I reassure her.

“Mm. Ok, because you know that I wanna be there to hear that, too, when it’s the moment!” she points out, arranging herself and leaving the bathroom.

Why is she using that much make up? That tank top is way too low cut, and where’s the skirt? All I see is that very little piece of fabric.

Here we go again! Now, I’m composed 50% of protective father.. and 50% of very jealous boyfriend. No, on second thought... it’s just the very jealous boyfriend!


But I’d better not make any jealous scenes or she will start another scolding about mutual trust and all the space I must leave her.

“Well, Faith is waiting for me outside...” she warns me, taking her purse.
“Don’t let her kill too many people!”

“Just those who deserve it, it’s up to them and their bad attitude. Anyway, you know how it works, she stays alone with them to kill them... I stay alone with them to flirt a little!” she chuckles.

I know that she is joking, but I can’t stand it, so I make her realize that with a growl of protest.

“Just dare to say something like that again, kitten, and to hell with the nights at the discotheque! I’ll just chain you to a wall and torture you eternally... * my way *!” I threaten her, but my tone gets softer at the last part and I pull her roughly against me to give her a kiss that will make her think about me all night long.

“Mm... sounds good...” she smiles at me, passing a finger over her lips and then she kisses me back. “I love it when you play the big jealous guy, but you should know better, my love, I dance in that special way just for you...” she murmurs, approaching the door.

“Anyway, Wesley... will be there too, so, if he’s not too busy with Faith, he’ll keep an eye on me if I misbehave, but I never misbehave, you know...” she declares with the most innocent look.

“Someone goes dancing, someone else stays here and keeps telling the story,” she singsongs.

“Go before I change my mind; you know, sometimes I think that I’ve spoiled you too bloody much!” I grumble.

“Believe me, you did a wonderful job! About the tale, I got to the point when you traded up on the food chain!” she explains to me.
“No, please, don’t make it sound like something you’d flip past Discovery Channel! Becoming a vampire is a profound and powerful experience... you should know it...” I protest.

“Believe me, I know!” she winks at me. “Bye, love, see you!” she says leaving, mostly because Faith has lost her patience and she has started hooting.


I have nothing against it, as long as they use Wes’ car, I don’t even dare to think about what they could do to my Desoto! And now, here we go in front of the recorder once again.


Well, a few nights after, if I’m not wrong they were six nights, I woke up again. But don’t think that I was on a comfy bed, quite the contrary! As wicked as she is, Drusilla had decided to put me six feet under and Angel hadn’t done much to prevent her from doing that. Yes, ok, he met the same destiny... but she didn’t!

Anyway, believe me, it’s not a beautiful experience.
I was already confused on my own, asking myself the classic questions: ‘Where am I ? Why am I here? What happened?’ and so forth and then I realized that I was inside a coffin.

In fact, due to the surprise, I growled, astonishing myself... had I done that animal sound? I gave out another one and that confirmed to me that it was really me.

I was dumbfounded due to the growl; but well, when I touched my face it got worse. Let’s ignore the fact that it was very cold, it was more wrinkled than usual, all bumpy... and when I touched my mouth I almost cut my finger.

Since when were my teeth so sharp and long?
Well, I found out soon that my features weren’t the only thing that had changed.

Before, I could barely open a can or bring a pile of heavy books. Instead, now... just one hard shove and the coffin was broken.



And after I finally dug my way out of my grave, I saw my two Sires.
She smiled at me, stretching her arms as if she wanted to hug me... and in fact, I felt the urge to let her. Meanwhile, he stood still, looking at me seriously, with a darkened face.

Without wanting it, I growled again, feeling a sudden and excruciating pain, but Drusilla had already figured out what it was.

In fact, I saw her leaving and come back with a young woman who was screaming terrified. She threw her in my arms and without even realizing it my fangs had already sunk into her tender neck.
The more I drank, the more I wanted it, it seemed like it would never enough, I wanted to take that life, but Angel abruptly snatched her from my grip, leaving her on the ground, very weak, but still alive.

I was a bit disappointed, so I tried to get her back, but he summoned me with a dominating growl and I gave in.

Well, I did give in just because I was a fledgling, if he’d done it now... there’s no way he would’ve dominated me!

Angel took Dru and me away, telling us that it was enough for that night. Drusilla was as upset as I was, saying that the stars weren’t happy if the dance wasn’t complete.


I got accustomed to her nonsense sentences, I miss them a little bit, to be honest. I also miss her a little bit, to be honest.
And that was my first night as a vampire.



Angel prevented me from coming back to my house or taking my revenge towards that club of bloo... of idiots. About the idiots I’m very sorry, because I would’ve tortured them all endlessly, but I’m not sorry about the fact that I couldn’t return to my home, I thank Angel for that.

I was planning to do something that after a while I would have figured out was a terrible mistake, so I’m glad for not doing it.


You know, having two Sires is cool, because it makes you feel twice loved, because I know that, in his way, Angel loves me, too, and he’s proud of me, at least he is proud now.

During my first years of un-life it wasn’t so. I lost count of all the times he punished me and scolded me. It worked like that: if one night I went hunting and I killed, Drusilla jumped happily and was all sweetness with me, but Angel yelled at me and punished me. On the other hand, if I went hunting but without killing anyone, just feeding, my older Sire was satisfied, but the younger one was disappointed so she punished me, and I repeat... ouch... she is wicked!

Whatever I did, one of them was never happy. Gee, that could be so confusing!

What can I say? She incited my vampire instincts, but Angel did all he could not to make me lose the part of humanity that I still retained in me.

They both won in the end, because I have all my vampire instincts and I know how to show my value, but on the other side, Angel taught me how to respect human beings. Beyond the fact that they’re a delicious walking Happy Meals, people aren’t that bad, after all.

Angel had managed to dominate my demon about the killing, but also my attitude had changed. From the reserved and shy guy I used to be, I had become... way too extroverted!

I wreaked havoc in every town we visited, and believe me, you can wreak havoc even without killing.

I annoyed the whole crowd that followed us enraged. It was fun! Well, it wasn’t fun for Angel and Dru, because I was the main reason behind our continuous travelling.

What can I say? I was young. I was a rebel!

In fact, I always struck back to my Sires in a very witty and cocky way, so much so that they decided to call me Spike, because I could be and I can still be... sharp!

And it’s a name that fits me to a T, the hell with my pathetic human name!



Angel talked to me also about the person who is our worst enemy since the beginning of time, the Slayer, a young girl who is chosen to fight and kill our species and all the other kinds of demons.

Everyone thinks that the slayer is a heroin, a champion of Good, but from my point of view she was just a merciless Killer who destroyed everyone without even knowing who they really are.

Everyone thinks that we are evil, disgusting things without any feelings, but they are wrong.

And from that day on I began hating Slayers and I swore that one good day I would kill one of them on my own. Angel and Drusilla didn’t believe me, they just thought I was joking, but when we arrived in China, during the Boxer Revolution ... one day you will study history and you’ll learn what that is, they changed their minds.

But before talking about it, if you don’t mind, I’m gonna drink a glass of O negative, go outside, smoke two or three cigarettes and then I‘ll resume telling the story, I promise.

TBC

Spike’s break lasts about twenty- thirty minutes... but you’ll have to wait way longer than that... because I’m evil, ihihihi!
But I’ll make you forgive me with a long chapter full of (hopefully) unexpected surprises…