Hello , I’m back with this story again!
Thank you so much, Caitie, it seems that you are the only one who likes it, but it’s already enough for me!
Anyway, since with this chapter things became clearer.. I changed summary, so it’s not so confusing anymore.. and I hope that other people will like it, too from now on..
Anyway, let’s go on:


VI. (Buffy)

A punishment? For me?!
I still can’t believe it, he never gave me a punishment when I was a kid... and he did now that I’m twenty one years old... and I’ll be twenty one years old forever?
He didn’t allow me to go patrolling either, uff!
And I’d promised Willow and Xander that I would go and have a picnic with them at the Park.
Stupid curfew and stupid sunrise!
After all, we all came back safe and sound, but that’s not enough for him anyway, grrr!
“Slayer, are you done with the complaining? I can hear your growls all around the bloody warehouse!” Spike exclaims, getting into the room.

Uhmm.. when he calls me that using that tone, it usually means that he’s still angry with me.
I try to look at him, batting my eyelashes... maybe that will work.
“Ah-ah, baby, your tricks don’t work on me, I know you too bloody well to be fooled and I’m not going to change my mind anyway!”
“But why only me? Wes and Faith also have...” I try to protest.
“Well, well, just tell me, who kept saying ‘No, please, one song more!’ when they exhorted you to come back?” he strikes back.
Gee, that’s true, he really knows me too well.
“Ok, I give in. After all, when you have to live for an eternity… I guess that seven days are nothing!” I stated, although I’m not very convinced.
“You’re right, honey. You won’t even notice, plus this will teach you to come back earlier next time!” he repeats. “You know what? This morning I talked with Rupert about that and not only he agrees with me, but he would’ve grounded you for at least three more weeks, so be happy for having just one!” he adds.
Uff, it seems that Giles and Spike almost challenge each other to be the one who is more concerned over me... and, to be honest, I don’t know who the winner would be!
But I know that they act like that because they both care about me and love me very much... of course, in two *very * different ways... so, it’s normal if they worry for me.
“Anyway, it’s not so bad if you stay home for a while...” Spike murmurs, kissing me and... Oh my god, what a kiss! If only it lasted for a whole week... well, time would really run out very fast then! “Are you ready to go there? Tonight it’s about * that * night!” he winks at me.. and my previous pout disappears.
After giving him my word that I won’t interrupt him and I’ll stay here quietly listening to him, he presses ‘play’ and the story goes on.

“I had a good time with my group, but I’m not going to bore you with the tales of our adventures during those eight years ...”
He better! I’ve already waited way too much for this moment to come; tonight he must cut to the chase!
“You know, when you are a vampire, years last as long as hours. So... after a bunch of ‘hours’ it already was the eventful 1981. It was a warm night at the end of June, so I had a taken advantage of that to take a walk... and please, notice, I said ‘walk’ not ‘hunt’ ... it’s just to make you understand that I’m not only a bloodsucker!” he explains.
It always amuses me when he tries to point that out.
“I ended up wandering near a convent, and believe me, I usually keep myself as far as possible from those holy places, because you know, vampires and holy stuff don’t get along very much… but there was something that drew my attention: a young woman who couldn’t be older than thirty years. She was very nice, with brown curls and a very sweet and gentle attitude... if only I had had the chance to know that woman, I know that I would’ve been fond of her.”

I got that feeling, too. Anyway, he’s so lovable when he reveals his tender side, my heart melts every time.

“She was holding something wrapped into a white sheet and I already knew what or rather * who * it could be: a baby. She kept talking to the white little sack and, although I was quite afar from her, I could hear her perfectly. She was apologizing for what she was doing, but she had no choice, because her husband had left her immediately after discovering her disease, something incurable, a few months after the baby’s birth. Plus, her husband’s family – If I can call that man a husband, no, if I can call him a man!- had turned their backs to her and she had no one left in her own family. So, it wasn’t a matter of money, she just had a few more months of life, so she was forced to do that, poor woman...”

My poor mother, this is all I know about her, but it’s enough to make me wish I had known her; she must have been a wonderful person.
I remember when Spike talked to me about her for the first time, I was still a little girl, but I had a violent reaction, I told him that it was all his fault and I gave vent to my rage with him, crying desperately and punching his chest, I told him that he could’ve rescued her, but he had been a coward, because he had never thought about that.
So, he looked at me with the tearful eyes he gets whenever I say something that hurts him, although I don’t want to do that. And then he talked with me about his mother, about his will to rescue her and about Angel who prevented him from doing that. That’s when I figured out that there couldn’t be any person who understood what I was going through better than Spike.

“You know, Buffy was angry with me for not trying to save her mother...” he goes on.
What? Did he learn how to read my mind now? No, he doesn’t. Since always he just needs to look into my eyes and he immediately gets me.

“I could have turned her, it’s true, but it was too dangerous, because there’s something that happens whenever a human mother is turned, no matter who her Sire is, once she becomes a vampire she turns against her children. That’s why I didn’t do that and I don’t regret it!” he explains and finally I also understood that that was the right thing to do.
“The woman ran away, and since the stairs were one of the very few things that weren’t holy, I got closer to the baby, bending on her to look at her better: she was the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen, she stared back at me curiously, with her big green eyes. She stretched out her tiny arms towards me, almost as if she wanted me to lift her up, so I did just that. I saw that she kept moving uncomfortably as if there was something that annoyed her. I looked at her more carefully, and I saw a folded sheet of paper pop out. I took it and read it, there was written something like: ‘This is Buffy, I love her with my whole being, but I can’t keep her. I’m going to die and I’m the only family she has. I swear that I will always look after my baby from above. So, please, I beg you, treat my Buffy the best you can and give her a beautiful life.’ “I’ll do!” I swore to myself, looking at the little angel and playing with her few and very short golden locks. She seemed to enjoy that, because she giggled amused, and that was one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard.

I bet I enjoyed that, I love whenever he plays with my hair!
“But then, my rationality hit me. What was I doing? What kind of life could one who didn’t even have a life give her?!”
The best life I could ask for, no doubt about that.
“I called myself stupid and I put her gently down on the stairs again. I was about to leave, sure that the nuns would take great care of her. But I had just taken a step when she began crying, agitating her hands and looking at me, tilting her pretty little head just like I use to do. It seemed that she was begging me to hold her in my arms again. So, I pleased her, rocking her tiny warm body to calm her down. “Goldilocks, I’m so sorry, but I can’t keep you, I can’t give you the normal life you need. So now dear old Spikey will put you down again, but you must be a good girl and not cry, because I can’t stand to see you cry, little pet!” I tried to explain to her with a funny voice, but her only answer was to grab my nose, using both of her tiny hands and squeezing it. I hate when people touches my nose, so I gave out a growl... but I didn’t meant to. I was sure that I had scared her, but she didn’t cry, she just looked at me, narrowing her green eyes and then she giggled again, even more amused than before. It was just too much, I couldn’t let her go. Bugger it, I decided to keep her anyway!”

Gee, damn him and his bad mouth! Why did he say such a bad word?

“I ran away with the baby in my arms, before someone got out due to the noise. I arrived to my warehouse in a heartbeat... and the first one who saw me get in with her was Faith. “So, S, what? First you ask us not to kill too much... and then you bring here a baby to eat her?” she wondered, looking at me in disbelief. Meanwhile, Andrew was sure that I was going to play the remake of ‘Three men and a Baby’. Gee, that guy will drive me insane! Wesley was the only one who didn’t talk, but it seemed that he had already understood everything with a simple quick look. All the minions had reached us, too, looking at her curiously, but without saying a word. “You, idiots! No one is going to eat no one, Faith, or to make a movie, Andrew! Guys, this is Buffy, I found her and I’m gonna keep her with me, with us, but don’t you dare touch even one lock of her hair otherwise you’ll deal with me, and I guarantee it won’t be a pleasant experience!” I growled at everyone and heard Buffy giggled again. Oh, god, I was already fond of that baby!


He smiles at me, beckoning me to press ‘stop’. He’s right, for tonight it’s enough.
“I wish I remembered how it felt to be in your arms then..” I confess melancholy.
He lifts me up, leaving the room.
“Well, I can make you remember how it feels to be in my arms right now!” he whispers, nibbling gently at my ear.
Uhmm maybe I’ll manage to persuade him to forget my punishment..

TBC