Sorry for this huge late!
Caitie, thank you so very much, dear! As long as you like it I’m happy! Sure, if someone else, too, tell me they like it.. I’m happier, LOL! ;)

I confess, maybe it’s a too odd story … Anyway, let’s start the new chapter:





VII. (Buffy) (I took a little something from ‘Smashed’ (just a name!) and a certain fact from ‘Life Serial’)

No. Uff, it didn’t work. That stubborn bleached blond head didn’t change his mind, so I’m still grounded. And I don’t know what to do to spend the time.


I even played with Andrew’s collection of mini action figures, but when I was about to open a still packaged one, Andrew kicked me out of his room with a growl, explaining that his limited edition, 1979 mint condition Boba Fetttwould lose its value if it was out of the box.

Uff, that guy is so obsessed and he’d better grow up! He will always be twenty years old... but he acts like a six year old kid! No... wait... when I was six years old... I wasn’t like him!

“So, are you ready to listen to the story of Baby Buffy, my petite?”

Uh! Here he goes, but where the hell did he came from? Where has he been? After all, he always hangs around, day or night, it doesn’t make any difference to him.

“Sure, Spike, because I need to be cheered up! Gee, staying in the warehouse 24/7 is so boring! I was about to arrange all your minions’ hair just to do something, anything!” I explain frustrated, and what does he do? He laughs. He’s laughing at my misfortune, which by the way, it’s entirely his fault. Well, okay, mostly it’s my fault... but that’s so not the point!

“Come here, hairdresser-wannabe, it’s time to continue with our story!” he strikes back, taking me by the hand and dragging me to the other room.

“Hello, here’s another part of the tale. Well, when I took Buffy to my house that first night, I knew perfectly what I was doing, because in my human life I had had a brother and a sister who were way much younger than me, so much so that I seemed to be more their daddy than their big bro! The point is that I knew how to take care of a baby and that’s what I did. I left her with Faith, Wesley and Andrew for a while, not to go do my daily innocuous hunt, but to go to a grocery store and buy ... everything a baby could need: diapers, bottles, tiny clothes, homogenized food and, of course, all the toys and puppets I managed to find. To be spoilt and pleased as much as I can, that’s the ‘terrible’ fate of every baby who meets me! Anyway, believe me, money is not a problem for me, but I don’t wanna bore you explaining how I got it...”

I know how. He has some shares that made him earn a lot of money. This is the fairest way he’s gotten his money, but there are two more ways.

The first is scaring people to hand him their money, and trust me, those poor guys who met him all fangs, yellow eyes growling at them ‘Your money or your life!’ risked a heart attack. Anyway, they always pay him.

Now, as the Slayer I am I should be disappointed, but I’m not, due to many good reasons.

First of all, he kills no one.

Second, he doesn’t do that very often, lately he’s doing that less and less.

Third, it’s not that he steals from them a fortune, only a few bucks.

And last, but not the least, of course, he’s a demon, after all, so I must allow him to do something a little evil once in a while!

The other way he gets money is... playing poker. He sets poker nights with his demon friends and luck never abandons him... okay, maybe it’s also because he cheats! After all, it’s something that makes sense, I’ve heard about demons that use kittens as cash! Eeeww, that’s disgusting, poor kittens!
As I was lost in my thoughts I didn’t hear what he said. Uhmm... I bet that he was enumerating all the toys he bought for me.

“… And there was even a puppet bat... but among all the nice stuff I bought her, she preferred the worst: a big pink stuffed pig that had its name written on a horrible green T-shirt, ‘Mr. Gordo’. You know, I didn’t even buy it, it was just a freebie I got for buying all the other stuff, but she grabbed it, pulling it closer to her and giggling excitedly. That’s odd, but I was a bit jealous of that blo...”

I wear my best ‘Just-dare-to-finish-that-sentence-and-you-are-going-to-be-in-so-big-trouble!’ look... and it works.

“T-that pig, but when she looked at me with those green eyes filled with joy and thankfulness... well, that was my reward. After a while I saw that she had started yawning, so it was time for her to go sleep. What a lucky coincidence, there was just one hour to sunrise, so it was time for me to go sleep, too. The problem was where to put her. For the first day I hadn’t bought a cradle, so I took her into my room, laying down on my king size bed and falling asleep with her in my arms. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by that, quite the contrary! After all it was summer, I’m cold, so... bingo!”


This is a majestic lie, because it’s not that in winter I avoided him!

“And that was our first night of many others. As days went on, I was more and more aware that I couldn’t keep her in the dark all time long, she needed daylight, too. But you know, the idea of becoming a pile of dust didn’t sound so appealing...” he explains, grimacing.

“There was a legend about a mystic Gem that could give lots of powers to whomever wore it, but I didn’t care about being mightier, I just needed one of its benefits: immunity from sunlight. So, from what I learned since I was a little kid, I knew that legends always have some truth inside, so I was sure that that Gem existed. I didn’t waste time and I forced some of my minions to do the research... not very gently, I admit it, but you know, minions must be afraid of me, otherwise what kind of Master Vampire would I be?” he points out.

I thank my lucky stars for not being one of his minions. Gee, sometimes he’s so rude and violent with them. Well, I can’t deny that that makes him even sexier!

“Anyway, guess what? Not only the Gem existed, but it was in the same town we lived in, so my minions and I worked on building a tunnel for several days, although Buffy seemed to be bored with that. But Andrew, Wesley and Faith knew how to cheer her up. It’s just like when a kid buys a new toy and all the other kids make fun of him due to that, but then they always want to play with it. Please, notice, I’m not comparing a baby to a toy, it was something called ‘metaphor’! What was I saying? Oh, right, yeah. After all that hard work, I finally found a room full of jewels, but after some attempts I found the right one: a ring. I came back to the warehouse and took advantage of that immediately, taking Buffy to the park, enjoying the warmness of the sun on my skin. Oh, god, she was so beautiful under the sunlight, her eyes looked brighter and her little curls really seemed to be made of gold. She was so happy for going outside. For the first months there were just short walks, mostly because she couldn’t walk yet. By the way, I was there when she took her very first step... which was just to reach her stupid Mr. Gordo!” he snaps, and I hardly can prevent myself from laughing.

After all these years... he’s still jealous of my pig!

“I didn’t miss any of her special moments, just like her first word. Well, it’s not something I’m very proud of, because her first word was ‘sodding’ ... or rather as she pronounced it ‘sodin’. Anyway, it was my bad mouth’s fault. I’m glad that she pronounced my name before the stupid pig’s, although she couldn’t say my name right, because she called me ‘Piky’ and she carried on that way until she was eight years old. Uhmm... I guess she did it on purpose...”

Why is he looking at me like that, now? Okay, it’s true, I did it on purpose. Everyone call him ‘Spike’, I wanted to be special.

“Another funny thing is that while most babies wake up in the middle of the night, she didn’t. The first night she followed my bio-clock, but then she turned my biorhythm upside down, because she forced me to wake up at 10:00 a.m. or at midday. The Gem of Amara wasn’t enough. Anyway, I had sworn to myself that I would use the ring just until she grew up... but I couldn’t bring myself to stop using it after that. God only knows how much I love the sun! That’s all for tonight, there will be more adventures tomorrow, I promise!” he murmurs as he turns off the recorder.

“So, what can we do now?” he purrs, caressing my hair, but I’m not gonna to be fooled, not tonight, * I * will make him give in to me!

“Well, I don’t know about you, but I’ve been planning to cuddle Mr. Gordo all day long. Talking about him made me want to hold him in my arms again…” I explain to him, because... truth is that I still have the stuffed animal in my room, well... our room.

“Only him? Can you hold me, too, in your arms?” he makes puppy eyes to me, pouting.

No weakness. This is precisely the moment I’ve been waiting for.

“Well, that depends... will you forget about my punishment?”

Now I’m the one who is making puppy eyes.

“You know what? Have fun with your bloody Mr. Gordo! In the meantime, I guess I’ll go do the patrolling you’ve been missing so badly. I would’ve asked you to come with me... but... oops, you can’t! Bye, Slayer!” he strikes back, leaving.

Sometimes he can be so evil!

Grrr, that’s not what I had planned! So now, not only I’m still grounded... but I also gotta hug that stupid pig all day long!

TBC

I know, I know, sorry, I’m obsessed with that Gem! ;)


Pleaaase.. if you can.. tell me what you think.. whatever it is...