Hello, I'm back with this one, too, finally!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, CAITIE!!!!! ;)

Author Note: Before reading: since from this chapter on sometimes they’ll both talk in the tape recorder, just what I put between “…” is recorded, the words that aren’t are just Spike’s (or Buffy’s, if the POV is hers) thoughts, ok?

Anyway, now Baby Buffy starts talking (a lot!) so... I guess it will be funnier! Just find out how smart a little girl can be! ;)

VIII.

(Spike)

Oh, c’mon! Did she really believe that she could fool me with that dirty trick? Oh, please, I’m the one who taught her those dirty tricks!

She’s lucky I don’t double her punishment due to her pathetic attempt and especially since because of *that * I couldn’t score with her!

But now I’ve to get into our room as silent as I can ...after all it’s just 2:00 p.m. She will surely still be sleeping, everyone else surely still is, too.

In fact, there she is, the sheet is almost completely thrown off the bed, she kept the adorable pout she had when I left, and... a-ha! She threw the bloody Mr. Gordo to the opposite corner of the room. You deserve that, stupid sodding puppet! She prefers me when she sleeps.

I approach slowly toward my Sleeping Beauty and I place a tender kiss on her lips. It’s enough to wake her up. She laboriously opens her eyes and even without being completely awake she holds me tight and falls asleep again on my chest, slurring a feeble ‘Peace’.


Honestly, I didn’t even think that we were fighting, I mused as I also fall asleep with her.

Special ring or not, I must quit coming back so late! Anyway, until sunset not even the World War Three can wake me up!

----------------------------------------

But after sunset, my personal World War III began and its name is Buffy.

“C’mon, honey, hurry, it’s tale-time!” she tugs me down the bed, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards the other room. She doesn’t seem to care that I’m not fully awake yet.

When I regain the faculty of talking without slurring due to my still sleepy state, the tale continues.

Buffy already warned me about that today she’ll intervene, too, because she is sick of listening to only me. Well... how the hell could she tell you something that she doesn’t even remember?

Whatever! Let’s start.

“Time went by quickly and when she was three years old, she began the bloody ‘why?’ age...”

“Spike!” Buffy cut me off angrily. I don’t care and I’m not gonna rewind and start it again. After all, it’s a word like all the others, so I resume talking.

“She saw me one night as I drank a cup of blood, so the third degree started. “Hey, Piky, what are you doing?” she asked me. I thought about that for a while and then I decided, why should I have to lie to her? She would find out the truth sooner or later anyway, so it was better to tell her everything right then. “I’m drinking blood,” I answered quietly. “Eeeww! Why?” she wondered, a little bit disgusted. “Because I’m a vampire!” “Why?” “Because Drusilla wanted some company... “ I responded vaguely. “I keep you company, so... am I a vampire, too?” she asked me... way too excited over the prospect. “No, little pet, you’re not...” and I can swear you that she pouted at that! “Why am I not a vamp?” “Because no one has drained you... and let you drink their blood after that!” I started giving her more details in order to impress her and make her quit it, but the opposite occurred. “Why do you vamps drink blood?” she went on. “To survive we need people’s blood!”

“And that’s a big lie, because we just need blood, not necessarily human blood!” Buffy points out.

“The Slayer just talked. Can I go on now?” I ask her, throwing daggers at her with my eyes. Her only answer is shrugging and turning to the other side, feeling insulted.

“So, you kill them!” the little Buffy figured out. “It’s not necessary, but most of the vamps do. I don’t.” “Why?” “Because I’m different. I like people and I also like people’s food. By the way, wanna have a cup of chocolate with me?” I tried to distract her from the ten thousands ‘Whys?’... and it worked. God bless chocolate!”

“You’re lying, I don’t think I was so annoying!” Buffy protests.

“Believe me, you were!” I struck back. “Now, let me keep on with the tale...”

She raises her arms in surrender, allowing me to go on.

“For that night it was over. But the night after, at sunset, she ran into my room and jumped on my bed, shaking me to wake me up. “Tell me more about vamps, Piky!” she begged me, so... how was I supposed to say no when she looked at me with those sparkling green eyes? In fact, I told her everything, why we don’t age, why for us mirrors are useless, why we always stay in the shadows - saving the exceptions -, why we don’t get along much with stakes, holy water and crosses, why our senses are stronger than the ones in humans… and other stuff, too, and she listened to me with great interest, as if I was telling her the most beautiful fable ever. But it wasn’t enough, you know? She also asked me to let her see my game-face, which I had never shown to her until then, making all the others in our family to do the same. I tried to make her change her mind, but you have no idea about how stubborn she can be!”

“Hey! I’m listening!” she makes me notice, insulted.

“Anyway, she won at the end, so I changed my features; she looked at me curiously, touching my visage with her tiny hands. She was amazed, but not shocked at all, quite the contrary! “Now I know what I want for my birthday!” she exclaimed. You know, not knowing exactly when she was born, we celebrated her birthday on the day that I found her. “So, what does my little sunshine desire?” I asked her. “A bite from you!” she shocked me with her answer, and then she ran away. She wasn’t joking. From that moment on, on every birthday of hers she jumped on me, begging me to bite her. She was obsessed with the idea! But, obviously, I always said no to her!”

“Do you remember what I did when I was nine years old?” Buffy intervenes.

“Sure, I remember, how could I ever forget that? Well, you must know that on her ninth birthday, she ran into me determined and when I lifted her up, she hugged me, opening her mouth... and biting my neck... a light bite, but it was shocking anyway! “I bit you, see? Now it’s your turn!” she incited me, but I managed to control myself even that time, although it wasn’t easy at all!

You know, Buffy never missed on her education, from kindergarten to High School. I told everyone that I was her adoptive father, because, you know, when you have some demon friends who can make fake IDs and then you can turn everything into something legal. At kindergarten and elementary schools there weren’t any troubles, but after that it became more difficult, since my human age is twenty-eight years old and I can’t age... but with some make up, I managed to look older. I needed a new identity though, because Spike was a way too eccentric name. So, I chose my human name, William. About the surname, I don’t use my real one, due to two reasons: first, well... I know it sounds odd, but I really don’t remember it, and second, even if I remembered it... I wouldn’t had used it, because someone could reach my human family-line... and to be honest, I don’t care about meeting my grand-grand-grand-... add all the other ‘grands’ you want... nephews! I had found Buffy during a summer night, so a surname popped in my head easily: Summers. William Summers, who had adopted Buffy, making her become Buffy Summers. Yeah, it fitted her to a T.

Before meeting her, I didn’t celebrate Halloween, as all the other vampires around. When she was four years old, no matter all her crying, I didn’t let her celebrate it, but when she was five years old... she won! As always, at sunset she jumped on my bed to wake me up. “Hey, guessh who I am!” When I opened my eyes, I burst out laughing: she wore my black leather coat that was practically burying her. Plus, she had put two white pencil erasers in her gums. “So, what are you supposed to be? A walrus trapped inside a petroleum puddle?” I wondered. She threw daggers at me with her eyes. “Uff, Nooo, I’m a phampire! Thesshe are my faaangs...” she explained, pointing at the pencil erasers that made her talk clumsily. “And thish ish my cape!” she went on, pointing at my coat. My only answer was laughing more than before, so she ran away disappointed as she kept stumping in my duster… and that made her even more clumsy! I reached her, taking off her coat and the pencil erasers, before she could hurt herself for real. “So, you wanna look like a vampire, don’t you?” I asked her and she nodded, jumping happily. “Ok, little pet, you won. I’ll make you do the ‘trick or treat?’ stuff around town and I assure you that you’ll be the cutest little vampiress ever!” I promised her, so with Andrew, Faith and Wes’ help we made her make up, using some flour to make her face paler, Andrew bought for her little fake fangs, Faith and Wesley made a little black cape with red lining for her and then for a classy touch I added: black nail polish on her fingernails, just as I use it,too... and... red nail polish on the corner of her mouth. “The blood of an innocent!” I explained her as she chuckled amused. So, I celebrated my first Halloween as a vampire and we got tons of candies. After all, how could people say no to my beautiful little vampy when she knocked at their doors? Anyway, from that night on she took the habit of celebrating it every year and actually I did, too; but the most interesting Halloween was when she was sixteen years old, and I’ll talk about that when it’s the right moment.”

I’m about to turn the recorder off, but Buff stops me.

“Didn’t you forget something, hmm?” she exclaims.

“Uh?”

“The lullaby that you always sang to me every night… why don’t you sing it now?” she incites me.

“Have you heard her? So, why don’t we please her? Ok, let’s do that. It’s true, I used to sing her a very particular lullaby. It’s not something that a father would sing to his daughter… but after all I wasn’t her father for real and she wasn’t really my daughter. Well, let’s see if I still remember it.


I'LL BE YOUR WATER BATHING YOU CLEAN
THE LIQUID PEACE
I'LL BE YOUR ETHER YOU'LL BREATHE ME IN
YOU WON'T RELEASE
WELL I'VE SEEN YOU SUFFER, I'VE SEEN YOU CRY THE WHOLE NIGHT THROUGH
SO I'LL BE YOUR WATER BATHING YOU CLEAN
LIQUID BLUE


I'LL BE YOUR FATHER, I'LL BE YOUR MOTHER,
I'LL BE YOUR LOVER, I'LL BE YOURS X2


I'LL BE YOUR LIQOUR BATHING YOUR SOUL
JUICE THAT'S PURE
AND I'LL BE YOUR ANCHOR YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE
SHORES THAT CURE
WELL I'VE SEEN YOU SUFFER, I'VE SEEN YOU CRY FOR DAYS AND DAYS
SO I'LL BE YOUR LIQOUR DEMONS WILL DROWN
AND FLOAT AWAY

I'LL BE YOUR FATHER, I'LL BE YOUR MOTHER,
I'LL BE YOUR LOVER, I'LL BE YOURS X2 “

“In fact, he has been all these things to me! That’s all for tonight, bye!” Buffy exclaims at the end, pressing ‘STOP’.

And judging by the way she is looking at me... I know for sure that I won’t be worrying about not scoring anymore!

TBC

The ‘lullaby’ is a song by Placebo (I love that band!), ‘I’ll be yours’.

Well, in the next chapter you’ll hear Buffy talking about the ‘terrible‘ first days in Kindergarten … and much more!
So, as you wait for this part to come... why don’t you let me know what you think of the story so far? Pretty please...