Deep Inside



By Heather Martin



*You can lie to others. You can lie to yourself. But you can’t lie to your dreams .*



 


Spoilers- Grave



Disclaimer- Joss owns all the characters from Buffy TVS. The soul mate principle idea was taken from L.J. Smith’s book series called Night World.



Distribution- Sure, just ask



Summary- Anyone know what dissociative fugue amnesia is? Well, Spike develops such a case after his sudden shiny soul, along with the unexpected return of humanity. He just can’t cope, so he pretends to be somebody he‘s not. As for Buffy, she lies to herself that Spike’s absence hasn’t effected her. But at night, she cannot keep him out of her dreams. What will happen to these two lost souls? Will they ever find their way? And will it be together?



This occurs after Grave. The time between episodes are unclear. Pretend that everything after ‘As You Were ‘only spanned a couple weeks. If you think about it, that makes sense. Seeing Red, Villians, 2 to Go, and Grave all happened in a couple days.



 


This is going to take a turn. I’ve decided to go a different route than I originally set out to take. Hope you like it.



Note- Conner off Angel is still a baby. I think I’m going to say that this takes place after Birthday (Don’t you just love Conner as a baby? Too bad he didn’t stay that way *sigh* Don’t get me started on that)



 


Chapter 21



Buffy reached for the bag of potato chips. Barbeque flavored. Spike, however, held them away from her. She crossed her arms, pouting.



“You’ve eaten half the bag, luv,” he told her.



“So? Pregnant lady here. We eat a lot,” she whined. She tried again, ineffectively to retrieve the bag.



He sighed. “Okay, I am going to tell you the truth. I don’t want you to eat anymore because I want some.”



“Oh.” She relaxed. “All right then.”



Surprised, he lowered the bag. “You’re just going to let me have them?”



She shrugged. “Yeah.” After a moment she went on to say, “And we have mint cookie dough ice-cream in the fridge.” With that, she quickly got to her feet, rushing toward the kitchen.



Spike rose as well. He hurried after her.



“Hey, that sounds good!” Spike called.



The ex-vampire arrived to see his slayer take out the carton and open the lid. He made a dash for it, but she kept it at bay. Giggling, she dipped a finger into the frozen ice-cream. She waved it in front of him. Then she popped it into her mouth, sucking the substance off.



Spike froze. He stared at Buffy, mesmerized as she seductively ate the ice-cream. He growled, snatching for her. The carton slipped from her fingers and landed on the counter. He managed to pull her to him. He nuzzled her neck, nipping at the skin.



“I thought you were hungry for ice-cream,” Buffy said.



“You taste much better,” Spike whispered.


“Dawn’s at school.”



“I know.”



Spike pushed Buffy against the island. He began to knead her breasts through her sweatshirt. She arched toward him.



“Ahh, Spike,” Buffy moaned. “I love you so much.”



“I love you too,” he mumbled.



His hands traveled under her shirt. They slid over her belly, making their way upward.



Just then the doorbell rang.



“Ignore it,” Spike instructed.



They continued to grope at each other, and so did the sound of the doorbell. Their passion grew, so much so that they couldn’t stand to stop. The shrill of the bell became more insistent.



“We s-should answer it,” Buffy panted.



Spike swept his tongue into her mouth. She tasted of sweet ambrosia fallen from the heavens above. He inwardly laughed. Must be the poet inside of me coming out, he thought.



“Can’t stop,” he got out.



Their actions prevented them further with words.



Suddenly somebody burst into the room. A figure hurdled at Spike, tackling him off Buffy. Buffy struggled to get her breathing under control and clear her head. When she did, she threw the attacker away from Spike.



“Who do you think you are? Coming in here and attacking my boy-. . . “ Buffy’s eyes grew wide. “Angel?”



____________________________________________________



REALLY short. I know. But I promise another part tomorrow. Given that the internet works right. Or that there isn’t a power outage. Or that I don’t catch some virus that prevents me from . . .



Another part tomorrow.