Chapter 16 – Right Place, Wrong Time


Opening her eyes the next morning, Buffy squinted against the light that was filtering into the room through the curtains.

Sitting up in bed, she pulled the sheet with her, clutching at it with one hand while the other worked on smoothing her hair.

Not seeing Spike anywhere, every insecurity and worry that she’d ever felt in her life suddenly seemed to haunt her. Moving to get out of the bed, she stopped when she heard his voice.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Turning toward the door, Buffy finally relaxed, seeing Spike leaning against the frame, unconcerned with his nude body as he pushed away from the casing and walked across the room, giving her an opportunity to rake her eyes over his body in appreciation.

Sitting down next to her, he gently brushed her hair away from her cheek, cupping it in his hand as he leaned forward and tenderly kissed her forehead. “Did you sleep well?” he asked, looking into her eyes.

“Yeah,” she murmured. “Someone wore me out.”

“And I’d be happy to do it again,” he said, lifting the sheet to lie down on the bed, spooning his body against hers.

Relaxing when she felt his lips caress her shoulder and along the slope of her neck, her body trembled when she felt him push his erection against her lower back.

Clutching at the sheet, Buffy nearly cried out when he repositioned himself and eased into her body from behind.

Guiding her leg until it was draped over her, Spike began to slowly move inside of her. “Any regrets?” he asked, the smile obvious in his voice.

“What do you think?” she gasped, moving her lower body with his.

Pumping into her slowly, Spike took his time, kissing every inch of skin that he came in contact with.

Growing restless after a few moments, Buffy’s hand began to slide over her stomach, seeking relief from the fire he was building inside of her.

Seeing her intent, Spike quickly intercepted, rubbing harshly against her clit, creating a direct contrast with the slow thrusts that had her clenching around his cock, triggering his own release as they both gasped and cried out, trembling against each other.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Buffy smiled. “That’s a hell of a way to say good morning,” she whispered breathlessly.

“I could do that every morning,” he murmured, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her more forcefully toward him.

Staying quiet for a few more minutes, Buffy glanced over her shoulder. “When do we leave?” she asked with a slight pout, not wanting to ever get out of their bed.

She didn’t want to go back and function in a place that was her world. Or, used to be her world.

“Not for a few hours,” he murmured, kissing her throat. “Plenty of time to lay here and relax,” he said with a smile in his voice.

“And how do you propose we relax?” she asked, trailing her hand along his arm that was still tightly clutching his waist.

“This seems good to me,” he said with a smile.

“Tell me something about you,” she said a moment later, reluctantly pulling away, moaning softly when they separated.

“What do you want to know?” he asked, watching as she turned over to face him.

“What about kids?” she asked softly, slowly raising her eyes to his, not wanting to think about the invisible barriers that were being crossed. “Do you want any?”

“Want about a hundred,” he said with a smile, idly tracing the bare skin of her arm.

“Do you have any?” she asked, looking away when his strong gaze met hers, briefly wondering why she had bothered to bring up this subject. She knew she couldn’t have a future with this man.

“No,” he whispered, brushing a kiss over her temple. “Never met the right woman… at the time.”

Feeling her heart flip in her chest, Buffy bit her lip, hiding the smile that wanted to make itself known. “Breakfast?” she asked, not waiting for an answer as she climbed out of bed.

Placing an arm behind his head, he let a slow smile play on his lips, admiring her as she walked out of the room.

Breathing a heavy sigh a moment later, he slowly got out of the bed, walking through the huge penthouse, grabbing his pants on the way to the kitchen. He smiled at the sight of her clothes that were scattered around the entryway.

Walking into the kitchen a moment later, he stopped when he saw Buffy wearing his black silk shirt, the fabric skimming over her thighs.

“Was wondering where my shirt was,” he said, pushing away from the doorframe when she turned to look at him. “But if I’d known it would look that good on you, I would have given you ten more.”

Closing the refrigerator, Buffy turned to face him. “This old thing?” she replied, suppressing the smile as he raised an eyebrow. “There’s nothing here,” she continued, gesturing toward the refrigerator.

“Room service?” he asked, still looking her up and down.

“We could go to one of the cafés downstairs,” she said, hoping to see a little more of the hotel during the day. “But since I was kidnapped for this little excursion, I might need to hit some of the shops.”

“Not a problem,” he said, taking her hand and leading her toward the bathroom. “Quick shower and then we’ll explore a bit.”

Smiling as she watched him turn the water of the shower on, she raised an eyebrow when he turned to face her, loosening the few buttons that were holding the shirt together.

“I thought I would have my own shower,” she said, giggling when he undressed and pushed her lightly underneath the spray.

“And miss the chance to see you all wet?” he murmured, pressing her against the wall and kissing along her collarbone. “I don’t think so.”

“We’re never going to make it out of here,” Buffy whispered, wrapping her legs around his waist, showing him that she would be happy to stay where she was.

“Fifteen minutes,” he murmured, slowly pushing into her, delighting in the way her body arched against his, seeking him out.

* * * * *

Stepping out of the elevator over an hour later, Buffy nearly blushed at the look Spike gave her.

Tightening his hold on her hand, he led her through the huge lobby toward the shops. Extracting his wallet from his back pocket, he slipped a credit card from it and offered it to her.

Seeing the platinum card, Buffy nearly took a step away from him, shaking her head.

“I can get my own clothes,” she said, frowning when she saw his gaze redirected to the shops. Looking around, her eyes widened at what she saw- Chanel, Prada, Gucci, Hermés, and dozens of other stores.

“Take it,” he whispered, dangling the card in front of her. “I don’t do this for just anyone,” he said, raising an eyebrow when she looked at him.

Feeling intimidated for one of the few times in her life, Buffy hesitantly reached out, accepting the card that contained more money than she would make in a year.

“Have fun,” he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Where will you be?” she asked, not liking the idea of leaving him.

“Around,” he said with a secretive smile, giving her a soft kiss before turning and walking away.

Knowing that she should follow him, Buffy took a deep breath. Relaxing a little when she saw him disappear into the Armani store, she forced her conscience to take a back seat as she walked into one of the nearby stores.

* * * * *

Keeping an eye out for Buffy, he watched as the manager of Tiffany and Co. wrapped the diamond necklace and matching earrings and put them in the signature blue boxes.

Handing the bag to the valued customer, the manager gave him a smile. “Have a wonderful stay at the Bellagio, Mr. Reed.”

“Thank you,” Spike replied, maintaining his usual cool demeanor as he turned around.

“Hi.”

His eyes widened when he saw Buffy behind him, dressed in a pair of gray pants and a silky white shirt with a cowl neck. The outfit looked like it was made for her, accentuating her figure.

“What’d you buy?” she asked, glancing at the bag in his hand.

“Birthday present,” he replied without pause. “For my mum.”

“Tell her happy birthday,” Buffy said with a smile, relaxing when he took her hand in his, leading her out of the shop. “Before I forget,” she said, holding out the credit card, waiting until Spike took it, looking at it in confusion. “As if I would forget,” she added with a laugh.

“It’s not worth using it if you don’t have an armful of bags to show for it.”

“I have a bag,” she said, gesturing downward.

“Not your old clothes,” he said, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Do you know how much this cost?” she asked in disbelief.

“What I make in less than an hour,” he said, looking around the lobby as they walked before leading her toward a nearby café.

“And how do you make that money, Mr. Reed?” she asked, turning to look at him as they entered the restaurant.

“My company, Goldilocks,” he said with a relaxed smile. “Stocks are a beautiful thing in this day and age.”

Opening her mouth to respond, Buffy stopped when she was jostled. Turning toward the person who had bumped into her, her eyes widened in shock.

“I’m sorry… Buffy?”

The one person who could make her miserable and blow her cover at the same time.

“Hi, Dad,” she said, not recognizing her own voice. “I didn’t know you were in Vegas,” she continued, trying to regain some semblance of control as she looked over at the woman on his arm.

“Buffy, meet Candi,” he said, gesturing to the blonde, who was younger than she was.

“With an ‘I’,” the girl filled in, smiling brightly.

“Buffy is my daughter,” Hank said, causing her to nearly roll her eyes when Candi got a look of recognition.

“Oooh.”

“Yeah, maybe you should have figured that out when I called him ‘Dad’,” Buffy filled in, wanting nothing more than to get away from the couple in front of her and distance herself from the entire situation.

“You never know,” the bimbo said. “He likes the Daddy fantasy.”

“This can’t get more disturbing,” Buffy muttered, feeling sick to her stomach as she looked at Hank. “Mail-order bride?” she asked dryly.

“Hey!” Candi cried indignantly.

“Butt out, Barbie.”

“You’re one to talk about names,” she replied in a ditzy voice.

“I wasn’t saying you’re an airhead because of your name,” Buffy said. “So think about that for a while.”

“Buffy-”

“Oh, don’t Buffy me, Dad,” she said in irritation. “I don’t hear from you in years, and then… You know what? Never mind. I’ve been better off without you.”

“And you’ve obviously lost your manners,” Hank said, not bothered at all by his daughter’s outburst as he turned toward Spike. “I’m Hank Summers.”

“William Reed,” he replied, shaking the man’s hand and nearly crushing it with his own grip.

“Aah, yes,” Hank said, wincing slightly as he pulled his hand away. “I’ve read about you in nearly every business section there is. Nice to see you moving up in the world, Buffy,” he said, turning toward his daughter.

Spike frowned until he heard Buffy’s voice.

“Wish I could say the same for you,” she replied, turning toward Spike. “I’m not really hungry anymore. Can we leave a little early?”

“Sure thing, love,” Spike said, wrapping an arm around her waist.

“Nice seeing you, Dad,” she said, turning away from a man who had ceased being a father years earlier, finally feeling like she had a little bit of closure on that chapter of her life.

“You alright?” Spike asked, pulling her a little closer in a comforting gesture.

“Yeah,” she said, clearing her throat. “It was a fun trip… in spite of certain current events.”

“I’m glad you had a good time,” he said, kissing her temple. “Was it worth it to have me kidnap you?” he asked after a moment.

“Absolutely,” Buffy said, giving him a genuine smile. “Take me hostage anytime.”

Spike smirked at her. “Could there be bondage involved?”






Thanks so much to: BuffyandSpikeForever, Caitie, Cordykitten, & everyone who reviewed the first time the last chapter was posted!