Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm trying to play catch-up with all of my fics, please bear with me :-) Only a couple of more of this one and we'll be where we were before the server crashed.
Chapter 17 – Shadowed Whispers


“Giles, I promise, I am not flaking out on this assignment,” Buffy said, getting out of her car a week later.

“What? No, I’m not… I’m not falling for him,” she said unconvincingly as she searched for her keys and quickly opened the door.

“Don’t worry about me, I know what I’m doing… I’ll get it,” she said in exasperation, walking through the door. Her entire body went rigid when she saw Spike standing in the middle of her living room. “I’ve gotta go,” she said, snapping her phone shut, never taking her eyes off of Spike.

“You left the door unlocked.”

“Silly me,” she whispered, disconcerted with the fact that he was in her home and there was no way she would have left the door unlocked.

“Is there a problem?” he asked, glancing at the phone that was still in her hand. The phone that clearly wasn’t her usual cell phone.

“What? Oh… no… just business,” she said, shrugging out of her coat and putting everything away in the nearby closet.

“Anything I can do?” he asked.

“No, I don’t think so,” she said, shaking her head as she turned to face him with a fake smile. “Just some clients of mine. They, uh… they want a painting that’s a little hard to get.”

“Which one?”

“What are you doing here?” she asked, hoping to change the subject.

“Wanted to surprise you.”

“And if the door hadn’t been unlocked…”

“Might have found a way,” Spike said with a smirk.

“You’re really infuriating, you know that?” she teased, trying not to show how shaken up she was that he could have found something that she might have carelessly left out. Reassuring herself that everything was safely locked away in her hidden safe, she tried to relax and not think about the fact that Spike Reed was a thief and could easily get around any obstacles in his path.

“Come here,” he said, holding out his hand to her.

“Where are we going?” she asked, letting him take her hand in his to lead her up the stairs.

“It’s a surprise.”

“You know how I feel about sur…”

Trailing off when she looked around her room, she turned to Spike with wide eyes.

“I thought you might like this one,” he said as Buffy walked into the room, taking in the candles that lit every surface and the rose petals on the floor, leading to the bed.

“Why did you do this?” she whispered, turning to look at him.

“Felt right,” he replied, leading her toward the bed.

Seeing blood red rose petals scattered along the bedspread, her eyes widened when she saw the blue Tiffany boxes that were nestled in the petals.

“What…?”

“For you,” he said, taking her hand in his once again and leading her toward the bed.

Picking up one of the boxes with shaking hands, Buffy opened it, revealing the beautiful diamond necklace inside. She gasped, her hand coming up to her mouth as she stared at it. “Spike, I… I can’t accept this,” she said, turning toward him, her eyes widening when she saw him open the other box, revealing the matching earrings.

“You can,” he said, taking the box from her and setting them on the nightstand. “It’s easy.”

“It’s too much…”

“Not for me,” he whispered, brushing his lips against hers.

Getting lost in the kiss, Buffy soon forgot her argument as her hands slowly worked each button of his shirt until she listened to the fabric fall to the floor. Raising her arms when he lifted her shirt, she shivered when he removed it, trailing kisses along her chest.

Slowly removing each other’s clothes, they made their way over to the bed to lie down. Languidly kissing and stroking each other, Buffy felt a chill race over her body when Spike sat up.

“Where’re you going?” she asked with a pout that soon faded away when he turned toward her, holding several silk scarves in his hand. “W-what’re those for?” she asked, knowing exactly what they was for.

“I think you know,” he murmured, moving back to give her a soft kiss before pulling away with a hopeful expression. “May I?”

The uneasy feeling seemed to increase when she nodded, holding her breath while Spike secured the scarves around her wrists and the headboard, tying them snugly.

‘Can I trust him?’ she asked herself, nearly panicking when one scarf was wrapped around her eyes, extinguishing her sight. ‘I guess that’s your answer,’ she told herself, trying to control the fear that was welling up inside of her.

“You alright?” he asked, his breath tickling her throat.

“Yeah,” she whispered, closing her eyes beneath the blindfold, letting her senses heighten slightly as his hands lightly ran over her damp skin.

A slight gasp tore from her throat when she felt the soft edge of a rose petal caress her skin. She relaxed when she felt it along her throat, slowly trailing along her body as if it was floating. The velvety touch of the petal was replaced by the roughened feel of Spike’s fingertips on her calf tracing the length of her leg, pausing at her thigh.

Breathing heavily, Buffy nearly jumped off the bed when she felt his tongue on her clit. Arching toward him, she whimpered when he pulled away just as quickly.

“Tell me what you want,” he said, his husky voice carrying through the room.

“You,” she said breathlessly. “All of you.”

Trembling when she felt him settle between her thighs, she tugged restlessly at the scarves that were binding her wrists.

“Spike, please,” she whispered, shivering when he slowly thrust into her.

Smiling when a tiny noise escaped her throat, it soon escalated into a strangled cry when he pulled out of her.

“Spike.”

Hearing the desperation in her voice, Spike plunged into her, crushing his lips to hers in a vicious kiss.

Eagerly moving her hips with his, Buffy jerked at the scarves, growing frustrated with them.

Never stopping his movements, Spike unknotted the fabric at her wrists, smiling when she immediately clutched at him, her arms and legs wrapping around him, afraid to let go.

Moving in and out of her hot depths, he brushed his lips against hers. Speeding up his thrusts, he continued to pump into her, feeling her body tighten in response, seeking her release.

“Come for me, baby,” he said in a rough voice, speeding up his thrusts.

Feeling her body spiral out of control, Buffy screamed out her release, hearing Spike groan as he spilled himself inside of her. Gasping for breath when he collapsed on top of her, Buffy lazily reached up, pushing the blindfold off of her eyes and tossing it on the floor, blinking for a moment to let her eyes readjust to the candlelit room.

Raising up to look at her, Spike studied her face for a long moment, until Buffy was fidgeting beneath him, growing uncomfortable with the intensity of the moment.

“Spike?”

“I love you,” he whispered, her shocked expression matching his own as he tried to get control over his emotions. “I love you, Buffy.”

Staring at him for a long moment, Buffy opened her mouth to respond, shaking her head a little to clear it. “I… I love you, too,” she murmured, blinking back the tears in her eyes.

Threading a hand through her hair, Spike eagerly kissed her, smiling against her lips as he pressed his hips more firmly against hers, feeling himself growing hard inside of her.

Moaning into his mouth, Buffy rolled her hips with his, gasping when he pulled away to press his forehead against hers.

His movements never stopping, Spike looked into her eyes. “I love you so much.”




Thanks so much to BuffyandSpikeForever & DK & everyone who originally reviewed the previous chapter, before all was lost.