Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed chapter 1 yesterday! I'll be posting chapter 3 later on today/tonight, and there will definitely be some Spuffyness in it... not smut, but some sweet Spuffyness:) I hope you continue to like the story!
The following morning, Buffy and her parents took a bus to Williamsburg and began to walk around the historic town, going through buildings and talking to the re-enactors that were wandering around.

At one point, the ninety-degree weather began to tire Buffy out, so she sat down on a bench in the Town Square, under a tree, watching families walking around and other people sitting down in the shade, avoiding the heat at all costs. She opened her water bottle and began to drink from it as she spotted a good-looking male re-enactor being dragged by two men dressed as soldiers to a spot behind the Court House where there was a noose set up. She watched with interest as the attractive blonde was taken to the noose, only to have it wrapped around his neck.

‘Is he going to be hanged?’ she thought, standing up. ‘He’s too gorgeous to die.’ She quickly walked over to the crowd forming to watch as the man was being read his last rites and as they announced his crimes.

She heard a woman near her explain how he was a spy for the Redcoats who was giving critical information to one of his superiors in England.

‘Why am I not surprised? Spies are always hot and charming,’ she thought, studying him. She raised an eyebrow when his blue eyes locked with hers, his gaze not wavering from hers even as they tightened the rope around his neck. ‘Are they actually going to drop the plank from beneath him? Because that’s a little barbaric to see.’

“We thought we’d see you here,” her mother said, suddenly appearing beside her, along with Hank. “Isn’t this a little unseemly to watch?” Buffy shrugged. “We were thinking of going to lunch. Want to join us?” Buffy looked wistfully at the attractive stranger before nodding and following her parents out of the crowd and towards a historic pub a few buildings down.

* * * * *

A couple of hours later, Buffy was sitting outside the Governor’s Palace while her parents took a tour inside it. She grabbed her water bottle and drank from it, nearly choking on the water as the blonde man from before sat beside her, no longer in his costume.

“Well, hello, luv,” he said, grinning at her.

‘Is he actually British? Because that’s just… hot,’ she thought, staring at him.

“Hi,” she said quietly. He tilted his head, amused at how shy she seemed.

“You didn’t watch me die before,” he said, and she raised an eyebrow. “It’s one of the coolest parts of my job.”

“Being hung from a tree?” she asked. “That’s considered cool to you?”

“It’s better than walking around and being asked ridiculous questions by tourists,” he replied, shrugging. “At least I get to fool people into thinking that I die.”

“You must be a good actor,” she said, looking away, focusing on a little girl running around, in costume. “So, do you like your job?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty neat,” he said. “I get to meet a lot of people and put some of my knowledge to use.” She looked at him. “Where are you from?”

“Sunnydale in California,” she answered. “What about you?”

“London,” he answered. “Grew up in Liverpool, but I go to school in London.”

“College?” she asked, and he nodded. “I’m going to be a freshman at UC-Sunnydale in the fall.”

“So, did you come all the way from California by yourself?” he asked curiously, and she shook her head.

“Family vacation,” she mumbled, and he nodded, sympathetic.

“My parents tried to get me to take one of those this summer, so I opted to come work here instead,” he explained, and she smiled at him. “How long are you here for?”

“Until the fifth,” she answered. “Why?” He stood up, looking at his watch.

“Do you maybe want to meet me here tonight?” he asked. “If you can get away from your parents for a bit?”

“Sure,” she said, surprised. “But why? I don’t even know you.” He smirked.

“Because I want to show you around, especially when there aren’t loads of tourists ambling about and the sun is down,” he said. “It’s too hot to enjoy yourself right now.”

“Alright,” she said, smiling even though she was slightly skeptical. “I’ll see if I can come here alone. Where do you want to meet?”

“See that church down the road?” he asked, and she nodded. “That’s Bruton Parish Church, one of the oldest in the country. How about there?” She nodded. “Nine o’clock?”

“Sounds good,” she said, smiling at him. “I’m Buffy, by the way.” She extended her right hand to him, which he promptly took and brought up to his mouth, placing a soft kiss on the back of it. She blushed slightly, hoping he’d assume she was flushed from the heat, not at the look he was giving her and how soft his lips felt against her skin.

“I’m William,” he said. “But everyone calls me Spike.” She raised an eyebrow, smirking. “I’m sure you’ll find out why.” With that, he winked at her and walked away. She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled it, trying to inwardly calm herself down.

“You alright?” her father asked, both Joyce and Hank walking over to her a moment later. She stood up, nodding. “We’re going to head back to the hotel now, if that’s okay.”

“Yeah,” she replied. “That would be great.” She saw Spike weaving through the crowds and smiled before following her parents towards the bus.

* * * * *

“Are you sure you don’t want to come on the ghost tour with us?” Joyce asked after dinner, looking at Buffy as they stopped to stand in front of their hotel room doors.

“No thanks,” she replied, shrugging. “But I’ll go to the downtown area with you. Maybe I can shop or something.”

“Or you could even go look around the College of William and Mary,” Hank suggested. “Maybe you’ll want to transfer there instead.” Buffy smiled slightly. “We’ll leave in a few minutes, okay?” She nodded and let herself into her room, quickly scouring through her luggage to find an outfit cute enough to wear for the night.

‘I wonder if this is considered a date,’ she thought. ‘I guess I wouldn’t mind if it was.’ She sighed and looked in a mirror, running a hand through her hair. ‘I’m going out with a Redcoat spy tonight.’