Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the second chapter today for your viewing pleasure:) Chapter 4 will be posted tomorrow, and I hope you all continue to like this fic! Thank you to everyone who has reviewed!:)
Buffy watched as her parents walked away with a tour group before she headed in the direction of the church. She wrapped her arms around herself, thinking about how weird it was to be meeting up with some guy she didn’t know while she was on vacation.

‘I’m sure Mom and Dad would love to know that I’m meeting a Redcoat re-enactor instead of shopping,’ she thought. ‘But if I have to be on this vacation, I’m going to make the best of it the only way I know how- spending time with a British hottie.’

She stopped to stand in front of the church’s door, staring at it.

“Wondering if you should leave, pet?” a voice asked behind her. She whirled around, coming face-to-face with Spike. She smiled slightly at him.

“I didn’t know if you’d be inside or not,” she replied.

‘And I was trying to mentally prepare myself for this,’ she thought. ‘So as to not make an ass of myself tonight.’ She paused. ‘Hopefully.’

“They lock the doors around seven on weeknights,” he said, tugging on the door, letting Buffy see that it wouldn’t open. “Want to go somewhere and talk?” She nodded, and they began to walk away. She noticed that there were aboveground cement tombs around the church, brick walkways between them. “Want to take a look at them? Everyone seems to be interested in these.”

“Yeah, I’d like that,” she replied. They began to walk around the small cemetery, Buffy looking at the names and dates on the tombstones. “It’s so eerie to know that these have been here for hundreds of years.”

“It’s even scarier after midnight,” he said, putting his hands in his pockets. “People think that it’s haunted by one of the old governors from Williamsburg.” She spotted a bench a few feet away and sat down on it, looking at all of the tombstones. “Like it here?”

“Yeah,” she said, smiling softly as he sat beside her. “It’s a really nice little town.”

“Once you get past all of the historical stuff, it’s even more interesting,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong- I love history- but the modern stuff here is pretty cool, too.”

“Yeah, I’m more of a modern girl, myself,” she said, giggling quietly. “History is a little too…”

“Boring?” he offered, smiling as she nodded. “Yeah, I understand. Not everyone is interested in stuff like wars and colonies and what-not.”

“Is history your major?” she asked, and he nodded. “This must be really fun for you, then.”

“Yeah, it has its perks,” he replied, looking at her. “Meeting a really beautiful tourist is a nice bonus.” She smirked and looked away, surprised when he tilted her chin to his before he pressed his lips to hers, kissing her softly. She smiled against his lips before kissing him back, making a quiet sound as he parted her lips with his tongue, both of their tongues meeting. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. She kissed him back with equal fervor before pulling back a little to breathe, looking into his eyes.

“Wow,” she said quietly. He grazed her cheek softly before kissing the tip of her nose. “Yeah, that was quite a nice perk.” He chuckled before wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders, letting her rest her head on his shoulder, both of them looking up at the night sky. “It’s too bad this kind of thing doesn’t happen to me regularly.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, running his hand over her hair.

“I don’t really hang out that much with guys,” she answered, shrugging. “I’ve been single for a while.”

“I don’t see why,” he said, smiling. “You’re sweet, adorable, and-”

“You’re making me sound like a little kid,” she pouted, and he kissed the top of her head.

“You’re not a little kid, luv,” he replied. “You’re quite a lovely woman.” She giggled quietly, and they sat in silence for a moment. “Would you maybe want to meet up tomorrow night?”

“I think my parents are going to the witch trial at the Capitol around ten, so I should be able to break away from them,” she said.

“I could introduce you to the actors involved in the trial after it,” he offered. “If you want to watch it, too.”

“Would you accompany me to it?” she asked, smiling.

“Yeah, I think I could do that,” he replied. “Just in case you need to curl up against someone when it gets too creepy.” She laughed and looked at him as he stood up. “Want to take a walk around?”

“Sure,” she said, taking his hand and walking away from the church, both of them thinking about how amazing the kiss they shared was.

* * * * *

About forty-five minutes later, they found themselves sitting in front of the Governor’s Palace, still talking about things.

“My parents’ tour ends in about five minutes,” Buffy said sadly, looking at his watch. “I should probably go meet them.” They began to walk in the direction of where Hank had parked the rental car. “Thank you for such a wonderful night, Spike.”

“It was my pleasure,” he said, leaning over to kiss her temple. She squeezed his hand in hers and smiled as they stopped in front of a sign Joyce had designated for them to meet in front of. “I’ll see you tomorrow night, then?”

“Definitely,” she said, seeing her parents’ group exiting a building down the road. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Goodnight, Buffy,” he said quietly, leaning forward to kiss her once again. She smiled up at him before he turned and walked away. She sat down on a nearby bench, waiting for her parents to arrive.

“No shopping bags?” Joyce asked as she got closer to her daughter. “Didn’t find anything worthy of buying?”

“Maybe tomorrow,” Buffy lied, shrugging. “I didn’t get to go to all of the stores I wanted to.” All three Summers began to walk to their car. “So, how was your tour?”

“Very interesting,” Joyce answered. “I had goose-bumps down my arms throughout most of it.”

“How was your night?” Hank asked, looking at his daughter.

“Awesome,” she answered honestly, grinning as she got into the car.

The whole way back to the hotel, she couldn’t stop thinking about Spike and how excited she was for the following night.

“Are you still going to the witch trial with us tomorrow?” Joyce asked as they exited the car.

“Yeah,” Buffy answered, realizing that her parents might see her with Spike.

‘Well, maybe I can come up with a way to keep him out of sight,’ she thought. ‘Because I highly doubt that they’d approve of me hanging out with a guy here.’ She smiled to herself. ‘But what they don’t know won’t hurt them.’