Author's Chapter Notes:
First, I want to wish everyone a Happy Independence Day!:) Second, thank you to everyone who has read/reviewed lately- I'm glad people still like it. And third, here comes this fic's sex scene...
“Are you sure you don’t want us to stay?” Joyce asked the following night, watching as her daughter curled up in her bed. “If you don’t feel well, we can stay.”

“I’m fine,” Buffy replied. “I just feel a little nauseous- it’s nothing. You and Dad can go ahead and see the fireworks.”

“Will you call his cell phone if you need us, then?” Joyce asked, and Buffy nodded. “Alright, take care of yourself.” She kissed her daughter’s forehead before walking out.

Buffy waited for about twenty minutes before beginning to get ready to go meet Spike. After putting on a denim mini-skirt, a lacy black tank top, and black flip-flops, she quickly curled her hair and put on make-up before taking a bus to Colonial Williamsburg.

After getting off the bus, she went to the church and saw Spike sitting on a bench in the cemetery, holding a picnic basket. She grinned and snuck up on him.

“Hey,” she said, noticing the fact he jumped a little before turning around to look at her.

“Hey,” he replied, smirking. “You look nice.”

“Thanks,” she said, slightly blushing. “What’s in the basket?”

“A blanket so we can lay out on the grass, water bottles because it’s hot, and some snacks,” he replied, standing up. “I figure we can find a plot of grass, spread out, and snog until the fireworks begin.” She laughed and linked her arm with his as they began to walk towards a large area of grass, most of it filled with families and couples waiting for the fireworks show, too.

Spike laid out the blanket and sat down before helping Buffy sit down beside him. He brought out the water bottles, candy, chips, and pretzels, getting her to giggle.

“This is so awesome,” she said, kissing his cheek. “Thank you, Spike. For everything.” He grinned and kissed her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders before they both laid back, looking up at the sky. “This has been the best vacation I’ve ever been on.” He smiled when she nuzzled her face into his neck.

“But you go home tomorrow, don’t you?” he asked quietly, and she nodded, looking at him sadly.

“I’m sorry,” she replied. “I wish things were different, but-”

“Don’t,” he said, grazing her cheek. “I understand, pet. Let’s not talk about such depressing matters right now, okay?” She nodded and sighed.

As the fireworks started, Buffy looked at him for a moment, her eyes slightly watery, and leaned over to kiss him. He instantly kissed her back, pulling her closer to him.

Both didn’t want the night to end because they both understood that it would be the last time they were together.

* * * * *

After the fireworks ended, they packed up everything and headed towards Spike’s car since he offered to drive her back to her hotel. As he parked in the lot, he looked at the steering wheel, not ready to say goodbye.

“Would you maybe want to… come up?” she asked quietly, looking at him. He looked at her and saw the hopeful look on her face.

“Sure,” he answered, and they both got out of the car, walking inside the hotel and taking the elevator up to Buffy’s room. She let them inside and put her purse down before kicking off her flip-flops and sitting down on the bed. He walked over to her and sat beside her, both of them silent. She took a deep breath and looked at him.

“Spike, I really like you,” she said. “I know that I don’t know a whole lot about you, and I realize I’ve only known you for a couple of days…” She paused. “And I know I’m leaving tomorrow, but I-”

“I know,” he said, looking at her. “I know what you mean.” She leaned over and wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him, slowly lying back on the bed, resting on a stack of pillows. He held himself up above her and looked into her eyes, seeing a mix of lust and nervousness in them. “We don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to, luv.”

“I want to,” she said, running her hands up under his t-shirt, delighting in the feel of his muscles beneath her fingertips, contracting as the sensation of her touch began to affect him. She pulled off his shirt and leaned up, kissing his collarbone, neck, and shoulders. “I want this.”

“So do I,” he said, gently taking her tank top off and running his hands over her almost-bare torso while she ran her hands over his abs, down to the button of his jeans.

He watched as she popped open the button and slowly slid the zipper down. Her eyes widened as she pushed his jeans down his hips, watching as she freed his erection from its confines. He groaned loudly as she gently ran her fingers up and down his shaft, enjoying the sounds he was making. “If you keep that up, it’ll be over before it ever starts.”

She smiled and sat up, kissing him and letting him take off her bra, tossing it aside. He cupped her breasts gently, almost weighing them in his hands. He laid her back on the bed and kissed a path from her neck down to her nipples, kissing and sucking on both of them. She arched her hips up when he tugged her skirt down, taking it off of her. He ran his hands up her legs, letting them settle on her thighs, as he moved back up her body.

“Are you sure you want to do this, Buffy?”

She nodded, looking up at him. He ran his hands up to her hips and slowly slid her lace thong off, slipping it into the back pocket of his jeans. “I want a souvenir.”

“I don’t,” she said, smirking. “Do you have a condom?” He nodded and fished in his pockets for one. “Did you know this would happen?”

“No,” he answered. “Just hoped it would, is all. And it’s always good to be prepared, yeah?”

“Yeah,” she said, helping him take off his jeans completely. He crawled up her body again and settled between her thighs after putting on the condom. She looked into his eyes as he slowly thrust inside her, not wanting to take things too fast. She tilted her head back in pleasure, moaning quietly. “Oh god, Spike…”

“Am I hurting you?” he asked as he lowered his head down to her ear, partly to help himself stave off from coming too early.

“No,” she answered, running her hands up his back, feeling his muscles move beneath her hands. “It feels amazing.” He smiled and leaned down to kiss her, beginning to move inside of her. She arched her back up, their hips meeting as he thrust inside of her. “I don’t… think I… can last… much longer…”

“Me either,” he groaned as he felt her muscles begin to clench around him. “Come for me, baby.” She moaned as he began pumping harder and felt herself begin to shake, her orgasm washing over her. Spike groaned again as he came, not being able to last as he felt her muscles flutter around him. He practically collapsed on top of her before laying beside her and nuzzling his face into her neck.

Both were breathing heavily, trying to regain their composure. She ran her hand over his back and side, not knowing what to say to him.

‘I might not ever see him again after tonight,’ she thought, trying to fight off the tears that were threatening to form. Spike looked into her eyes and saw them begin to water, instantly becoming concerned.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked, worried. She shook her head and leaned over to kiss him, trying to convey how she felt about him wordlessly. He kissed her back and ran his hand over her hair. “Don’t think about tomorrow, luv. Just think about tonight.”

She nodded and curled up against him, trying to forget the fact she’d be gone the next afternoon.