Author's Chapter Notes:
See the end of the chapter/story...
Six Weeks Later…


Buffy finished replying to an e-mail that Spike had sent her and smiled at the screen, happy that they had kept in contact. They talked on the phone at least twice a week and e-mailed one another daily, which was more than she had expected, but the fact he cared that much meant a lot to her.

‘He could’ve just written me off,’ she thought. ‘But then again, I could’ve done the same thing.’

Minutes later, she stood up from her seat and walked down to the front door after hearing the doorbell ring.

‘Why can’t Mom get it?’ she thought as she reached the bottom landing. ‘I look like I just rolled out of bed. It had better not be anyone important.’

She opened the door and froze as she realized Spike was standing on her doorstep, grinning at her. She grabbed the doorframe, trying to brace herself from fainting.

‘This isn’t real,’ she thought, her eyes wide. ‘That’s not really him. It’s a mirage. He can’t be here. There’s no possible way.’ He saw the emotions change in her eyes and tilted his head, watching her react to seeing him.

“You… you’re here,” she managed to get out, utterly shocked.

‘Great, even my voice is shaking,’ she thought. ‘I sound like a spaz.’ He smiled softly at her.

“Yeah,” he said, coming forward to wrap his arms around her, embracing her closely. “I thought I’d come to see you. You know, like a vacation of sorts.” She smiled and kissed him before shaking her head, looking up at him.

“You should’ve told me!” she said, smirking. “I would’ve cleaned the house or made things nice for you here.”

“Nothing matters here but you,” he replied, grazing her cheek. “I missed you so much, Buffy.” She nuzzled her face into his chest, feeling tears roll down her cheeks. He tilted her chin up and wiped them away with his thumbs. “It feels like it’s been forever since the last time I had you in my arms, luv.”

“I just can’t believe you came here,” she said, running her hands over his shoulders. “It’s like a dream.”

“Dreams are much better than nightmares, right?” he joked, smirking. She nodded vigorously before pulling him into the house. He looked around for a moment before settling his gaze on her once again. “I have a surprise for you, Goldilocks.” They both sat on the couch, facing each other.

“Is it a gift?” she asked excitedly, clapping her hands together. “Because I like gifts.”

“Well, I guess it could be, depending on how you look at it,” he said. She raised an eyebrow as he took a deep breath. “I’m transferring to UC-Sunnydale this fall.” Her jaw slowly dropped as she stared at him, watching as he grinned. “Is that a good reaction?” She squealed as she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.

“Are you serious?” she asked, shocked. “You’re going to be here?” He nodded. “Why? I mean, I thought you’d want to return to the mother-country.” She paused. “Spike, London’s your home. Why would you want to be in Sunnydale?”

“To be with you,” he said quietly, and she smiled, tearing up. “Is that okay?”

“I can’t believe you’d move here,” she said, wiping off her eyes. “I mean, that’s huge, Spike.”

“I know,” he replied. “But I was kind of hoping that you’d be willing to make a go of this, the you-and-me thing.” He paused. “Unless you don’t want to… I guess I kind of just assumed you did.” He looked away, running his hand over his hair. “I’m sorry- maybe this was too much too soon.”

“No, it wasn’t,” she said quickly, looking at him. “I want this, too. I want to be with you, William.” He smiled at the use of his real name before kissing her. She climbed onto his lap, resting her hands on his shoulders as she looked into his eyes. “You really want to move to Sunnydale to be with me?” He nodded. “Are you sure?”

“Absolutely positive,” he replied. “I want to spend every day with you, see you, be with you. I don’t want us to be over.”

“I just can’t imagine why you’d give up everything to be with me,” she said. “I’m not worth all of this, Spike.” He frowned and cupped her cheeks in his hands.

“You’re worth more than everything I have,” he said. “Don’t ever say otherwise.” She smiled sheepishly and leaned forward, resting her forehead against his. “So you’ll be with me?”

“Of course I will,” she answered. “I can’t ever thank you enough for doing something like this. It’s… the best thing anyone has ever done for me.” He grinned widely and kissed her, laying her back on the couch.

They were kissing for a while before they heard clapping off to the side. They broke apart quickly to see Joyce standing in the doorway, watching them with a smile on her face.

“So, you’re the infamous Redcoat that stole my daughter’s heart?” Joyce asked, and Spike smiled, standing up and shaking her hand. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“You, too,” he said. Buffy got up and walked over to them, leaning into his side as he wrapped his arm around her waist. “Buffy told you about me?”

“My parents saw you and I together,” Buffy replied, and he looked at her, surprised. “Yep, it seems as though I wasn’t stealthy enough.” He chuckled and kissed her temple.

“So, what brings you here?” Joyce asked. “Just on a vacation?”

“No,” he answered, looking at Buffy. “I’ll be here forever.”


THE END




A/N Once again, I must thank Katie for giving me this idea and causing me to get out of my writing slump. After ranting for countless hours about my distaste for family vacations, it seems as though some good has come out of it:) I wish I had met a guy like Spike when I was in Williamsburg, but alas, I had no such luck. Plus, I highly recommend Williamsburg to any history buff (yes, couldn’t help writing that) out there- it’s a nice place to visit, especially around the 4th of July. I hope you enjoyed this mini-fic, and I’ll start posting my newest story Coeducation Is Overrated on Friday! Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed- I genuinely appreciate it! I can't even begin to express how shocked I was by the number of reviews for chapter 6- you all blew me away! Have a good day/night!:)