Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all of the reviews on the last chapter! Please review
Buffy and Spike had been sitting across from each other in the kitchen for over half an hour talking and eating the pizza that had been left out over night due to imperative events. Despite Buffy’s original intention that was simply to get a good fuck, Spike seemed to be a really nice guy who she liked.

“So, Spike. That’s not your real name I presume. What is it?”

“William. I must say though, Mother wasn’t all too happy to learn that I had adopted the name Spike as my nickname. In fact, sometimes I wonder if it’s coincidence that she died only a week later. She was a very conservative woman.” Buffy could see that his mother’s death was still a hard subject for Spike to talk about so she let it go and briefly filled him in on how it was just Buffy and her mother.

“So, do you live with your father Spike?” It had seemed like a reasonable question to Buffy, until she heard his answer.

“I’m twenty-one years old Buffy! Living with the old man has never been a lifelong dream of mine. Besides, he lives in England. My mum died only a couple years back so I was old enough to come here on my own. I work at Domino’s for some quick cash. I actually come from one of the wealthiest families in England, but my dad pretty much disowns me for moving away.”

“Wow. Harsh. Whoa, wait a second. Did you say you were TWENTY-ONE?!”

“Buffy, be honest. How old are you?”

“Well, if I said twenty-one, I would be lying. So, in truth, I’m seventeen.”

“Oh shit. Well, that explains why you still live with your mother then.”

“There is nothing wrong with my mother. And well, yeah, I see your point. But hey, who knew people were delivery boys when they’re past nineteen?” (Small laugh, from Buffy)

“Hey, well it’s not easy being on my own. No family. No girlfriend. Hell, not all too many friends at all, and I’ve been here over a year and a half.” While he was speaking, Buffy could see a certain sadness creep into his beautiful blue eyes. His eyes basically told the story of his life. Beautiful; yet lonely. Buffy hoped to change that.

“That sounds lonely. Hey, have you heard of the Bronze? My friends and I go there almost every night. It’s a nightclub on the bad side of town. Which, in case you don’t know, is about half a mile from the good part of town.” Buffy smiled at this. She really wanted to get to know Spike better. He may be lonely, but she had plans to fix this.

“Sounds great. Only problem, I’m four years older than you. I think your friends might notice that. Also, Buffy, your seventeen, I doubt that your mother would approve of our relationship. Am I wrong?”

“Well, my friends are very kind. They would be happy for me to have met someone, though how I met you, kind of different. Who knows, they might get a kick out of it. As for my mother, well, she isn’t home a lot. Like for the next week. She’s in England for her art gallery right now.”

“Well, don’t get me wrong Buffy, it was nice that she wasn’t around last night, but she has a right to know who her daughter is hanging out with. Especially since it’s technically illegal for me to be dating you because you’re under eighteen.”

“She knows who I hang out with. And I don’t think she’ll mind us being together if you make me happy. Plus, no one is saying she has to know. And anyways, we’re not dating... yet. But anytime you want to offer...”

“Well Buffy, would you like to go to the Bronze with me tonight around eight? It could be our first date.”

“Sounds perfect.”

“So, a date it is then. I’ll pick you up around eight.”

“I can’t wait.” Buffy leaned in and kissed Spike.

“Well, I’m going to go home and clean up. See you later?”

“Sure. Oh, and by the way, thanks for bringing the pizza.”

“Thanks for the nice tip. And hopefully the beginning of an amazing relationship.” Spike smiled brightly. Any fool could see he was falling for Buffy. And he was falling hard. Sure, they may have gotten off to a very quick start, but Spike had a feeling this girl had a lot more to her. Age difference was a problem, but they could try to avoid it. Something told Spike that this was the girl of his dreams.