Chapter Three

It was a slow afternoon at Domino’s as Spike was talking to Ethan about Buffy and his family back in England.

“Honestly, do you think my father would be happy finding out I’m dating a seventeen year old? I doubt it. Damn, life can fucking suck sometimes!”

“Well, you know as well as I do that Rupert is very emotional. Since Jenny died life’s been rough for him. He’s developed an aggressive and infuriating attitude. As his cousin, I have the responsibility to feel bad for him, yet at the same time, he needs to start moving on and growing up. Rupert’s been taking his grief out on you William, but you’re with me now, your favorite cousin, once removed, Ethan!” Ethan Rayne, cousin of Rupert Giles, had a huge smile on his face as he finished up his little speech.

Ethan still remembered the times he Rupert used to play around and hang out with each other when they were only little kids. They had been great, if not best, friends from birth up until Jenny Giles, Rupert’s wife, died only a few years back. The first few months had been bumpy for Rupert, as to be expected, but after three years with Rupert’s newly acquired negative attitude towards life, Rupert and Ethan had grown apart.

“Yeah, I know Ethan. I just want to be happy with Buffy and try to acquire a better relationship with my father at the same time. Is that too much to ask?”

“It’s one thing to want a relationship with your father, and I fully support you in that; and maybe you should just try calling him sometime. But, being that Buffy has only just turned 17, I cannot fully support your relationship with her. I mean, have you’ve never even met her mother!”

“I know, but she’s in England right now,go figure right? And Buffy and I are planning on telling her; sometime within the next year of course.” Spike adding on the end in a hushed tone.

“The next YEAR?!?! Mrs. Summers deserves to know now. At least approach her with the idea. The worst thing that could happen is that she’ll forbid Buffy from seeing you for a while.” As if it were that simple.

“Oh yes, I forgot. Being away from Buffy for the next year won’t be so hard! Sarcasm by the way. It’s not like we already had sex! It’s not like I’m falling in love with her or anything!”

After realizing what he had just said, Spike thought about it. He realized that he really was falling in love with Buffy Summers. Apparently, Ethan realized this too.

“You stupid shit! It’s one thing to fall in love with an underage girl, but you don’t just fuck young girls you’ve just met! And without her mother even aware that you exist. This is insane. You need to break up with her! It will NOT end well, William.”

Spike looked mortified. He couldn’t believe it! His uncle was rarely this harsh towards him. Plus he had never been called a stupid shit before. He just couldn’t believe all of this was happening to him. Tears started forming in Spike’s eyes when he thought about how much he was actually starting to love Buffy. He had just met her for Christ sake! Yet he couldn’t help but feel a deep attraction towards her, it was beyond physical; it was magical.


“I just don’t know what to do. I mean... she only just turned seventeen. I turn 22 next month! I know that not many mothers are happy to know that their only daughter is dating a man almost 5 years older than their daughters. And especially since the only reason I’m in the United States is because my father hates me, but I really do love her.”

“Remember, Rupert doesn’t hate you. I think he’s just scared to move on in life without Jenny. And I can tell you really love Buffy, I just hope you can think with your head and not your heart, do what is best for her. We’ll I’ve got to get back to work, just call Buffy like you said you would. If you insist upon maintaining this relationship with Buffy, then at least try to wait to have sex; again. If you don’t things much worse than just not seeing Buffy again could happen to you.” And with that, Ethan left Spike alone to call Buffy.

Earlier that day, Joyce Summers called her daughter to check up on her. She had had a rough day and talking to Buffy helped her just forget about reality for a while.

“Yeah, mom, everything is fine here. I’ve been doing my homework, eating healthy, and going to bed on time. No worries.” Buffy said convincingly.

“Alright sweetie. Well, I should be home in about one week. I’m so sorry I had to leave you alone for so long. I miss you. I’ll try my hardest to come home early but no promises.”

“It’s fine mom. It’s not like I’m really alone. I go to the Bronze almost every night and hang with my friends.” And when I’m not at the Bronze, I’m at home fucking my new boyfriend you don’t even know about yet, Buffy added silently.

“Well that’s good. You know, I met one of the rudest people today. He wanted to put my money in some museum here in London. Even after I said no he just kept pestering me about. He tried bribing me with money and more time to spend with you. Apparently, he had also done some research on me because he knew I had a daughter. Strange. Anyway, I don’t want to keep you any longer, as I’m sure you have plans for tonight, what with it being Friday and all. I’ll see you soon sweetie. I love you.”

“Bye, love you too, mom.” With that Buffy hung up from her phone call with her mother only to have the phone ring again immediately afterwards.

“Hello?” Buffy asked.

“’ello luv. How are you?”

Of course, who else would it be? Buffy thought.

“Good, Spike. What’s up? Got any plans tonight?”

“I hope so. Got anything in mind for me to do?” Spike asked with a sexy smirk on his face that Buffy could only imagine.

“Well, you could always come over to my house and watch a movie. Maybe have a little make-out session and see where that leads us?” Buffy asked so very not innocently.

“Only a little make-out session?”

“We’ll see. Come over later around 8 o’clock?”

“Sure, pet. See you then. I love you.” Opps… shit. I wasn’t supposed to say that yet, Spike thought.

TBC...