“Well, this can’t be good.” Spike sighed as he hung up the phone after telling Buffy that he loved her. Of course it was true, but he hadn’t meant to tell her like that, especially over the phone.

He waited almost 30 minutes for her to call back, but she never did. Maybe I scared her off, he couldn’t help thinking. Well, that should make not sleeping with her a non-problem, at least for a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE YOU!?!?!?! As in… he loves me? Whoa, jumping the gun much. I realize that our relationship is moving quickly, but love? Already? It’s like… illegal or something! Oh god, oh god.

Buffy had just hung up the phone after Spike told her that he loved her. She hadn’t realized what he had said at first. It had just seemed so natural. Then it had registered in her brain, and now she was having a panic attack.


“OH MY GOD! Love? Okay, okay, think it over, think it over.” Excited didn’t even begin to cover it. Then suddenly, it hit her like lightening.

“Oh my god, I love Spike too.” Sitting down, Buffy closed her eyes and tried to clear her mind. She was in love, for the first time she felt like she could conquer the world. After settling down just a bit she couldn’t help but wonder, had he meant it? Well, she sure as hell hoped so.

Indecision flooded throughout her entire being. She could call him back, tell him she loved him too, but then she risked him apologizing and saying that he was just caught up in the heat of the moment. So, Buffy decided to wait until he came over at 8 o’clock to talk things out with him.

What seemed to be way to many hours later, the doorbell to Buffy’s house rang, and Buffy sprang out of her seat to go and run to the door. Expecting Spike, she opened the door with a questioning smile on her face that immediately vanished as soon as the person on the threshold to her house was identified. A man Buffy had proclaimed dead in her life stood there, wearing none other than a smile on his face.

“Well, aren’t you going to say hello to your father honey?” Hank Summers looked at his daughter as if he had just returned home from a business trip as opposed to leaving Buffy and Joyce to fend for themselves for the past ten years while he was spending his days and nights drinking and sleeping around. Though he tried to appear as if everything was right as rain, Buffy could tell that he had some alternative reason for coming by and all thoughts of Spike were instantly lost.

“Get out.” Her voice was low, quiet, almost predator like. Inside though, she was scared. One of the reasons her father had left her and her mother was because he had both physically and sexually abused Buffy when she was just a small child, thus, and obviously, causing fights between himself and Joyce back when they had lived in Los Angeles. His reasoning for his abuses towards his young child had been that she should learn to live in the real world. Where you had to learn to trust people and not in some fake mind dimension where she was always safe.

After years of counseling, Buffy had basically recovered from her father’s abuse of her and had done what she could to forget him and delete him from her life. Now, seeing him again, sent her back ten years to the scariest time in her life.

“No.” With his simple reply his eyes seemed to glow the darkest shade of black Buffy had every seen.

Quick as lightening, Buffy slammed the door in his face, but before she could lock it, he opened it up and barged in. Running as quickly as humanly possible, due to a great amount of fear, Buffy ran through the house and out the back door.

‘Her father’ chased after her and reached the back door just as Buffy shut it. He growled in frustration and opened it, slamming it back towards the inside of the house, almost breaking the doorknob off entirely.

As she heard him shouting her name, Buffy continued running down Revello Drive, looking for a place to rest and hide. Suddenly, a car started coming towards her. Noticing who was driving, and that they were slowing down, Buffy sprinted across the street to give her easy access to the passenger side of the car.

Jumping in as the car came to an immediate stop besides her, Spike turned to look at Buffy, but before he could say a single word, she was yelling for him to drive. Obviously sensing something was wrong, Spike sped off, sparing a quick glance at the road, not even seeing Hank only ten feet from the side of the car coming towards them.

Upon seeing Buffy get into the car, Hank figured that by standing in the middle of the road in front of the car, that the car would stop just short of him, like in the movies figuring that no one wanted to have murder on their record.

While driving, Spike looked over at Buffy and noticed that she was painstakingly looking out in front of the car. Following her gaze, Spike looked at the road to see some maniac standing less that a foot from the car. Without having time to slow the car, Spike ran over the man, causing him to fly over the car’s roof.

Spike stopped the car and got out, running over the man now lying on the ground, encircled in blood coming mainly from his head. Looking back at the car, Buffy made her way out of it, and ran over to Spike.

“Who is this?” There was a pause from Buffy as she looked in his eyes like a scared child. “Buffy, do you know who this is damn it?”

“He’s my father.” Looking down at Hank, Buffy saw his lifeless body lying on the ground.

Unexpectedly, Hank’s upper body shot up, he stared directly into Buffy’s eyes and simply said, “It will never be over.” With that, Hank fell back on the ground, his eyes closed once again.

Spike checked for a pulse, and upon finding none, he proclaimed, “He’s dead.”



A/N: I know this chapter was pretty dark, but everything will make more sense in the next chapter. Please review to let me know what you thought!