Author's Chapter Notes:
Im very sorry that i havent answered the reviews guys but honestly i just have too much on my plate right now. Ill try to catch up asap i promise. It means a lot to me that you guys have been so supportive of this fic and i hope you all continue to be like that.
Thanx so much to all those who left reviews, ill catch up in the next chap and give you guys a proper thank you XXX



Buffy walked into the hospital and headed right to Spikes room. She couldn’t stop the smile from lighting her face, it had been there since she had woken up. She couldn’t wait to see him out and about. She knew it was gonna be priceless.

Just then a figure dove at her and picked her up, spinning her in the air. Her scream had turned into giggles when she’d noticed who it was. Spike, walking, standing Spike.

“Oh my god this is great.” she squealed.

“In’it though pet?” he said with a laugh and placed her down right in front of him. He put his arm around her shoulder and together they walked back to his room in companionable silence.

When Buffy walked in she gasped. All his things, which was really only 2 duffel bags of clothes and a suitcase of heavy things where on the bed and packed up. One day when they had been talking he had told her where he had been staying and she’d gone right away to pick up his things from the motel. He had been lucky that the manager was a nice man and had put his things in storage instead of shooting it all out.

“What’s going on Spike?” she asked, fighting back tears. “You going back to England now?”

Spike saw her shining eyes and looked at her with a small smile. “No Buffy I’m not, there’s nothing for me there.”

“And what do you have here?” she asked with curiosity.

“I think I have a friend ya?”

Buffy sniffled and nodded her head. “Ya Spike, you do.” She said and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

When they’d cleared out his room and loaded Buffy’s car she turned to him while she revved her engine. “Where to then?”

He shrugged his shoulders, “The closest motel I suppose.”

Buffy bit her lip and made a silent decision. She drove for about a half an hour before pulling up to a house. Spike hadn’t spoken a word since he’d told her where to go but when he saw the address, “Buffy pet? What are we doing here?”

“Welcome to the Hotel California, such a lovely place.” She joked while singing the popular song.

“Such a lovely face.” Spike answered back but there was no humor in his tone. Buffy swallowed and he continued, “I cant stay here pet.”
“And why not?”

“Because I wouldn’t want to take advantage of you.” He admitted honestly.

Buffy chewed her lip. She knew he would have reservations about staying here but she had her reasons for wanting him. She bit back her pride and started to talk.

“Spike, you wouldn’t be imposing. I’ve been lonely here, without her.” She didn’t have to explain who ‘her’ was, they both knew. “There’s an extra room that no one is using, it’s pretty decent. We have cable, 2 bathrooms, a nice backyard with a pool…..” She stopped talking for a second. She looked him in the eyes and smiled. “Plus you’re the only real friend I have here and it would be nice to have you close, plus I wont have one of my friends staying at a bug infested motel.”

Spike stared at her in awe. How could he be the only friend she had here? She was amazing, people should be lining up at her door to be around her.

When he looked into her eyes he could see the hope in them. “Right then. Let’s get me moved in ya?”

She clapped her hands happily and hopped out of the car, causing Spike to laugh. She was like a child and for some reason he loved that about her. Once his bags where on the porch and she was unlocking the doors he turned to her. “You know I’ll be paying rent right?”

Buffy waved her hand to dismiss the thought but he grabbed it gently. “I’m serious pet, I won’t be living off you. S’not my style.”

Buffy sighed and pulled her hand away. “There’s no rent here Spike, the house has been paid for in full and my dad takes care of the property taxes now. It’s a free ride for the both of us.” She explained.

Spike shrugged, “So then I’ll pay the groceries and phone and cable bills.”

“Spike it’s okay, you don’t have too…” she had more to say but he cut her off before she had a chance to finish.

“Buffy, you’ve been taking care of me, let me take care of you how I can okay? It would mean the world to me if you wouldn’t argue this, cause I’m gonna do it anyway.”

She nodded her head, “Okay then Spike, and thank you.”

He bowed his head slightly and they walked into the house. He thanked god it wasn’t how he had imagined it cause that would have been too creepy. It had a very homey feel to it and he had to admit he was impressed by the look of it, the whole place seemed immaculate. And then she showed him the kitchen.

“Bleedin’ fuck Buffy, what happened here?”

She giggled and shrugged her shoulders. “I made breakfast.”

He looked around, the sink had pots and pans filled to the top, the table had dishes covering it, there was flour on the floor by the pantry and was that eggs on the wall?

“I see.”

“Well I never said I was a chef.” She pouted.

‘God she looks sexy when she does that’ “Well good, because then you’d be a liar.”

She gasped and smacked him on the chest playfully. “Well I’ll show you where your room is and while you unpack I’ll tidy up.”

“Are you sure? I can help you clean up.”

“No no, it’s my mess. I’ll take care of it you get settled in.

“Thanx luv’.”

She led him to his room and flew down the stairs. He didn’t know why until he opened the door. She had really outdone herself.

The walls where painted a deep red and the ceiling and window wall where a cream color. Their was red silk sheets and pillow cases on the bed complimented with a black comforter. There was a cream throw rug at the base of the bed. All the furniture was painted a glossy black and the floors where hardwood. He let out a whistle and started to unpack. He was done about an hour later and went downstairs to see Buffy washing dishes. He grabbed a dishtowel and stood next to her as he began to dry the dishes.

“You didn’t decide today that you wanted me to stay here did you?”

“Nope.”

“You didn’t have to furnish the room and do all that just to impress me.”

“I didn’t do it to impress you, I did it to make you comfy stupid head.”

He looked at her and laughed. “Did you just call me stupid head? Are we in grade three?”

She stuck out her tongue and handed him a dish. When they finished Buffy led him to the living room and popped in a movie after ordering some food.
Neither one noticed but they had seemed to slip into the domestic role pretty easily together, but it seemed so natural that neither one questioned it.

“So what are we gonna watch?”

“The Princess Bride.” Buffy answered smugly.

“God help me.” Spike said and made the sign of the cross.

Buffy laughed. “It’s your initiation Spike, take it like a man.”

“Fine, but we can watch my movie next.” He said with a smug smile.

Buffy gulped. “What would that be?”

“Monty Python, the search for the holy grail.”

‘Damn it’ Buffy thought to herself. The movie began to play and Buffy snuggled into him, resting her head on his shoulder. “This is my favorite movie.” She sighed. Spike smiled down at her and put his arm around her.

Both of them ignored the shivers that the others touch sent through them, it was just friendly shivers right? What else could it be?


Please let me know what you thought and i promise the longer chap's start with the next one.