Author's Chapter Notes:
thanx to everyone who left reviews and esp those of you who wished me to feel better, it means so much to me!!! the song is Green days boulevard of broken dreams
Special thanx to: Azzy, Shelly, Flibble, Allison, Melissa g, Spikes_niblet, Blondiebear, BuffyandSpikeForever, Bernardette, Daisy, Beasleysmom, MidnightGirl, Brat, Mariana, Chiris, CordyKitten, Spufette, Heaven, MartsersGirl13, Aribelle, Caitie, Jessica x 3 :), Crystal Pegasus, Stine, Devin. You guys kick ass and this one is def for you, thanx so much for all your wicked support! XXX



The telephone rang and Buffy rushed for it. She’d been bored off her ass all day. When she’d come out of the shower
Spike was nowhere to be seen. “Hello?” she answered breathlessly.

“Buffy?”

“Willow? EEEk I haven’t heard from you in like forever!” Buffy gushed, excited that her friend was on the line. She’d met the shy red head in L.A and they’d become quick friends, keeping their friendship alive when Buffy had come back to Sunnydale, Willow had been at the funeral but she hadn’t seen her friend since.

Willow laughed happily. “I know but I have some good news. I’m on my way down to Sunnydale right now for some catch up time with my best friend.”

“OH MY GOD!!! Wills that is so great to hear. I’m losing my mind. We can totally hit the Bronze tonight and have a girls night out.”

“Sounds like a plan Buffy. I should be there in the next hour or so and then we can head there, I’m already good to go in what I have on.”

“Great, I’ll start getting ready and I’ll see you soon. Love ya’ Wills.”

“Love ya too Buffy, bye.”

When Buffy hung up the phone she let out a feminine squeal. She briefly pondered where Spike was, he’d been going out a lot lately and not telling her where. Pushing the thought away Buffy attacked her closet.

‘What to wear? I wanna look sexy tonight. Not that there’s a point since I won’t be seeing Spike- WHOA! Where did that come from? I can look sexy for other guys, it’s not like I belong to Spike….even though he said I’m his’ she remembered with a smile, subconsciously grabbing her outfit from the hangers.

She looked down at the clothes in her hands and grinned. Black leather pants, red leather halter top. Oh ya, tonight was going to be fun.

She applied some black eyeliner to her eyelids and a dark red lipstick to her mouth. She decided to curl her hair a little bit and wear it down, guys seemed to love that look. Something about long blonde hair just seemed to give the opposite sex immediate hard-on’s. It was great!

She put on her black 4 inch sandals just as the bell rang. She didn’t know how but she managed to run down the stairs with them on. When she opened the door she felt her heart sink just a l’il bit, she had been semi-hoping to see Spike standing there but it was Willow. When her friend hugged her though her mood went straight back to excited and the girls chatted as they got into willows car, catching up on the way to the club.

The music was blaring and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Willow and Buffy had matching smiles on their faces as they grabbed a drink and headed to a vacant table.

Buffy saw willow looking around and called her friend on whatever she was holding back. “Okay Wills, spill it!”

“Spill what?” Willow asked, but by the way she wouldn’t look Buffy in the eyes the blond knew she had the red-head busted.

“Why are you really here? I know it’s partly to see me but come on. Who did you think you where fooling with the whole ‘I just wanted to come and see you’ phone call an hour before you got to my little town?”

Willow laughed, leave it to Buffy to call her on her bullshit. “Okay well first off I REALLY did want to see you, secondly I MAY have been coming here anyway…..I..I kinda met someone in L.A. He’s in a band that’s based here and he invited me down to watch them.”

“Willow you sly bitch, you didn’t tell me you where seeing someone. What’s he like?”

“Well his name is Oz and he’s amazing. He’s laid back and easy to talk to. He’s not like most musicians you see and hear about, he’s honest and sweet. I really like him.”

Buffy patted her friends hand, “I’m so happy for you Wills, it’s about time you got over That Ken guy, he was so in the closet.”

Willow laughed. “You know what? I think he was, I mean how bitchy could one guy be? And the whole self-absorbed thing was just too much. Wanna know a secret Buffy?”

Buffy leaned in her head and nodded. “His full name was Kennnedy” Willow admitted with a laugh, it was contagious and soon the two girls where so absorbed in making fun of their ex’s they almost didn’t hear the band announced.

“Oh my god, there he is!” Willow said nervously as the bassist spotted her and gave a little wave.

Buffy didn’t hear her though, didn’t even notice the bassist in fact. All she noticed was the lead guitarist.

“Buffy, Buffy?” Willows voice broke through her daze.

“Huh?”

“Did you see him?”

Buffy flicked her eyes to the bassist and looked at Willow. “He’s definitely of the cute Willow but what the fuck is my roommate doing on stage with him?”


Willow gasped. Oz had told her over the phone that he’d found somebody to fill in on lead guitar and vocals until the regular guy felt better, he was out with laryngitis or something like that. But Willow had never imagined that it would end up being Buffy’s roommate.

“I didn’t know Buffy. All I knew was that someone was replacing the other guy for now…..you never told me your roommate was drool-worthy by the way.”

Buffy continued to gape at Spike. “But he doesn’t even sing or play anything Willow, he would have told me if he could.” She mused.

As if on cue the band started up.

“I walk a lonely road
The only one I that have ever known
Don't know were it goes
But its home and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Blvd. of broken dreams
Were the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk alone”
Willow leaned in and whispered to Buffy “From where I’m sitting he can sing and pretty damn good too!”
Buffy only nodded her head in agreement and let the sound of his voice wash over her. He WAS good, really good. Why hadn’t he told her? She was sure he had a reason though and she wasn’t mad, just curious. How could she be mad at him when his voice alone made her want to melt.

”My shadows the only one that walks beside me
My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find
Till then I'll walk alone

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh
Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh”

Buffy had kept her eyes glued to him the second she had seen him and now he had finally seen her too. His face registered shock first and then something else..happiness? Was he glad that she was there?

”I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line of the edge
And were I walk alone

Read between the lines of what's
Fucked up and every things all right

Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive
And I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk a.….

My shadows the only one that walks beside me
My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find
Till then I'll walk alone

Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh
Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ah-Ah Ahhh

I walk this empty street
On the Blvd. of broken dreams
Were the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk a….

My shadows the only one that walks beside me
My shallow hearts the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I'll walk away!”

The song stopped and the crowd went crazy. Buffy saw Spike and Oz talk for a moment and then Oz announced a break for 20 minutes. The two men sauntered off the stage and headed right for the girls table.

Buffy could almost hear her heart pounding as Spike waked up to her. She barely acknowledged Oz except to introduce herself to him before she turned back to Spike.
They walked outside so that Spike could have a smoke and they could talk in private.

“Well kitten, what did you think?”

“I think you should have told me you played and you sang.”

Spike looked away, guilt flashing over his features. Buffy put her finger under his chin. “Spike I’m not mad, I think it’s great that you can do that, I think you where great. The song was touching.”

Spike gathered his courage and looked her in the eyes. “It was my song. I wrote it after I woke up from the accident. Oz liked it and asked if he could use it.”

Buffy was shocked. “You wrote that?”

He nodded his head.

“Spike that’s incredible, you have so much talent.” she gushed.

A smile lit his face then and Buffy thought she’d never seem him look so hot. “Why didn’t you tell me though?”

“I was scared to.” He admitted.

Buffy scrunched her nose up and tilted her head. Fuck she was adorable when she did that.
He decided to explain it to her.

“I don’t give a fuck what the people in there think of me Buffy, there nothing to me. But you- I care what you think kitten.”

“So I’m not nothing to you?”

He gave her a small smile and brushed some hair away from her face. Couldn’t she tell what he felt. He knew that physically they where both attracted to each other but couldn’t she see what he felt for her every time he looked at her? He definitely cared for her but he didn’t know what word he could use to describe the soddin’ emotion.

“No, you’re not nothing to me Buffy.”

She stepped a little bit closer to him, so that now their faces were only a few inches apart. “So what am I then?”

He knew she’d been drinking by the way her eyes where half glassy and he figured she wouldn’t remember this tomorrow so why not? He leaned in and breathed into her ear:

“You’re everything.”

And with that he walked back inside to go get ready for the next song, leaving Buffy standing there by herself. “So are you.” She whispered to the night air before walking back in.


Please let me know what you thought xxx