Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx so much to everyone for all the amazing support. You all kick ass but these people especially lol : Saltygoodness, Melissa g, UncagedMuse/Rae, Buffster1985, Shanbits, buffyandSpikeForever, Flibble, MidnightGirl, Brat, Caitie, Neo, Raven, Bint, Spuffette, Summer and Mariana.....you guys are wonderful.
Im sorry that i havent had the chance to respond but as of the last chapter ill be responding to all reviews, hope you guys like this one, and no worries, hell wake up soon enough (and their might be a little Spuffy just before winkwink)
Buffy heard her voice over the hospital intercom and headed to Robins office. When she got there he poured her a cup of coffee and asked her to sit down.

“Thank you.” She said when he placed the steaming mug in front of her. “I think I may need this more then I thought.”

He smiled and agreed. “You’ve been working around the clock Buffy, as a nurse and as a psychologist. I hope you don’t mind that I hired some extra nurses to help you out a little bit.”

Buffy almost spit out her coffee. “Mind? Hell no, that’s great. It gives me more time to work with William.”

Robin smiled at her happy response. “I know this is hard for you Buffy, not having any clue to what he’s like.”

She nodded her head. “It is but I know I can do it. It’s only been a few days and there is at least another 2 and a half months before we really have to worry about any permanent brain damage. He’ll wake up.” She said, more to convince herself then Robin.

Robin leaned back in his chair and withheld a sigh. He knew that Buffy was working as much as she was to take her mind of the loss of her mother but he had the feeling she was becoming a little too attached to the patient, staying so focused on saving him because she couldn’t save her mother.

“Buffy, you have to consider the possibility that he won’t and that if he doesn’t it won’t be your fault.”

She averted her eyes and bit her lip. She didn’t know why but she knew that she had to wake him up. Above everything else she wanted to see his eyes, she had the feeling that they would be out of this world. She didn’t want to just lift Williams eye-lids and see them like that, she wanted to see them aware and full of life. She swore to herself in that instant that she would get the chance to see them, even if it took her working 24/7 to bring him back.

She stood and gave Robin a small, sad smile. “Is there anything else?”

After a moment of trying to figure out if he should continue with his warnings he decided against it. “Actually yes, a package came in the mail for you today.”

He handed her a fairly large box and at her shocked expression he handed her the letter that had come with it.

She thanked him and headed back to the room that was quickly becoming a second home to her. She sat in the chair by the bed and tore off the tape that held the box closed. Shooting out the garbage and then opening the letter.

“Dear Miss Summers,

I was cleaning out William’s old apartment when I found some of the things he’d left behind by mistake. My prayers are with you and with him, I hope this helps.
Sincerely
Cranky Landlord”

Buffy laughed out loud and made a mental note to phone the old man back. What he’d sent could very well be the key to bringing her patient back into this world.

She riffled through the box. 2 sex pistols c.d’s, a zippo lighter with the words ‘Big Bad’ scrawled across it, a bleaching kit (she had to giggle at that), a leather duster (SEXY) and a few journals.

She excitedly popped one of the discs into the small portable player she’d brought from home and pushed play. Her hands covered her ears instantly and she cringed. ‘So the landlord was right, he does like bad music’. She lowered the volume considerably and opened one of the journals.

It was dated 11 years ago, when he had only been 15. Her eyes grew wide and Buffy lost herself in the world of William’s adolescence, reading out loud as she did in hopes that the words may trigger some sort of response within her patient.



Buffy and Spike walked hand in hand to his car, he opened the door for her and kissed her softly on the lips before walking to his side and revving the engine.

“Where are we going baby?” Buffy asked as the sun lit her face, making her seem angelic.

He grimaced and she giggled at the site. “For a ride.”

“Where?”

“Down memory lane.”

“Oh, I like it there, it makes you remember things you forgot a long time ago.” Buffy said softly and gave his hand a small squeeze.

When they pulled up to a fork in the road Spike read the street signs and he tensed. ‘Williams Way’ went right and ‘Lost’ went left. This was weird, something was wrong but he couldn’t put his finger on it just yet.

**This isn’t real** a voice whispered but again he pushed it away.

He looked at Buffy and she gave him a smile. “We’ve made 3 lefts already, if we make another left we’ll be going in circles.” She said softly.

“I like circles, circles are safe.” Spike whispered.

Buffy leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Trust me, go right baby.”


They drove through a thick forest, it was so dark that Spike almost couldn’t see at all. He was beginning to get worried and was going to stop and turn around when all of a sudden the sun lit their path again and they pulled into a beautiful little town. He got out of his car and stepped onto the sidewalk, Buffy was soon by his side. He looked around, it reminded him a little of where he’d grown up.

Suddenly a small woman walked up to them. Spike looked down and hugged her fiercely.

“Mum, it’s been a long time.” He breathed her in and smiled. She still smelled the same, like ginger cookies he thought happily.

“Yes it has baby boy.” The woman said and gently ran her hand over his cheek. “You’re all grown up now. Such a strong and stubborn boy. When will you admit your lost William?”

“I’m not lost mum, I finally found a place I like and a girl I love.”

Jenny just shook her head and smiled. “You should take a walk around William, there’s quite a bit too see.”

“Okay mum.” He leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Will I see you later?”

“I’m always with you, you just have to remember where to look.”

At that she turned and walked away, Spike followed her with his eyes until she disappeared from view and then turned and began to walk.

The first street he turned down was “Adolescent Avenue.”



Please let me know what you thought, it means a lot when you do. You guys are my muses :)