Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to all who are following this, you guys are great and i really appreciate your feedback (hint hint lol)
Wow, you guys keep amazing me with these reviews and I still haven’t found a way to thank you all enough so I hope this is okay…. Special thanx to BuffyandSpikeForever, tina, Brittany, Brat, Caitie, Blazing Fire, Mermaid310, UncagedMuse/Rae, Mariana, beasleysmom, shelly, daisy, Flibble, moonorchid, MidnightGirl, Bint, Melissa g, CordyKitten, Raven and Blondiebear, you guys really do kick ass and your support has been the driving force behind this fic!!! XXX Hope you like it, here goes….


Buffy walked through the hospital doors, determination on her face. She had woken up with what she had called ‘the worst fucken’ hangover I’ve ever had’ but it was the reason behind the hangover that had gotten her dressed and out of the house.

She turned the corner and walked down the hall. 67, 68….there it was, room 69. His room. She allowed herself a brief smile at the number before she remembered why she was there.

She knocked on the door and heard a raspy “Come in.”

When she walked in her eyes flew to his immediately. She saw shock, then happiness and then sorrow, the last is what settled on his face. “What can I do for you?”

“I was actually hoping I could ask you a few questions about…about my mother.” The last part was whispered and Spike looked at her as if she was retarded.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself?”

“It’s impossible at the moment.” She didn’t like the way he was looking at her, as if she where some dumb blond.

“And why’s that?”

“Because stone slabs can’t talk back.”

Good, she had shocked him. Only it wasn’t good, she had wanted some form of joy out of putting him in his place, instead she felt only sadness.

He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them again they where shining. Buffy couldn’t tell if it was from the med’s he was on or from trying not to cry.

“I’m very sorry to hear that, your mom was a lovely woman. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met.”

Buffy used no words to acknowledge his sympathy, instead she gave him a slight nod.

“Do you mind?” She pointed to the vacant seat next to his bed.

“Of course not, now what was it exactly you wanted to know? I’m pretty tired and I don’t know how much longer I can stay awake.”

This was in fact true but it wasn’t the only reason he wanted her gone. In his mind the memories of the love they had shared was still fresh. And honestly, he didn’t even know if he liked this version of Buffy. She was too….real. He almost laughed at his own thought. Of course she was real, but maybe that’s where the problem lay. When the woman in his life where real they tended to hurt him, leave him, break his heart. At least he could control his dreams, make the woman in them love him. Real life was a bitch. He sighed and looked up into her eyes. They where as beautiful as the ones he had imagined, if not more.

She shifted her eyes, doing her best to avoid his penetrating gaze. It was as if he could look into your soul without even realising it.

“How did you know her?” Buffy choked out after a moment.

Spike smiled and seemed to lose himself in the memory as he spoke. “I was being a real sod at a coffee shop, the one on the corner of Hill street.”

Buffy nodded, she knew the place.

“There was no where else to sit and she offered me the empty chair at her table. We began to talk, she loved you very much. Couldn’t help but smile whenever she mentioned you, there was so much pride in her voice.”

Buffy bit back her tears as she continued to listen, her mom was the only one who had always encouraged her to do what she had to in life to be happy.

“She invited me over to dinner but I couldn’t make it.” He said with an apologetic shrug towards his head. “I overslept.”

Buffy couldn’t help it, she snorted. The second she did her hand flew to her mouth and her skin turned a bright shade of crimson. Spike chuckled lightly, she was adorable. He’d give her that at least.

After a moment Buffy lowered her hand and looked at him, though still not in the eyes. “Was she…she liked to try and…..what I mean is…”

He smiled. “Was she trying to hook us up? No.” he lied, he didn’t want her to develop fake feelings for him out of some subconscious idea that it would make her mother happy.

She smiled softly and stood. “Thank you so much for your time Mr. Calendar.”

“Please, call me Spike.”
Realization dawned on her then. “You sent the flowers to her.” At his nod, “They where lovely.”

“So was she.”

Buffy turned to walk away and noticed he was starting to drift off to sleep.

“Goodnight Spike.”

The only answer she received was the soft snores coming from him. She smiled and sat back down. Out of habit her fingers began to run through his hair, he would need to bleach it again soon she realised. The roots where showing pretty badly. She came out of her reverie when she heard him moan softly. When she looked down she saw a smirk on his face. The same smirk he had worn when she had given him the sponge bath…..

“Oh my god” Buffy gasped and jumped up. ‘What a perv.’ Her inner voice added, causing Buffy to giggle before heading out of the room.




Well there it is, I hope you guys like it. There is gonna be some angst but I decided for not too much. I suspect that you guys would like it better that way anyway but if I’m wrong let me know….i can make it very angsty lol. Teasing, but keep in mind there will be angst and things will be going slowly between them (emotionally at least :) )

Please let me know what you thought xxx