Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys like this, it's the longest chap so far i think....they'll start to get longer soon. This chap is so you can see how they're building up their friendship, hope it goes over well. Please review to let me know what you think xxx
Special GREAT BIG THANX to the following, without you guys i'd be crying my heart out.....seriously lol!
Melissa g, Caitie, Shelly, MarstersGirl13, Moonorchid, Blazing Fire, BuffyandSpikeForever, Annie, Beasleysmom, DK, Blondiebear, MidnightGirl, Daisy, Mariana, CordyKitten, Spufette, Raven, Bint, Crystal Pegasus, Brat, Flibble, theladyofspike. Thanx to all of you for reviewing the last chapter, im off to respond to them right now. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND YOU ALL KICK ASS!!!XXX




Buffy sat at home at huffed for what was probably the 13th time in the last 5 minutes. It had been about a month since she had worked. She was on call now for the hospital, the nursing shortage complete she only had to be there for the comatose, of which there was none. It was okay since she was still getting a pretty nice base pay, but she was bored to tears. She’d cleaned the house the day before from top to bottom. She’d even gutted out the guest room that hadn’t been touched in years. The only room she hadn’t touched was her mother’s, she still couldn’t go in there. The only thing different about the house in the past month was the couch. She had given the old one to charity, she couldn’t sit on it, not after she had found her mom there.

She decided to head out to the pharmacy for a few things she needed. Toothpaste, floss, tampons, all the stupid things a woman (or a very strange man) needed to be hygienic.

Walking down the street she passed a group of teenage guys who whistled at her. She gave them a smile and kept walking, her ego nice and full. She loved that she still got attention sometimes. She was wearing a pale yellow sundress that hung to mid-thigh and it was strapless. With beige sandals and her hair in pig-tails she knew she most likely looked younger then her 24 years but she liked it that way. When she was 30 she hope she could pass for mid-twenties.

She walked in to the local ‘Jean-Coutu’ and picked up everything she needed. She was about to head out when she thought of something.

She walked down the hair product aisle and snatched up a few packs of bleach. ‘Me thinks I’ve found something to do today’ she thought to herself happily while the clerk rang up her bill.







37. 37 fucken’ games of solitaire just today. Spike was losing his mind. He hadn’t had any visitors since Buffy had come by, it wasn’t surprising though since he didn’t know anyone.

He had given a lot of thought to his first reaction of her. It was biased and it wasn’t fair to her, he knew this. That didn’t mean he could help resenting her just a l’il bit though. The bint had been on his mind before the accident, before he’d dreamed up his version of her. The only problem was this. Now that he’d dreamed up the perfect girl for him, borrowing her face for it of course, he didn’t think anyone else could compare. How could they really? His girl was a fairytale princess and real girls weren’t! He sighed and shot the cards of his lap, smiling wickedly when they scattered all over the floor. He buzzed for the nurse and cackled gleefully just before she entered. It was one of his passions to torment her.

When she walked in and saw the mess she turned red.

“Sorry Harmony, I dropped my cards by mistake.”

“Sure you did.” She mumbled. Truth be told she irritated him. The first day she had come in to check out his healing she had hit on him hard core and it had turned him off. Not that the nurse/patient fantasy wasn’t one of his fave’s but this bird was worse then the scarecrow from the wizard of Oz. Spike started to hum the tune to ‘If I only had a brain’ loudly and she left the room without saying a word, but tossing his cards in the trash as she did.

“Bloody hell.” Spike said out loud and threw himself back onto the pillows. He closed his eyes and sighed. Life sucked when you only had half your body to use and where stuck in a hospital for the next 2 weeks. The casts where coming off next week, the Dr. told him that if everything had healed properly he could have an early leave but if not he’d have to stay an extra 7 days. Spike crossed the fingers on his good hand and asked God to help him get the fuck out of there.

He was about to do the only thing that helped pass the time, whack it of course, when a cheerful blond burst through his door.

He couldn’t help the smile that came to his face. “Hey there. Come to keep a desperate man company?” he asked hopefully.

“Only if you’re willing to keep a desperate girl busy.”

“Deal.” He said with a laugh. “What’s in the bag?”

Buffy laughed. He sounded like an excited child. She pulled out the contents and held them out before him. He made a gasp and his hand flew to his heart.

“For me?”

Buffy nodded. “For you, if you’re up for it that is.” She teased.

“I’m up for anything you got baby.” He teased back until he realised what he’d just said and they both broke into awkward laughter.

“Anyway, how do you wanna do this?”

Spike hopped out of the bed and sat in the chair. “Is this okay? I just don’t wanna get toxins on my blankets.”

Buffy nodded and pulled out a pair of gloves and a mixing bottle out of the bag. “Sure, but there’s one condition you have to agree to before I do this for you. And if I where you I’d take it Spike cause your roots are awful.”

She had to bite back the smile that was trying to surface when the look of faux-hurt crossed his face. “Oi pet, I’ve got feelings ya’ know! So what do I have to do?”

Buffy took a deep breath and went for it. “Tell me about yourself.”

Spike had seen the journals lying on his table the day after he’d woken up and he wasn’t stupid. “You read almost everything Buffy, what else do you wanna know?” He was a little pissed still that she had read through his journals, it was hard for him to share ‘William’ with the world and Buffy had ‘met’ him without his permission. Granted he was glad she had, he may not be awake if it wasn’t for that.

“I did read your books, I’m sorry if that bugs you but I had to try everything I could.” At Spike’s nod of understanding she continued. “But it ends when Cecily hurt you. What happened after that? What changed you into Spike?”

He didn’t answer at first but still she started to rub the bleach into his hair, moving her fingers gently through it.

“Do you mind if we save that for another time kitten? It’s hard to talk about and I don’t know you that well yet.” He hoped she would understand and she did.

“Sure, no problem. Sorry I brought it up.” She said softly.

Spike reached behind him and squeezed her arm gently. “Don’t be, it means you care when you don’t have to. I appreciate it very much….. Why don’t you tell me about what it was like having me as a patient? I’m sure I was a pain in the ass even though I was out for the count.” he said with a chuckle.

Buffy laughed. “Aside from a ‘small problem’ I had you where perfect.” ‘Small my ass’ Buffy told herself when she remembered his erection the day she had been bathing him, she thanked the heavens his back was to her and he couldn’t see the blush that grazed her face. “The hardest thing was finding out about you since you didn’t know anyone here, but once I reached your old landlord he gave me all I needed to wake your lazy ass up.”

“HEY. M’not lazy I was comatose.” he defended.

“Same difference.” Buffy giggled out.

He growled playfully and Buffy froze for a second. Somehow he had made that animalistic sound the single, most sexiest thing she’d ever heard. She shivered and continued to work her fingers over his scalp.

“Cold Buffy? I have a sweater in my bag next to the bed if you need it luv’.”

“No, but thank you anyway.” ‘God he’s sweet.’

“Is it working? It doesn’t burn at all.”

“I added some sweet n’ low to the mix, takes out the sting.”

“You’re a goddess.”

“I know.”

“A conceited one.”

“I know.”

Neither one could see the smile on the others face but instinctively they knew it was there. There was a moment where nothing was said between them, both just enjoying the silence between the friendship they where starting to build, slowly but surely.

He bit his lip. “You look very beautiful today, I should have told you when you came in.” he said, almost in a whisper. And he had wanted to but the fear of scaring her away had held his tongue. She looked like a goddess. The way the dress clung to her every curve and flowed a little just after the waist. She was gorgeous, he doubted that she knew it though, she didn’t seem the type to.When he didn’t get an answer he thought that maybe she hadn’t heard him but a soft “Thank you” came a minute later.

“All done.” She said excitedly a few moments later, breaking the silence that had hung comfortably between them.

He struggled to his feet and gave her a smile when she steadied him and helped him to the bathroom right outside his door.

“I think I got it from here ya?” he asked with a cheeky smile when she had went to follow him inside.

She blushed and looked down. “Um ya, ill wait in there.” She said and pointed to his door. He smiled and clicked the door shut behind him as Buffy went and sat down, waiting for him to come out.

When she heard a noise and looked up her hand flew to her mouth and she tried to stop her giggles but to no avail.

Spike growled. “I forgot my towel.”

He was dripping wet. The water had run down from his hair to his face and from there to his chest.

“Laugh it up princess.” he said as a smirk lit his face.

‘Uh-oh’ Buffy had time to think before he shook his head like a dog, sending water flying…..all over her.

She gasped and looked up, anger the first thing on her mind, but when she saw his puppy-eyes and with his hair all wild and curly like that anger turned into humor and they both broke into laughter.

She grabbed the towel from his bag and walked over to him. She started to pat him dry, she didn’t even realise she was doing it until his hand encircled hers to stop the motions.

“Buffy?”

“Sorry, must be habit or something.” she muttered, embarrassed.

He lifted her chin with his finger and for the first time in a while she looked into his eyes.

“Thank you.” he whispered.



Well guys let me know what you think and I promise the next chap will have an interesting turn…..:)