Author's Chapter Notes:
Please read and review.

Oh, and to everyone in the South US? Please, be safe!
To my sister-in-law and her family, call us, ASAP! We worry!
Thanks.
REDEMPTION


Chapter 10: ‘The Talk’


Summary: Oh yes, even in 1876, girls want to talk about their feelings!


A/N: Okay, I talked my hubby out of camping!!! Yeah!!!
Anyway, this chapter is the start of a closer, kinder, gentler Spuffy
(I hope).

I am going to try and finish and post another chapter of the Little Miss Marker series on Spuffy Realm, today or tomorrow. I’m not sensing a lot of interest in the story and if I don’t get a lot of reads for chapter 3, I am considering dropping the fix. I hope not, since it is fun for me to write. Thank you, spufette.


Spike woke up with a jolt from his sound sleep, his heart racing and pounding. He immediately felt the presence of a little small blond beauty in his arms and his heart began to slow down to a more normal beat. Finding Buffy in his arms, even if they were in separate bed rolls did give him some peace of mind, at least.

In a way, that is. Since Buffy was still snuggled deep within his embrace and Spike still had his arms wrapped tightly about her? His heart; head and oh yeah, his dick were anything but calm and normal.

As Spike watched his little angel sleep, he was reminded that just maybe this sharing a bed thing was not such a great idea. Spike’s dick was rock hard and getting harder by the minute as he watched Buffy sleep.

‘The sleep of the innocent,’ he mused, watching the rise and fall of her chest, underneath the bed roll’s cover. But, really, just how innocent was Buffy Summers?

‘Innocent enough,’ Spike answered himself, frustrated completely by now. He slipped his arms from around Buffy and slid out of his bed roll, trying very hard not to wake the sleeping beauty. ‘I need a smoke,’ he grumbled under his breath, as he pulled his cigarettes from his pants pocket.

After lighting his cigarette, Spike stumbled over to the moonlit window on the far side of the small room. He tried very hard not to look back at Buffy, asleep so safely in her little bed roll. His mind reeled from the whole situation; him, lying next to Buffy, asleep on the bed and she sound asleep, so unafraid next to him. This was too much, even for Spike to contemplate.

The thought of him, Spike Giles, reciting poetry to this little slip of a girl, caused a deep, hot blush to seep over him? Well, it made him blush from embarrassment, kind of that is. On the other hand, he did enjoy reciting prose for someone like Buffy; a worthy lady who seemed to appreciate it. Not that Spike had ever really known any lady like Buffy before; not ever. All’s he’d ever known were whores, saloon girls and maybe a so called lady or two, but not a Buffy. Not ever before.

Buffy was a woman worthy of Spike’s love; the love he already felt for her, no question. If only she might grow to love him back, then everything would work out. Of that he had no doubt.

Spike saw Buffy as his salvation, right from the first moment he’d laid eyes on her. This girl was the one, he had no doubt of it and he had decided, in a week’s time, that he would move heaven and hell to have her with him. For eternity.

Taking a long deep drag on his smoke, Spike finally turned to look at the face of his own salvation. Buffy was still sound asleep, in her little bed roll, apparently oblivious to the reeling emotions that were tormenting Spike. He turned back to the window and stared out of it, sighing deeply and wishing for a glass of whiskey right about now.

‘I should go outside, give myself a good, private wank and be done with it,’ he chided himself. ‘Then maybe I could climb back in my bed roll, lay next to Buffy and be okay to sleep. Doubtful, though,’ he added with a snort. Buffy could make his dick hard from a mile away and that was the truth of it.

Buffy’s eyes opened, slowly, and she scanned the unfamiliar bedroom of the cabin. When she realized that William was no longer laying next to her, in his bed roll, she was a bit disappointed.

She glanced about the small bedroom and found William standing in front of the biggest window, smoking a cigarette and staring outside. The moonlight that shown into the room illuminated William’s half-naked body with its glow. Buffy had never seen anything so breathtaking in her entire seventeen years.

‘This is wrong,’ Buffy groaned inwardly as she eyed her captor, hungrily. ‘These feelings that I have about William are unfamiliar and perhaps a little wrong of me. I cannot feel this way about someone like William Giles. It’s not normal, or right or proper or anything that I have been brought up to believe in.’

Buffy tried to look away from William’s bare back, but she could not. His form was just too beautiful to look away from; like something from an art book. Briefly, she wondered if he might think the same about her? William had said she, Buffy, was beautiful and desirable, right? Perhaps these inner feelings she was having about him were normal and right. She certainly hoped they were blessed by the higher powers that be. Because Buffy had a feeling that very soon, they both, William and her, might not be able to hold back from these desires for each other.

She wondered what was bothering William, right at this moment. He seemed troubled; even she could sense that from her place on the old bed.

‘Come on Buffy,’ she chided herself, ‘you know exactly what is bothering Will. He’s uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed as you. Let’s be honest here,’ she continued logically, ‘he’s a man. You are a woman and he has made it clear he has feelings for you. For him to lie in the bed, next to you, covers or no? How hard is it to figure out what’s troubling him?’

In all of her seventeen years, Buffy had never experienced the feelings she was having for William Giles. He was everything that her parents, her society and her upbringing cried out against for her. But…

“William?” Buffy whispered into the darkness that surrounded them. “Are you all right?”

Spike tensed again, momentarily, then forced himself to relax before he turned to face Buffy. He finally moved to face her and shrugged, sheepishly, “I’m fine, Princess,” he mumbled.

“Are you?” Buffy asked coyly, her right brow raised in question. “You do not seem very all right to me,” she almost giggled out loud, but controlled it.

“Okay,” he grunted in defeat, “I’m anything but all right, pet. I have a bit of a problem here and I can’t think how to right it.”

He hung his head down and focused on the floor beneath his bare feet. Shame was written all over his face, so he couldn’t bear to look Buffy in her gorgeous green eyes.

“William. Will,” Buffy murmured softly, “come here, please.” She patted his empty bed roll, next to hers and bade him to join her back on the bed.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea, luv,” Spike muttered gruffly. “I’m a bit peckish and…”

“Come here, Will,” Buffy ordered more firmly this time. “We need to talk, I think,” she finished with a warm smile. “Just come here, lay down and we’ll talk, all right?”

“Okay,” Spike replied in a husky voice. He reluctantly (okay, not so reluctantly) joined Buffy back on the bed, careful to slip into his own bedroll and place his arms by his side.

“So,” Buffy began cautiously, “you’re not going to hold me? That kind of hurts, William,” she finished sadly.

Spike eagerly wrapped his long arms about his Buffy and pulled her close to him. Well, as close as he could between the two beds roll that is.

“Don’t want to hurt you, Princess,” Spike whispered raspily. “I never want to hurt you Buffy,” he murmured.

“I do not think you can,” Buffy assured him, placing her right hand on his right arm that was embracing her shoulders. “And I do believe you would never try to, Will,” she added sincerely.

Without thinking, Spike began to caress Buffy’s bare neck with his left hand and fingers, tenderly. He was rewarded with her shivers of pleasure as he stroked her bare flesh.

“Like that?” he asked in a husky tone.

“Yes,” she gasped lightly.

“Can you imagine what it might feel like if I use my lips and mouth to do that?” He asked carefully, unsure if this might not be moving too fast for Buffy.

“I can,” she answered quickly. “And I am sure I will, eventually,” she giggled saucily. “But for now, Will,” Buffy became serious again, “I think we should discuss some things. Many things between us?”

“We need to talk,” Buffy repeated as she tried to pull away from William’s lovely administrations. “I want to tell you about so many things and I need to hear so much from you.”

“Okay,” Spike sighed in frustration, “shoot,” he finished with a smirk.

Buffy smiled at Will’s use of the word shoot, since he was an expert at shooting. This thought suddenly brought a scowl to her brow, but she brushed off the severity of it.

“I went to Redemption,” Buffy began cautiously, “on Saturday, to speak with my minister, Reverend Snyder. I wanted to seek council from him,” she continued, “on how best to break off my engagement to Caleb Montgomery. He, Reverend Snyder, was less then pleased with me,” she finished on a sorrowful note.

“You ‘were’ going to break off with that ponce, Montgomery!” Spike exclaimed with a boy like glee. “Was it because of me?” He asked, hopefully.

“Maybe,” Buffy purred, her head still buried into his bare chest, “but then maybe not,” she added coyly.

“It was,” Spike snorted, “it was because of me. Admit it, Buffy,” he ordered sternly, embracing her even tighter. “Tell me you felt what went between us, at the church social that Sunday. Tell me that…”

“All right,” Buffy sighed in defeat, “I did feel ‘a lot’ at the church social. I felt things I have never felt before in my life; certainly not with Caleb,” she admitted shyly. Her golden head was still buried into William’s strong, naked chest and for that she was thankful. Buffy did not want William to see her blatant wantonness that must be apparent on her flushed face.

Suddenly, Spike reared his head back and clasped Buffy’s chin with his left hand. He pulled her face up to meet his gaze and rasped, “Kiss me, Buffy. Let me kiss you until we both want to scream from the torment of it and…”

Without an okay from Buffy, Spike crashed his lips onto hers and began to plunder her luscious mouth with his lips and tongue. He was more then happy to realize that she did not fight against him. Rather, she seemed to eagerly join in with him in the kissing!

Buffy was being kissed! Oh, how she was being kissed, very thoroughly! She had never, ever been kissed like this before and it was well on the way to leading her down a path of carnal pleasure and…

“Stop!” Buffy cried out to a very confused William. “Stop, please Will!” She pleaded as she struggled to disengage from his vice-like grip.

“I,” he began, totally lost in the shuffle and confused by Buffy’s complete turnabout in emotions. “I thought,” he stammered as he looked at her with puzzled blue eyes.

“I am so sorry,” Buffy choked out. “I know I led you on and I am so very, very sorry,” she added sincerely. “It’s not as if the kisses weren’t lovely,” she assured her disappointed suitor. “It’s just that I don’t think I am ready to, well, you know?” Buffy blushed bright red and tried to turn away from William, to hide her own shame at her wantonness.

“You know?” Spike asked in a near whimper that made him feel like a bloody school boy. “I know what?” He finally asked, his tone curt and abrupt.

“I cannot do ‘this’ William,” Buffy replied, her voice strangled with embarrassment. “I cannot just give myself to you and…”

“Give yourself to me?” Spike asked, his tone suddenly a hundred times lighter.

‘She’s thinking about giving herself to me?’ he reasoned, happily. ‘The little tease is fighting her own feelings for me and she will give in, soon,’ he thought, relieved actually.

Spike spun Buffy’s tiny frame back around so that her pretty face was even with his. He pulled her flush up to his body and pressed his forehead to hers, gently.

“I know you’re not ready for ‘that’ Princess,” Spike assured the little treasure that filled his eager arms. “Even if I am,” he continued strongly, thrilled when Buffy blushed bright red again. He could feel the hot flush of her embarrassment against his forehead and it made him want to ‘feel’ that as much as possible.

“I never felt this way,” Buffy repeated, her voice trailing off into a whisper of shyness. “About anyone. I never…” she burned bright red with bashfulness.

“Me neither,” Spike retorted, honestly. He placed a soft, gentle, almost chaste kiss on Buffy’s swollen little lips, lovingly.

“And I think we owe it, to ourselves,” he continued gently, “to explore our feelings for each other. We’ll go as slow as you need, Princess,” he finished with another tender kiss to her cheek.

“That’s enough?” Buffy asked, her green eyes full of innocent confusion.

“For now,” Spike replied softly, pulling her even closer to him. “I’ll wait forever for you, Buffy Summers,” Spike whispered into her warm little ear. “I love you,” he stated evenly.

“I know,” Buffy whispered with a shy little giggle. “Give me time, Will,” she asked quietly. “I think I could give you what you want and need, someday. If you just give me time?”


‘Meanwhile back at the farm…’


“Time is not on our side,” Joyce Summers whispered to her other daughter, Dawn. “The longer Buffy is gone, with those outlaws, the less chance we have of bringing her home,” she finished with a sob.

“I know, Mama,” Dawn sighed, hugging her mother to her body. “I miss Buffy and Daddy,” the twelve-year-old admitted sadly. “I just wonder, though…”

“What?” Joyce asked Dawn, a little defensively. “What do you wonder?”

“Well,” Dawn began carefully, not wanting to upset her beloved mother even more. “I wonder if by the end of this all? If Buffy will want to come home. And if she does? Will she ever be the same again? Or, will we?”

Joyce stared at her young daughter, stunned by the girl’s adult insight into the world and humans in general. Dawn never ceased to amaze Joyce or her husband, Hank.

“You are very wise for a child,” Joyce murmured in awe. “I believe you were born forty, Dawnie,” the mother shook her head in amazement.

“Maybe I was,” Dawn giggled in reply. “Maybe I was some big mystical power that was sent to you and daddy to help make things right in the world of Redemption!” This seemed to just tickle Dawn to no end and she began to laugh loudly at the silliness of what she had said.

Hank Jr. took that moment to rush into the kitchen and up to his shocked mother. “It’s Caleb Montgomery, Mama!” The little boy gasped for breath as he announced the coming of his sister’s fiancé. “He’s riding up the path to the house!”



Spike held Buffy so close to him, that it was not clear where he ended and she began. It was so much more then could have ever hoped for, at least just days before this. He was in Heaven, no question, or at least near as he might ever come to it. Well, at least until Buffy succumbed to him and became ‘his’ totally.

“This is nice,” Buffy murmured softly, her head still buried into William’s lovely chest.

“It is,” Spike agreed, placing an affectionate kiss on the top of her soft golden head. “Just think how nice it’ll be when we…”

“William,” Buffy warned him in a tender voice as she nuzzled her mouth into his chest again.

“Sorry,” he chuckled well naturedly. “You just bring out the demon in me, Princess,” he stated matter-of-factly.

Buffy giggled slyly, “I think maybe you’ve a bit of demon in you anyway, William Giles,” she pointed out. “It might be what I like about you, eh?”

“Maybe,” he sighed in contentment as he pulled her even closer to him. Which was a little difficult, considering the two bed rolls were in the way?

“We should probably sleep now,” Buffy mumbled with a yawn. “I suppose we’re to have an early start tomorrow?”

“Yeah,” Spike yawned himself in response. “Early start,” he mumbled, nuzzling his mouth into Buffy’s soft hair.

“Maybe you could give me a quick kiss goodnight?” Buffy whispered shyly. “If you do not mind that is?”

“Mind? Not at all. I’d love to kiss you to sleep, my sweet,” Spike gasped as he began to do just that.


A/N: A bit of a cliffie there. Be assured, if more then just kissing is going to happen between our Spuffy duo? You’ll all be the first to know!


Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.