Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this fiction. I've been out of the loop lately and hope to make up for it.
Thanks,
spuf
Chapter 20: ‘Wedding Night’


Summary: Spike and Buffy celebrate their wedding night in a rather unusual place. Later, they discuss their future plans.

A/N: I’ve let this one go way to long since the last update. I hope readers are still interested.




“I think it’s time for the wedding night, son,” Rupert Giles whispered to Spike, giving him a little nudge, along with a smirk. “It’s nearly 9:00 and…..”

The grandfather clock in the Quinn living chimed right then, as if to remind the newlyweds that their wedding night awaited.

“Uhm, time to uhm, go to bed?” Spike murmured into Buffy’s ear, almost shyly. This elicited a little giggle from the bride, and a bright red blush.

“Will,” Buffy whispered bashfully, “just where are we going to spend our wedding night?” She scrunched up her nose and formed her lush lower lip into a little pout.

“Look at that lip,” Spike murmured huskily. “Gonna’ get it,” he finished by nipping at Buffy’s pink mouth, delighted when she giggled again.

‘God, I love her so much,’ Spike repeated the words in his mind. He tightened his arm around her slim shoulders and pulled her in for a quick kiss.

After the ceremony, the family and guests had commenced in some much needed merrymaking. Uncle Doyle had surprised everyone with bottles of very good whisky and scotch (Rupert’s favorite) and toasted the newlyweds numerous times.

Even Buffy had had her share of some very good wine that Cordelia had hoarded for just the two of them! By the time 9:00 PM rolled around, Buffy was very, very relaxed to say the least.

“Will,” Buffy whispered huskily as she stood on her tippy toes to speak in his ear. “I’m not sure I want to spend my wedding night in a house full of children and robbers. Do you?” She asked with another lower lip pout that could put a five-year-old to shame.

“No my princess,” Spike chuckled, taking his wife into his arms. “Rumor has it that Uncle Doyle and Auntie Cordelia arranged a ‘honeymoon committee’ to redecorate our loft in the barn. I’m sure it’ll be more then comfy for us, yeah?” He gazed down into Buffy’s wide, soft green eyes, lovingly and bent to kiss her pouty little pink mouth.

“Oh!” Buffy squealed merrily. “Our own little honeymoon retreat? I’m so pleased Will and…..” she trailed off when she noticed Angel standing to presumably give another toast to the newlyweds.

“Hey,” Angel barked with a very puffed up chest and a slight stagger to his gait, “I’ve got another toast. “To my cousin, Spike Giles,” he slurred just slightly, “and his lovely bride. May their marriage be blessed; may they have a dozen healthy, beautiful babies and may we all make it to Nogales before that fucking posse catches up to us!”

“Here, here,” everyone in the room roared in response, even Buffy who seemed to forget to blush at Angel’s obscenity.

“I agree with Rupert,” Cordelia Quinn laughed, “it’s time for the bride and groom to ‘retire’ to their wedding night!”

Without further ado, Spike swept Buffy up into his arms and strode out into the desert night of Arizona. He carried his giggling bride into the barn and up the little ladder to the loft.

“I didn’t get a chance to say ‘thank you’ Will,” Buffy whimpered when he set her on her feet inside the loft.

“We’ll say ‘thank you’ tomorrow sweetheart,” Spike growled lustily. He hurried about to light the two or three lanterns that had been placed in the newly refurbished loft.

When the lanterns were lit to maximum? Both Spike and Buffy gasped in stunned delight at the sight before them. Sometime, during the afternoon or evening, the Quinn clan had snuck up to the loft and completely renovated it!

There was now a very comfy looking mattress, presumably stuffed with feathers. It had been placed where the old one had been. Silk sheets of the palest ivory adorned the makeshift bed and there was a lovely, satin quilt of rose color turned down ‘just’ so over them. Saguaro petals, of the purest white, were scattered over the quilt and on the spotless floor about the bed.

An opened bottle of wine sat in a vase with two silver goblets next to it. Two huge, overstuffed pillows lay at the head of the bed, also covered in ivory hued silk.

“Oh Will!” Buffy exclaimed tearfully, “it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen!”

“Well, you’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, Princess,” Spike replied huskily. He swept Buffy off of her tiny feet, again, and carried her to the bed.

Buffy giggled nervously, but began to disrobe slowly. Her little hands shook, slightly as she tried to pull off her borrowed wedding dress.

“Oh no,” Spike clasped her petite hands to stop her. “That’s my right,” he rasped as he continued the pleasant task himself.

“Oh, okay,” Buffy murmured softly with patent blush. “I…..” but she was cut off by William when he kissed her passionately.

“I’m not so sure I can be patient, sweet,” Spike mumbled huskily as he surveyed his very soft, pink and naked bride. He quickly stripped himself and lay down next to Buffy on the silky bed. “I want to do this right, my precious, but…..” he scowled slightly and furrowed his scarred brows. All the while, he stroked Buffy’s trembling arms and chest, tenderly. His own body was tense with desire and he was more then willing to pummel his bride into the mattress; but again, it was their wedding night and…..

“I think,” Buffy purred sensuously, “that patience can be highly overrated, Will.” She giggled mischievously and threw her arms about her man’s lean neck. “Besides,” she continued coyly, even though her hands were anything but, “we can take it slow the next time!”


After they had again sealed their marriage vows, Spike and Buffy lay enmeshed together. Their arms and legs were so entangled that it was difficult to tell where Spike’s body began and Buffy’s ended.

“Well,” Spike purred in total sated contentment, “you were sure bloody right about ‘that’ sweetheart. With his mouth buried into Buffy’s fragrant neck, it was somewhat difficult to understand him.

“About what,” Buffy sighed happily.

“About patience and the ‘first’ time, sweetling,” Spike chuckled wickedly. “The ‘first’ time was blood marvelous, my dove. All tender kissing, nibbling and touching. But the second and third times were fucking amazing!” Spike ran his strong, muscular left hand down Buffy’s tummy to her sweet little cunny mound and began to stroke it gently.

Buffy gasped in mock horror at her husband’s wanton words and behavior. “William Giles!” she cried with a bright pink blush, “I can’t believe that you’d…..” Her whole virginal act was soon ruined when Buffy began to giggle wildly at Will’s ministrations.

Spike kissed her so hard on her mouth that he knew it would swell them. Buffy didn’t seem to mind, so he did it again and then nipped at her bottom lip.

“Buffy,” he whispered softly, even as he slid his left hand up and cupped her dear face in it. “Princess,” he murmured tenderly, placing a kitten kiss on the tip of her nose.

“What’s wrong Will?” Buffy asked anxiously with furrowed fair brows.

“Nothin’ sweetheart,” Spike sighed heavily, falling onto his back and pulling Buffy on top of him. “I just want you to know something, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy stammered nervously, searching Will’s honest blue eyes with hers.

“I want you to know that as soon as we can? We’ll have a right proper honeymoon baby. Maybe by the ocean? What do you say?” Spike looked into Buffy’s emerald eyes, sheepishly, ashamed that his beloved bride had to have a wedding night in a country barn loft. In fucking Arizona no less!

“It’s okay, Will,” Buffy replied honestly, “this is the best honeymoon a girl could ask for baby. I really mean that,” she finished by kissing his slightly turned down lips.

“I love you,” Spike murmured trying to hide his damp eyes.

“I love you,” Buffy responded in kind, her own eyes filled with happy tears.

“Buffy,” Spike began again, “after we get to Mexico; I mean a while after? What do you say we head out to California? There’s the Pacific Ocean and all; I know you’d like to see it. Maybe we could get a small piece of land out there, to start? Have those dozen kids Angel was talking about and raise them someplace fresh and new? Where no one knows us and we can start over?”

“Oh, Will,” Buffy gushed excitedly, “I’d love to go to California. I do have an aunt out there, my mother’s sister, Aunt Jocelyn. She’s a widow, William and I bet she could find us a nice place; something perfect for us!”


A/N: Okay, a ton of writer’s block here so this fiction took way too long to update. I’m really having a hard time finishing up and continuing my WIP’s. The Holidays always overwhelm me and I had to take an extra day off (today) to wind down!

Anyway, there was a hint for a future plotline in this chapter. The posse is indeed closing in on our guys. I wanted to write a little more history about Angel, Xander and Riley into this chapter but decided to cut it short. Also, next chapter, there will be a scene from Redemption involving perhaps Joyce, Lorne Deverson and maybe even Caleb?

Thank you for reading and please review. This story is getting closer to the end, I promise, spufette.