Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the last lost chapter; I will definitely be posting Chapter 9 tonight.
Thank you.
REDEMPTION


Chapter 8: ‘Consequences’


Summary: All kinds of consequences, for some of our characters, are referred to here.

Buffy admits some things to Spike, which pleases him, a lot.

Caleb gets drunk and broods, revealing his dark, sadistic inner personality.

Jesse and Robin return from a town nearby, to reveal some startling news to the gang.


Warning: This is not a truly dark chapter, however, some of Caleb’s inner demons are exposed. Rape is referred to, but it does not actually happen in this chapter.


Chapter 8:



Buffy felt William’s lips on her own and just melted into his kiss. She had never, ever been kissed like this, at least not like this and enjoyed it so very much.

The truth was, that Buffy was enjoying every second of this kiss that was unlike any other she had ever had before. Without thinking of the consequences, Buffy wrapped her left arm around his shoulder, and rested her right hand on the back of his neck. Apparently, Will took this as a go ahead sign to continue his onslaught.

William kissed her as if was worshipping her mouth with his own, only pausing to come up for air. It was when his lips slipped away from hers and trailed down her neck that Buffy became truly aware of just what really was going on here. Especially when one of his large hands ‘accidentally’ brushed her blouse covered right breast, lightly of course.

“Mmmm, Buffy,” Spike purred into the soft, sweet flesh of this girl’s warm neck. “So sweet, so dear and…”

“Stop!” Buffy cried as she pulled away from him.

“Stop?” Spike gasped, a little more then stunned by this sudden turn in Buffy’s behavior.

“Stop,” Buffy repeated her voice just slightly calmer then a moment before.

She leapt up from William’s lap and scrambled back away from him. “I, I didn’t mean for that to happen,” Buffy whispered shyly, unable to meet Will’s blue-eyed gaze.

“You kissed me,” he mumbled softly, “you kissed me and I heard music and everything went kind of cloudy. When you kissed me that is.” His expression was of disappointment, but his tone was accusing.

“I know,” Buffy sighed guiltily, “I did kiss you first. But it was to comfort you Will, not to start some kissing thingy and all. I…”

“Comfort me?” Spike stood up from his chair and closed the gap between Buffy and himself. “Why would you want to comfort me, Princess?” He asked with a raised brow; his arms crossed in front of him. Now, he was more suspicious then anything else.

Before Buffy could answer, William reached over and placed a finger under her chin. He brought Buffy’s face up, so that her green eyes could meet his. With his head tilted to one side, he stated rather then asked in his deep timbre: “Connor, he told you, didn’t he?”

Buffy winced at the question, but did not look away from this handsome outlaw. She nodded, briefly, but then quickly caught Will’s arm with her right hand.

“Do not be cross with Connor, please Will,” she whimpered. “I made the boy tell me. I wanted to know, I mean I needed to know about you, your father and a lot of things. He loves you so much, Connor does. You must know how he looks up to you, his brother and your father. Please do not take it out on the boy. I am begging you, Will,” she implored desperately.

Spike swallowed hard and took a deep, necessary breath before he answered this golden girl. As much as he wanted to be angry at young Connor, a part of him was pleased that the boy had told Buffy some about his own past. Besides, Buffy had called him ‘Will’ again and that always tugged at his heart; made his stomach to the most pleasant flip-flop.

‘She wanted to know about me,’ he surmised, hopefully. ‘If she wanted to know about all that, then she must have a good reason, right?’

“Okay,” Spike sighed heavily, noting the look of relief in Buffy’s beautiful green eyes. “I guess if you persuaded the boy then I can’t fault him. You could persuade me to sell my soul to Satan himself.”

He finished with a derisive chuckle, but Buffy chose to overlook that. Frankly, she was just relieved that William would not go after his cousin and admonish the boy for revealing the family secrets.

“He did not say so much,” Buffy spoke in a hushed voice. “Just enough to give me a fair idea of what drives you and your father to do the things you do.” She looked away from the blond man, too embarrassed, and sympathetic to meet his heated gaze any longer.
After all, William appeared to be a very proud man and it would do no good to make him feel weak by overdoing the sympathy thing.


“So you kissed me, to give me comfort?” Spike asked, trying to mask his disappointment. He had hoped that the girl was coming around and…

“Yes and no,” Buffy murmured, pulling back from him. She began to pace about the room, while William stood stock still in place.

“I guess it started as comfort,” she hesitated, suddenly very bashful about the whole kissing thing. “Then it kind of got to be a test?”

“A test?” Spike asked, incredulously. “A bloody test of what?” He hissed, suddenly not so bashful, but rather more peeved at this little blond minx.

“I wanted to know something,” Buffy replied reluctantly. By this time, she had placed herself a good distance from William. Her back was against the bedroom wall as she eyed him, warily.

“And that was?” William inquired through gritted teeth. Buffy noticed that his large hands were clenched by his sides and his jaw seemed quite rigid.

“I needed to know if, when you and I kissed,” she began quietly, focusing her stare on a loose floorboard. “I guess I needed to know if when I kissed you, that I felt those tingly feelings, like before. Like I did when we first saw each other at church. You know, last Sunday and all.”

Buffy felt like she was going to just die of shame, right there on the bedroom floor. However, she was savvy enough to know that desperate times called for desperate measures. Right now? Buffy was in the most desperate place of her lifetime.

“And?” Spike asked tenderly, but with that smirk of his. “Just what did you find out?” He felt his whole body relax as he watched for his love’s reaction.

“I am afraid that I truly do have those tingly feelings for you, William,” Buffy sighed sadly. “It was not just a passing fancy, as I had hoped it might be and…”

Spike nearly sprung at Buffy, closing the few feet between them instantly. When he reached her, he flung his arms about her tiny frame and pulled her close to his excited body.

“Oh Buffy,” he sighed, happily. “I had hoped that I read you right, but now? It’s like a dream come true. I do love…”

“Wait!” Buffy squealed loudly, appalled when she heard the loud laughter from the other room. Evidently, the men in the next room could hear some of their private conversation and it mortified her.

“You just wait one minute there, William,” she ordered harshly, blocking him with her upraised hands. “I said I had those tingly feelings for you, like you say you have for me. I never said we would, or should act on them!”

Spike didn’t know if he wanted to kiss the girl, or maybe choke the life out of her! God, she was such an unsure, contradictory little vixen; with her emerald eyes and pouty pink mouth and the look of an angel to her!

“Why shouldn’t we act on our feelings,” Spike whined loudly. He was instantly ashamed of sounding like such a whiny little nancy boy. “Why not,” he repeated quietly, in a more manly manner now.

“Because William,” Buffy sighed sadly, “I am still quite engaged to Caleb Montgomery. I am not the kind of girl to play fast and loose with one man, while still betrothed to another.”

“Oh, right,” Spike snorted. “So tell me, Princess,” he continued sarcastically, “where’s the garish ring that you were sportin’ the other day. The one your so-called fiancé gave you?”

He finished by grasping Buffy’s tiny hand and pulling it up to confirm her now bare ring finger. Spike just relished the lost little girl look on Buffy’s pretty face. For some reason, it bemused him to see this little tough-talking angel at a loss for words.

“Well,” Buffy hmphed indignantly, “I was on my way to telling Caleb that I as calling off our betrothal, but some brute of an outlaw abducted me away from my home and family before I could!” She stamped her booted foot and pushed William back away from her with a frustrated growl.

‘I have to get out of here. Away from him,’ she told herself. She pushed past him and headed for the door on the other side of the room.

“Don’t you walk off from me, girly!” Spike hissed as he hurried to clasp Buffy’s slim arm, roughly. “We need to talk about this.”

“Why?” Buffy snarled back when he spun her around to face him. “Whether I am engaged to Caleb, or anyone at all, it makes no difference William. You are an outlaw, wanted by the law. It does not matter if it was that Graham who shot Sheriff Wilkens or not. If he dies, the law will hang you all, once they catch up to you. There is no fixing this problem, Will,” she finished sorrowfully; heart cracking, just a little.

“Were you calling off your wedding to Montgomery, because of me?” Spike asked hopefully, instead of commenting on Buffy’s sad but true statement.

“Maybe,” Buffy whispered in her girlish tone, again looking down at the floor. “Maybe not. Oh, I don’t know Will. I only know that I never had these tingly feelings when Caleb, or any boy for that matter, kissed me like you did. I am so confused and you just make me more so! Regardless,” she muttered, “tingles or not, for either of us? This, this thing between us cannot go anywhere. Of that I am sure.”

Buffy suddenly flung herself on the bed and began to weep, quietly. This only succeeded in making Spike feel like complete shit by now. He sat down, carefully, next to his Buffy on the bed and placed his right arm about her slim shoulders.

“I don’t want you to cry, kitten,” he cooed tenderly. “I like your laughter, much more then your tears, sweet. Oh, God, please don’t cry Buffy.” Spike pulled her little body into his and snuggled his forehead into her neck again.

“Such a little thing,” he whispered gently. “So tiny and frail, but that’s not true, is it, kitten? You’re as strong as iron my sweet Buffy.” Without thinking much, Spike lay back on the bed and pulled Buffy with him; more then a little stunned when she cuddled into his side.”

“I am so very tired,” Buffy whimpered into his shoulder; sniffling just a bit as she said it. “Feel as if I could sleep for a month,” she murmured.

“Then sleep, sweetheart,” Spike murmured back. “I’ll lay here with you, if that’s okay. Watch you while you sleep and make sure you’re all right. Is that okay, sweet?”

His only answer was the low, soft purr of Buffy’s mewls of rest. Spike brushed back a damp lock of her golden hair from her cheek and gazed at his sleeping beauty.

‘She cares for me, Buffy does,’ he assured himself. ‘Might take a while, days, weeks or months,’ he continued his mood suddenly much lighter. ‘But she’ll come around; show her true feelings, sometime. Someday.’


‘Meanwhile back on Caleb Montgomery’s farm!’


Caleb Montgomery was not a happy man, at least at the present time. He was laying on his huge, lonely bed, a half-empty bottle of whiskey in his large right hand. As he took another swig from the bottle, he thought back to what Hank Summers had told him earlier:

“I don’t think you should go with us.” Hank had stammered, nervously, after Caleb had demanded to go with the posse to track down the monsters who’d taken his Elizabeth.

“Elizabeth is my fiancé, Hank!” Caleb had nearly roared in shock back at the older man. “Of course I’ll be going!”

That’s when that ridiculous marshal from Lincoln had interrupted them. “Mr. Montgomery, I think Mr. Summers here has something he needs to discuss with you, in private?”

The fool of a lawman had, Caleb noted, glanced over at Hank, rather anxiously. Apparently, Hank had told this idiot Merrick the whole truth before he even bothered to tell Caleb himself.

Elizabeth had intended to break off their engagement! Hank finally took Caleb into another room, away from nosy strangers and broke the news to him.

It was all lies, of course, Caleb was sure of that. Why would Elizabeth ever break it off with him? Caleb knew he was the best catch in the whole territory and Lizzie was not stupid. On the contrary, she was very smart; well educated and well read. A girl of extremely good breeding, or at least he thought she was.

Caleb took another swig of his whisky and frowned sourly. “The little bitch. Miss high and mighty Elizabeth Summers, belle of Nebraska,” he hissed, slurring his words slightly. “Thinks because she got a case of cold feet that she’s gettin’ away from me that easily. Not likely,” he growled as he took two large drinks straight from the bottle.

“I’ve waited for two years to get Elizabeth Summers in my bed and I’m not letting her go now,” he reasoned vocally. “She’s mine; always has been. I don’t give a fuck why she wanted to leave me, or break our engagement. She belongs to me and always will.”

A thought struck Caleb’s liquor addled brain, and even he wasn’t sure if he liked the idea, or hated it.

‘That outlaw, Spike,’ he thought, suspiciously, ‘he’s already had his way with my poor girl, no doubt. Forced himself on her, I’ll reckon.’ Caleb felt the not unwanted stirrings of his cock, underneath his trousers.

While he hated the idea of any man ‘touching’ his pure Elizabeth before him, Caleb did find the vision of her being ‘taken’ against her will rather arousing. He reached down and began to stroke his cock roughly, trying to get some release for his straining erection.

“I bet she screamed and cried, she did,” he said harshly, finishing the bottle quickly. “Must have begged and pleaded for him not to force her, ruin her. Ruined she is,” Caleb surmised as he rubbed his cock even harder. “Yeah, he groaned loudly, she's surely spoiled beyond repair, probably by the whole bunch of brutes that took her. When she gets back to Redemption? Elizabeth’ll be beggin’ me to take her back and let me do anything I choose to her. No other man will want her, spoiled as she must be.”

Caleb finished getting his release as he envisioned his beautiful, naked Elizabeth, bent over a bed, or table; the outlaws lined up to take their turn with her. Although it should have enraged him, beyond control, somehow it excited him. How many times had he dreamed of doing this very thing to Elizabeth? But Caleb had other plans for his little fiancé; even more exciting and pleasurable then just taking her from behind, like an animal.

Yes, Elizabeth, when she was returned to him, would be begging for Caleb to do the right thing and marry her. Save her, he would, but not before he punished her, severely for ever thinking of breaking their engagement.

Because even if Elizabeth had had the good fortune to persuade those fiends that took her not to force themselves on her? She would not be so lucky with Caleb Montgomery when she returned to him.

How many times had he, Caleb, had to fight the overwhelming urge to force himself on his pure little Elizabeth.
After this traitorous act on her part? Caleb would teach the treacherous little bitch a lesson she’d never forget; everyday of their sweet wedded life together.

The fact was, Caleb enjoyed violence in bed, when the woman was the victim of it, that is. He’d discovered this little secret about himself when he’d gone to Lincoln, on business, and stumbled into Willie’s Saloon there. There was a particularly tough little whore there, in Lincoln, by the name of Faith. The girl was more then happy to accommodate Caleb’s oddly violent sexual habits.

Caleb had always intended on taking full advantage of Elizabeth’s lush, golden body, in a violent way that is. Once they’d married, of course, and she totally belonged to him.

Before this, Caleb was well aware that his woman would balk at the abnormal ways he got physical release. Now? Lizzie, as he called her, would be more then happy to take anything Caleb could dish out to her, physically; she would have no choice.


Spike gazed at Buffy while she slept, delighting in her soft, kitten mewls of sleep. He was to content at the moment; that was it, content. Buffy trusted him enough to lay down next to him, fully clothed maybe, but still? She had fallen asleep in his arms, confident that he would not take advantage of her, harm her in any way.

That had been an hour ago, and Spike decided he needed a cigarette, badly. He reluctantly disentangled Buffy from his arms, careful not to wake her up.

Quietly he slipped out of the bedroom door and headed into the kitchen, where he could hear the various voices of some of the other men. When he got into the kitchen, Spike was greeted by smirks, whistles and loud laughs.

“The little skirt finally give it up then Spike?” Graham grunted.

“Fuck off,” Spike hissed at the asshole. “Buffy’s not that kind of girl and she’s certainly not a little skirt. She’s a beautiful, brilliant young woman who happens to be…”

“Spike’s in love,” Holden chuckled loudly, causing everyone else present to burst out in raucous laughter. Suddenly, Angel came bursting through the door and strode up to his cousin. Angel was not laughing, Spike noticed, he was frowning.

“We’ve got to get the hell out of here, now!” Angel blurted as he glanced about the kitchen at the others. “Jesse and Robin just got back from some hell hole in Wyoming; Burns, just by the border.”

“Anyone know anything about a Marshal Merrick, from Lincoln? Or an Indian tracker, by the name of Samual something or other?” Angel asked the questions, anxiously, which stunned Spike somewhat. His cousin was usually very calm, even under bad circumstances.

“I know Samual,” Riley replied somberly, “his name is Samual Lightfoot. He’s one of my mother’s people and the best fucking tracker in the States. If he’s leading the way? He’ll find us blindfolded, that’s for sure.”

“Let’s just leave the little skirt here,” Graham offered with an indifferent shrug. “Spike’ll have to forget about his dick and leave the girl behind. She’ll be safe enough and this posse will find her fast, right?”

“I’m not leaving Buffy behind,” Spike growled through clenched teeth. “She’s comin’ with us if I have to…”

“Don’t bother Spike,” Angel grabbed his cousin’s arm when the blond tried to get to Graham. “We can’t leave Buffy behind now, even if we wanted to. Which I know Spike doesn’t.” For the first time in minutes, the big dark headed outlaw grinned.

Angel then glared at Graham, angrily, “you know Graham,” he hissed at the taller man. “I should have blown your brains out, last year. That stunt you pulled back in Fort Wayne, Indiana? It nearly cost us three men. If you hadn’t saved Darla and me in St. Louis…” Angel didn’t finish, just glared at Graham.

“Like I said, we can’t leave Miss Summers behind now, even if Spike would let us. Which, again; he won’t. The sheriff in Redemption didn’t make it. It’s all over the wires; he died last night. Because of you, asshole,” Angel snarled at Graham, “we’re all wanted for murder. Buffy is our insurance now and she’s goin’ with us, no matter what. A posse won’t shoot to kill any of us with Buffy riding along with us. They’ll at least catch us all first, then hang us good and proper!”

“Bloody fucking hell!” Spike swore loudly, as did the others, who then turned to glare at Graham. “You are a worthless piece of shit, Graham!” Spike hissed at the taller, larger man, angrily.

Graham flinched, but made no move to attack Spike, which was just as well. He’d have been shot before he got a foot closer to the angry blond outlaw. Not one of the gang cared at all for Graham, but they respected Spike. Their loyalty was to Angel’s cousin over anyone else, except their leader that is.

“I’ll go get Buffy up,” Spike sighed heavily, deciding silently not to tell her about Sheriff Wilkens' passing. The poor girl had a rough enough road ahead of her without being more upset.

Without saying another word, Spike took a deep breath and headed into the bedroom. The others began to scurry about, packing what they could before they had to run, once again.


A/N: I hope this was enough Spuffyness, at least for now. It’s 1876 and I’m afraid that Buffy isn’t going to give in to Spike right off, however, it is Spuffy, so…

Thanks for reading, please review, spufette.