Author's Chapter Notes:
My heart is seriously hurting right now because of some guy that I don't even feel like dealing with this. I don't even know if anyone is even that interested in it anymore, but I'm not far from the end. I never leave a story unfinished anyway. If you guys are still reading, I hope this chapter doesn't completely suck. Reviews would really help ease my pain!
Chapter 9

Spike was lying in his bed later that night with Buffy next to him, her head on his chest.

“I think I should have stopped after that second bowl of ice cream. My stomach is seriously hurting.”

Spike gently rubbed her belly. “I warned you.”

“Tell me something I don’t know. I just hate this. I have to worry about my dad and deal with school on top of that. I should have so gotten a vacation. You got to take the week off.”

Spike didn’t have to see her face to know that she was pouting. “I have to go back to work tomorrow. I won’t be able to look after you as much as I would like.”

Buffy lifted her head up. “I’ll be fine, I know the drill. I don’t go anywhere while you’re gone, and I don’t let anyone in. Oh, unless a hot delivery guy shows up.” She laughed as Spike moved on top of her, pinning her arms above her head.

“You will not let anyone in here, understand?”

Buffy looked into his eyes and nodded.

He then moved off of her.

She rested her head back on his chest. “That was kinda sexy. You getting all jealous like that.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “I was not jealous. I just want to make sure you’re safe. Maybe you should come to the station after school. You can see what goes on there.”

Buffy had to roll her eyes this time. “Please, I’ve been going there since I was ten. I used to love it when I was younger. I grew out of that phase.”

Spike ran his fingers through her long tresses. “Ever since your mum died?”

She nodded. “It didn’t seem so cool anymore after that.”

Spike knew how she felt.

She suddenly had tears streaming down her face.

Spike used his thumb to wipe one away.

“I don’t know what I would do if I lost him, too. He should be here with me. It’s not fair.”

Spike wrapped his arms around the fragile girl and let her cry into his chest. He rubbed her back in comfort. “He will come back to you,” he whispered to her. “You have to believe that, Buffy.” He noticed that she started to calm down a little. He figured that no more words needed to be said and just continued to hold her until she fell asleep.


* * * * *


Buffy was hanging with her friends at the Bronze the next night. Spike had to work late and she promised to stay with her group at all times, so he wouldn’t have to worry about her going without him. He eventually gave in and agreed. She loved how overprotective he could be at times, but she still needed her own space. It was nice to just hang out with her friends and not worry about anything, even if it was only for one night. She would go back to worrying about her father tomorrow. She was busy dancing the night away and went back to join her friends once the song ended.

“I need a drink.”

Willow handed her a coke because everyone knew that Buffy couldn’t handle alcohol.

She took a long sip and sat down next to Xander.

“So, I’m surprised the babysitter let you out. Aren’t you guys joined at the hip or something?” he said and got a smack in the head from Anya. “Hey, what was that for?” He rubbed the spot where she hit him.

“That was for being an idiot. And you say I don’t know when to shut up.”

Xander shrugged and looked at Buffy. “What did I say?”

Buffy sighed. “He’s not my babysitter, Xander. I’m only staying with him until my dad comes back.”

Xander nodded and didn’t say anything else about it.

They were all quiet after that, until Tara spoke up.

“I think you guys look good together,” she said suddenly and noticed everyone’s gaze now on her. She blushed under their stares. “You and Spike. I think you look good together. He...He seems to really like you.”

Buffy smiled at the shy girl, who was Willow’s girlfriend. “Thank you, Tara.”

She smiled as well.

They all talked some more and did more dancing, until Buffy decided to call it a night.

“I think I’m gonna head out now. Getting kinda tired,” she told them and stood up.

Willow looked concerned. “You want one of us to go with you? You probably shouldn’t walk by yourself.”

Buffy shook her head. “I’ll be fine, Will. I’m a big girl and it’s not that far. As long as you guys promise not to tell Spike.”

They all agreed, even though they were still worried about her going by herself.

Buffy just gave them a smile. “Okay, I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” she said, then walked out of the club.


* * * * *


Buffy took the long way home because the short cut could sometimes be dangerous; humming a little while she walked. She suddenly felt a chill and rubbed her arms, wishing that she didn’t forget her jacket. She continued to walk, when she suddenly heard a noise behind her. She turned around and didn’t see anything. She shrugged it off and figured it was nothing. She decided to walk faster because she was getting a bad feeling and just wanted to make it safely back to Spike’s apartment. She stopped again and turned around when she heard another sound. That was all Buffy could take.

“Hello? Is someone there?” she asked no one in particular. She was really starting to freak out, when someone then came up behind her and wrapped their arms around her waist. She couldn’t scream because she felt a cloth cover her mouth. She was getting dizzy and soon passed out. The last thing she heard was a low chuckle.

The man put the cloth with the chloroform back in his pocket and picked the girl up, throwing her over his shoulder. He walked over to a black van and opened the side door, laying her down inside. He got a twisted look on his face and caressed her cheek. “We’re going to have some fun.” He closed the door and got in on his side, then started the car and drove away. Thoughts going around in his head of all the fun he would have with the beautiful girl.