Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry that I haven't updated in a really long time, but my pc blew up and it took me longer than I expected to get a working one lined up to use. I didn't get a chance to post chappie 13 so here it goes, I hope you like. If you do you know what to do *wink* I'm also starting work on chappie 14, and to keep up to date with me visit my LJ.
A/N Warning contains some issues with attempted rape.

A/N 2) Sorry about the lack of updating got busy with RL. Working on chapter 14 now.

*************

Chapter 13: Ain't No Sunshine


The weekend seemed to fly bye to quickly for Buffy’s taste. And being in a house full of Angel left no room for smoochies with Spike. Grant it they weren’t at “official” couple-age, but hey it was a start, besides all the pre couple sex of course. But there were a few things Buffy needed to trifle through before she finally, truly, admitted to herself that she desired something more with Spike.

At lest someone in the family got some quality time in with their significant other. Joyce had come home late Sunday night, all chipper and relaxed, which normally wasn’t their mom. Both siblings made “ick” faces as they greeted their parental unit.

“So I take it everything went fine here?” Joyce asked looking around the living room for any trace of a wild party, like the last time she left then alone.

“Yup, just peachy. Ate lots of junk, which I might add I’ll be working off for the next week. Watched many sappy movies, it was fun. Even got Angel and Spike to agree to make over time.”

Buffy replied thrusting her brother’s fuchsia covered nails into their mother’s face. The elder Summers woman couldn’t help but laugh, taking on the highly annoyed face of her son.

Snatching his hand away Angel glared at his sister, “That’s why it’s coming off tonight. Glad you’re home mom.”

Planting a small kiss on Joyce’s cheek Angel turned headed towards his room, intent on removing that girly color from his fingers.

“Well I better head off to bed as well. Wouldn’t want to mess up my last days of academic attendance now do I.”

Buffy said while hugging her mother good night.

“No we wouldn’t.” Joyce replied with a small smile tugging at her lips. It was real, her baby was going to be graduating high school, and attending college next fall. Joyce knew this day would come, and she figured she’d be ready for it. But now that the time was at hand, she found herself wishing Buffy was still in diapers.

“Oh, that reminds me. I forgot to tell you before I left for the weekend. You have a doctors appointment tomorrow after school.”

Stopping her ascent up the stairs Buffy turned back around to face her mother.

“What for, and with who?” She questioned raising a brow.

“Your OB, Dr. Deluca.”

‘Don’t panic Buffy play it cool.’ “What for?” She cursed herself, why did her voice do that squeaky mouse thingy, and what was up with her face starting to turn a deep crimson. There was no way her doctor told her mom, right.

“Call me over protective…,” Joyce sighed placing her hand on her hip. “but with you starting college, and the temptations that it presents. I just rather you play it safe than sorry. So you’re going to be placed on a birth control pill, that’s all.”

Buffy stood there mouth gaping open, hands folded over her chest, and eyes blinking at an astonishing rate. Did her mother just go there, did she just tell her she was placing her on the pill? Wait back up; “temptations” was Joyce Summers labeling her sweet virtuous. Ok, well not one hundred percent virtuous but still, “virtuous” daughter of being a boy crazy horn ball?

Finally finding her voice, “Mom, I am so not going to be boinking every boy on campus! I haven’t had sex with anyone since Riley. And are you implying that I would be even entertaining the though!”

‘Ops’ Buffy mentally slapped herself in the head. “So wasn’t a complete lie, but still.’

“Buffy please such language, “boinking” how vulgar is that, really. A woman should never speak like that. And Riley! Elizabeth Ann Summers, just when did you plan on sharing this information with me? Do you see why I’ve arranged this appointment? Heaven forbid if anything would have come of your tryst with him. You couldn’t even tell me you two were intimate.”

Ok this was going no where fast, and why was Buffy’s mom starting to sound like Giles with the whole “how vulgar is that, really”, hello over bearing British speech.

Sighing the young blonde slumped her shoulders forward in defeat. “I’m sorry, and it was stupid of me not to come to you mom. I should have told you at the time. But it’s a chapter of my life that I would like to close and not re-hatch, so trying to repress, kay? I’ll go after school, no worries.”

Watching her daughter’s expression, Joyce decided not to push the issue. Smiling she walked over to the stairs rising until she was standing on the lower step just below Buffy.

“Don’t worry sweetie, we’ll talk when you’re ready. You better head off to bed, I’ll see you in the morning.”

The two hugged and mother placed a small kiss atop of her daughter’s soft golden locks.

****************************


That was the last of it, as Buffy tossed the pile of garbage from her locker into the large trash bin, in the middle of the hallway. The seniors spent the day cleaning out their lockers, returning books, find out if they owed money for ruined school property, etc. Turning to head back to her locker to retrieve her things Buffy suddenly found her view filled with Cordelia Chase.

With an irritated sigh the blonde crossed her arms over her chest glaring at her nemesis.

“I’m not here to start anything with you Buffy,” the brunette waited to see if she could finish.

“I’m having a pre-graduation party this weekend and I wanted to invite you… personally. “ She finished laying Buffy a thousand watt smile.

“What’s your angle Cordy?” She asked skeptically, and she had all right to be, it wasn’t as if she and Cordelia were the best of friends any more.

“Nothing, no angle at all. Gee, Summers, you’d think you’d know if someone was trying to be civil with you. And I really would like you to attend.”

They had been friends for far to long, and Buffy knew when Cordelia was lying, but she wasn’t this time. She was truly swallowing her pride asking her ex-best friend to attend a party she was hosting.

Relaxing her stance Buffy placed her hands on her hips, “Ok, I’ll come… but I’m brining Willow and Tara.”

Now it was time for Crody to sigh.

“Fine, if it will get you to come… please bring your grubby little friends. But don’t expect me to speak to them.”

“I wouldn’t except anything less from you Cordelia.”

With that Buffy gave a small smile, returned to her locker to gather her mini black backpack and her gym shorts, which she though were forever lost and headed home… or a doctor’s office.

************************

Walking down the street in deep thought Buffy was still running over her conversation with her mother. She still couldn’t believe that her mom would even entertain the thought that she’d go boy crazy in college, please, has she seen any of the boys who attended UC Sunnydale… ewww!

So caught up in her musing, Buffy didn’t notice the car the pulled up beside her.

“Hey squirt, why are you not home yet?”

“Huh, oh, had stuff to do.” Buffy said walking over to the Chevy, swinging open the door she plopped down into the passenger set.

Angel glanced over his shoulder looking for on coming traffic then pulled back onto the street. The two sat in a comfortable silence listening to the radio as “Candy Shop” by 50 cents played. Buffy buckled herself in.

“You know for someone who’s in a rock band your taste in music varies.”

“Yeah, one mustn’t limit himself, he must reach to other pleasures,” he finished with a smirk.

“Please spare me.” Buffy rolled her eyes looking out the passenger side window.

“So you never did tell me what you were doing walking from down town.”

“Had to go to the doctors. Mom got it in her head that I’d become ‘unleashed’ once I transition into college life.”

He crinkled his brow at her reply, not sure what to make of it.

Buffy sighed pushing her hair behind an ear, “She made me get on the pill.”

The air filled with the bellow of Angel’s laugh, Buffy sat there glaring at him.

“And what’s so funny, huh?”

“Oh, that’s just… hooo…” After a few more moments of laughter the brunette was able to contain himself.

“That’s typical mom, you know that. But I can’t believe she would think little Buffy would go all super slut come college.”

“Please, that job is already filled by Darla.” Buffy snapped crossing her arms over her chest.

“Hey, you take that back.”

“Why, cause Darla’s virtue is so needed defending. She and Drusilla have been neck to neck since middle school.”

“She’s changed, and if you’d give her a chance you’d see that Buffy.”

“Don’t Buffy me, Angel! I can’t give her a chance, I just don’t like her, and she rubs me the wrong way. And you so better not be getting serious with her.”

Sighing Angel gripped the steering wheel, “We have something… it’s comfortable.”

“Ok, stop right there. So not wanting to have this conversation with you about Darla. Someone else, like sweet, wholesome and demure yes, but Darla, no. A whole world of no. But let’s face it, you and wholesome so not happening.”

“Gee, thanks Buffy in your vote of confidence, it make’s a world of difference.”

*************************

Tuesday was a slow day at school, but the seniors had a half-day so that was defiantly of the good. So Buffy was seriously looking forward to the alone time once she got home. Her mom was all with the weepy, whipping gout old photo albums of Buffy as a baby. Joyce had been crying all Monday evening saying how fast children grew, gee wasn’t she the one pushing for the pill.

Deep in thought Buffy opened the kitchen door, ‘What’s that smell?’

The kitchen was filling with a thick dark smoke, which was pouring from the oven.

“What the hell? And what’s with the smoke alarm not going off?”

Buffy yelled as Angel and Spike dashed into the room. Angel ripped the oven door open grabbing a dishtowel to remove the cookie sheet from the oven, then tossing it onto the counter.

“Open up the bloody door Buffy!”

“Huh? Ok, yeah, right.” Buffy pulled open the door fanning the smoke out, which really didn’t help much.

“What are you two doing? And you do know mom’s going to be pissed about a smoke filled, stinky kitchen.”

“Yeah, well, we’ll get it cleaned up.”

She walked over to the counter looking at the black, smoldering chunks on the try.

“And her backing sheet. Hello, majorly piss worthy.” Scrunching up her nose she sniffed the black stuff.

“Cookies. Peaches wanted cookies.”

“Oh, and you guys thought you could channel Kebbler Elf why?”

“Ha, ha, very funny Buffy. No, we forgot, got busy on the computer.” Angel retorted folding his arms over his chest. He took great offence to his sister’s statement, did she not know he passed home economics with flying colors in middle school. He was after all the bake off king, hello!

“Anyway, why are you here? Do you guys ever go to school majoring in anything, or is that a metaphor to you? And eww, like I want to know what got you all engrossed on the internet!”

“One,” the brunette held one finger in the air, “I live here, my house, I can come and go as I please. Two, yes we do, summer break started yesterday. And I’m thinking of becoming a private investigator. And three, you’re right you wouldn’t want to know… or would you.”

Spike couldn’t help the snort that followed the suspicious look Angel cast towards Buffy, or the “eww” look she was sporting in return.

“Oh yeah, right. Like I can so see you doing investigative work, and what Spike would be your partner.”

“Hey it could happen, and what’s wrong with him being my partner.”

“Pifftt, okay. Yeah, you could open an office in LA, name it Angels Investigations, and to top it all off Cordelia could be your secretary. That’s as believable as if I was some super hero chosen to save mankind, and slay creatures that go bump in the night. And eww, NO! I don’t want to see your smutty smut porn site. Gross much!”

************************


Wednesday was an extremely slow day at school, and Thursday wasn’t much the same, each teacher gave the seniors a small party with cake and snack foods. Pictures were snapped, tears shed, classmates signing each other’s yearbooks. It was ok; Buffy was stuffed, too much junk food, so not of the good.

Friday was the last day for the upper classmen, the last time Buffy would grace these hall ways, well not exactly since she still had to graduate but still. For scholastic education, she was no longer required to attend Sunnydale High. Taking one last look around she found herself swatting at a single tear that spilled from the corner of her eye. Four years of fun, heart ach, turmoil, cram sessions, four years of teenaged high jinks.

“I wonder if Angel felt this way? Nah, he was probably happy he could move on to college co-eds.” Buffy said as Willow, Tara, Faith, Gunn, and Oz came to her side.

“Don’t I know it! Have you been crying?”

Willow asked, her eyes giving away the signs that she had been crying too. Her red-rimmed eyes almost matched her hair. Tara placed a comforting hand on the redhead’s shoulder, rubbing it lightly to easy her mind.

“Yup, this is it. Say good-bye to this institution. What? Well it is, come on B, you agree?”

Buffy laughed linking her arm in Faith’s, and wrapping her other arm around Willow’s waist. Giving them both a wink they all started walking for the school’s front doors. Tara was holding Willow’s free hand as Gunn and Oz followed the girls from behind.

Stepping outside onto the steps all four girls turned smiling at each other.

“You can lock us in a building. You can make us eat funky meals. But you can’t take our freedom!”

They shouted in unison with horrible Scottish accents, then burst into a fit of giggles.

“Now it’s time to get ready to party!”

*********************

And Cordelia Chase knew how to throw a party indeed. Anyone and everyone was there, minus the geeks and the nerds, since clearly they were two different factions within the school hierarchy, and just because one was graduating so didn’t mean they could come to party. Graduating seniors as well as college kids were present and having a good time.

So since it was inevitable that both Spike and Angel would be there, Buffy road with them to Cordy’s house. After parking Buffy jumped out of the car calling over her shoulder, “See you guys in side.”

Pushing past the door she weaved through the throng of bodies only to come face to face with her ex-best friend. The brunette’s face light with excitement and she encased the petite blonde in a smothering hug.

“You came. Really Buffy I didn’t think you’d show, because, hello, so like you.”

“Yeah well what can I say? Free food, free drinks… of the non alcohol-y type, and dancing, wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

And like that they had formed a small truce, maybe just maybe Cordelia finally took her advice and removed those ‘rose’ colored glasses, and decided to grow up just a bit. Scanning the crowd Buffy spotted Willow and Gunn her feet taking her to join them.

“Hey Buffy. Oh don’t you look nice, I love the skirt, it’s so leathery and it sparkles.”

“Thanks Wills, not to shabby yourself! Hey Gunn!”

“Sup? Buffy.”

“I’m just peachy. Oh Angel and Spike are here so if you get bored hanging out with us you can always bail.”

Willow rested her arm on Buffy’s shoulder whispering in her ear, so she could hear over the music.

“I still can’t believe Cordelia let you invite me and Tara. Because her being charitable is way wiggy.”

“Tell me about, and we came to this whole truce thing too. Wonder what brought on the change of heart?”

Buffy mentally made a note to keep her eye on the cheerleader; maybe she went off the deep end, not removing the glasses after all.

The party was in full swing an hour later, more teens and young adults showed up and the mansion was packed. Tara and Oz showed up, and Faith, Drusilla, and Darla made an appearance as well. And way was Buffy not surprised that loony bird made a B line for one bleached sexy idiot. But she did, and she was seething with jealousy, “Stupid pregnant psycho ho hanging all over Spike!”

She watched as Drusilla practically molded herself to Spike’s side, and she could just imagine her cooing babblings into his ear. Spike would inch away and she would follow.

“Spike, my sweet Spike, why haven’t you come to bring me presents?” Drusilla pouted looking up at him with her “wounded” puppy look.

Sighing Spike looked down at her, he remembered a time when that look would have had him on his knees to make everything better in her world again. But now it did nothing but piss him off, and how easily he let her manipulate him.

“Cause Dru we’re not together any more. So no I don’t bring you presents.”

“But mummy misses her dark prince.”

“Well maybe it’s time for Dru to find a new dark prince,” he said taking a pull on his cup of “punch”.


‘Hello, so not a couple so stop making with the green eyed monster,’ inner Buffy spat. Buffy scrunched her nose rolling her eyes trying to pry her them off of the former couple.

“Hey B. How’s it hang in?”

“Just fine, and now that Dru and Darla showed up, my fun can really began.” Faith smirked grabbing Buffy by the hand.

“Come on let’s dance.”

The two moved to the dance “floor” just as “Hot in Herre” by Nelly began to play.

The two started dancing, resembling their forms from the night at the Bronze, and once again Angel started to freak.

“See! Do you not see! What is wrong with this picture? Hum, can someone tell me please?”

“Seriously Peaches, leave Buffy alone. She’s havin’ fun.”

“So says you, so that makes it ok. Your country allows nude commercials.”

Angel watched and Willow approached Buffy whispering something in her ear.

“And I’m taking it you suspect them too, yeah?” Spike questioned with a smirk, “Guess she’s shovin’ her tongue in Buffy’s ear.”

Glaring at his soon to be ex-friend if he kept that up and folded his arms over his chest,“ Very funny Spike. You’re just chalked full of merriment aren’t you.”

Buffy and Faith burst into laughter, “Oh, god! Angel thinks THAT!”

If she didn’t stop laughing Buffy was sure of two things; one, her knees would give out under her and she’d collapse onto the floor, and two, if she didn’t stop with the laughing she was going to pee. But it was just way to funny that her brother could even fathom that she and Faith had a “thing” for each other.

The DJ played the next song, “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak.

Darla’s eyes lit up, “Oh I love this song. Come my angel let’s dance.” She said grabbing him by the hand leading him off to the dance floor. They walked past Buffy, Faith, and Willow, who were huddled together doing the group dancing. Angel couldn’t resist and playfully slapped his sister up side her head, turning she stuck her tongue out at him then continued to dance.

Drusilla was getting more irritated by the moment, with her not taking her meds coupled with pregnancy hormones she was a mess. All she wanted was things to be normal again, to go back to the way things were. Ms. Edith had mocked her, laughing, and taunting her. She whispered with Ms. Doris and Ms. Pennyworth about Dru’s Spike. How he had strayed far away from her path, and now bathed in sunshine.

Drusilla has decided that Ms. Edith had crossed her once and for all, and she locked her in the trunk at that foot of her bed, where all naughty dolls went until they learned their lesson. But the stars and pixies agreed with Ms. Edith, that her William was truly lost to her. So granted she picked a few daisies here and there, it wasn’t as if it was such a big deal, really, she still loved him.

But she missed Spike desperately, he helped keep her grounded, well not really but he was stable, and comforting, and she wanted that back, and she was starting to entertain the though that maybe she would do anything to get him fawning over her once more.

“You haven’t taken your eyes off of my little pixie all night. You know you reek of her.”

Spike really wanted to get all snarky with Dru, but he didn’t have it in him. It wasn’t like she chose to be crazy, maybe the whole screwing everyone yeah, but crazy no.

“I’m watching anyone pet.” He focused on the words of the song drowning her rant out.


“The world was on fire and no one could save me but you, It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you. I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you…”

Buffy swayed to the beat, she really liked the song, despite the naked ho bag running around virtually topless in the video. And naked thoughts conjured up Spike, whom she wished, was with her now, sawing to the rhythm. Lost in his warm embrace, flush against his chest, sighing she flashed a small smile at her dance partners. Looking over her shoulder Buffy glared at Angel, it was so not fair.

It was wrong, why did he get to be happy with supper skank, and not only flaunt it in her face but rival in it. So was the suckage that was her life.


“No, I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] No, I don't want to fall in love,
[This world is only gonna break your heart] With you With you….”

Spike was praying for an escape from Dru when his salvation just happened to walk past him. Snatching at the denim-covered form Spike took Drusilla’s hand in his.

“Here, have some fun with you and yours.”

Parker was taken back at first he though the bleached blonde was going to attack him again, and he so didn’t want another broken nose. But when he felt the soft tiny hand placed in his, a whole new panic took over. Drusilla looked just as stunned glancing between the man she loved and well the idiot who impregnated her. Before anyone could protest Spike darted off releasing a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.

Buffy felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see who it was, a bright smile strolled over he features as she accepted the extended hand offered to her. Spike had to swallow the lump that formed in his throat or the little dip his heart took upon seeing her face. She was waiting for him, wanting to dance with him.

“Not to close pet. Wouldn’t want Angel reacting the same way he did when he saw you and Faith dancing.”

Buffy blushed burying her face into his shoulder; they swayed as the song continued, Spike’s hand resting at the small of her back, as she splayed her hands across his chest.

“What a wicked game to play, To make me feel this way. What a wicked thing to do, To let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, You never felt this way. What a wicked thing to do, To make me dream of you ! And I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] No I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] With you…”

So caught up in feeling that was Spike, Buffy failed to notice the figure in the shadows of the room watching her sway to the music, their hand fisting at their side.

Faith was now dancing with some random hunk who crossed her path after Gunn came and laid claim to his girl. Dancing over to the couple she whispered in Willow’s ear.

“I’m either reading into something that ain’t existing, or does Buffy and Spike got something going on?”

Willow’s eyes widen is surprise, she looked over her shoulder at them, ‘Where they that obvious? Nah, so how did Faith guess it out?’

“Truthfully I have no clue, they are just a jumble of contradictions, and for an answer you’ll have to ask her.”

Faith smirked; how anyone missed it was beyond her, it was clearly written all over them. She figured she needed to have a nice long talk with Buffy one night soon.

“The world was on fire and no one could save me but you, It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you No I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] No I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] With you With you Nobody loves no one”

The song ended replaced by “Candy Shop” by 50 cents, and the blonde duo hesitantly separated.

“Thanks for the dance Spike.”

“Any time Goldilocks.” He reached a hand up to caress her cheek. Buffy leaned into Spike’s touch, relishing the feel of him on her skin, as her eyes flutter shut for a moment. But soon it was interrupted; Drusilla swooped in like a bird of prey latching onto its meal. Gripping her hand around Spike’s arm she pulled him towards the back of the room near a hallway, she was right pissed about Parker and she was going to share some choice words with him.

“One day I’m going to kill her,” Buffy voiced to no one in particular.

“Buffy.”

Whipping around she faced the voice that was calling her, and rolled her eyes.

“What?”

“We need to talk. Just for a second, can we do that, please?” Riley said trying to emulate a wounded puppy, but he looked more constipated instead.

“We have nothing to talk about Riley, I thought I made that clear back in oh I don’t know… September.”

He closed his eyes for a moment to compose himself, why she acted like such an ice queen was beyond him. Didn’t she know they were perfect for each other even now, and the whole “incident” as she put it, was behind them just a simple misunderstanding?

“We. Need. To. Talk.”

Imitating Drusilla, Riley clamped on meaty hand around Buffy’s upper arm dragging her out of the main room into the same hallway Spike and Dru where now in.

“Let go of me Riley!” Buffy protested trying to break from his grip, but he wasn’t budging, he wanted to get his point across to her, he loved her, and he needed to tell her that. She would understand that now, she just had too.

Spike’s view of Buffy was skewered by the mixed teens here and there, but he saw she was going some where with Captain Cardboard. He had to bite back his anger; he really wanted to do serious damage to that git. And why was Buffy leaving with him? That fact seemed to make Spike even more upset.

*************************

Riley entered the private office near the back of the house on the first floor. He shut the door behind him.

“I just want to talk that’s all Buffy. Please just hear me out ok?”

Sighing Buffy rested her weight on her right hip crossing her arms over her chest.

“Fine Riley, you got five minutes so make this quick.”

“I love you Buffy.”

She stood there blinking at him, “Oookay, yeah. No. You don’t. I’m so not the same girl I was two years ago, and you uttering false sentiments of “I love you” aren’t going to get me all with the swooning.”

“Buffy you read all wrong into that night. I didn’t mean a thing I said I was scared and confused.”

“Yeah, ok. So saying I was sorriest lay you ever had was misunderstood? Riley you’re drunk and I’m going back to the party.”

He reached out to prevent her from bolting from the door; spinning Buffy around quickly he captured her lips in a frustrated kiss, Buffy frantically beat at his chest desperately trying to push him away. Breaking the kiss he locked eyes with her, as she spat the taste of him from her lips, whipping vigorously at her mouth with the back of her hand.

Riley’s eyes clouded over with rage and he gritting his teeth, “Its him isn’t it?”

“Who? What are you babbling about Riley?” Geez, she could really see why Angel and Spike disliked Riley, he really was a jerk, man Buffy wished she listened to them. Instead she gave up her virginity to the doofus. ‘Way to go genius’, she rolled her eyes replying to herself.

“Oh don’t play blonde with me Summers. You know very well who I’m talking about. You think your little dance back there didn’t go unnoticed, hum? It’s Spike!”

“That’s so none of your business Riley.”

“It is my business Buffy. You’re mine, you belong to me, you’ve just lost your path that’s all. But soon you’ll realize that you still love me.”

“Ok, I take it back, you’re not drunk you’re just crazy like Dru.” She spat starting to walk past him once again.

“I didn’t say you could leave yet Buffy.”

The quarterback roughly seized her the shoulders pulling her form back towards him. Ducking his head, Riley went to kiss Buffy again, this time she pulled back slapping him.

“Get off me Riley!”

He replied by tightening his grip around her waist, his eyes making a chill run down her spine. Buffy never feared anyone before, but the iced looked he was sending her at that moment stopped her in her tracks.

‘He wouldn’t really hurt me, would he?’

Riley never acted like this before, but most of the time they were in public. Now they were out of prying eyes and behind closed doors.

As if reading her mind Riley’s lips curled back into a sardonic smile as he drew her flush across his body.

“Oh I think you truly forgotten who you belong to Buffy and I guess I’ll just have to show you.”

Buffy had a good idea just what he meant as the evidence of it made itself painfully clear.

‘Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! I gotta get out of here.’

She tried to pull away once more, struggling in their embrace, Riley pulled his arm back bring the back of his hand across her face. The sound of the slap resonated through the quite office as it connected with Buffy’s soft flesh, leaving a huge red imprint on her cheek, as blood began to run from the slip on the side of her mouth.

****************************

Spike finally was able to ditch Dru and headed back into the main room, spotting Angel he walked over to lean against the wall with him.

“Buffy come back yet?”

Angel arched his brow scanning the perimeter, “No, not yet. Why were did she go?”

“When Dru had me manhandled in the hallway I saw her heading off with Captain America.”

Frowning his brow Angel thought for a moment.

“How long ago was that?”

Sighing Spike calculated, “I’d say about 10-15 minutes.”

They both looked at each other.

“Something’s not right. She just wouldn’t go off with him for this long.”

“Yeah, I’m thinkin’ the same thing mate. Come on.”

The two headed back into the hallway checking every room they pasted with no sigh of Buffy or Riley.

*******************

“Riley you don’t want to do this please let me go. I won’t tell anyone you even hit me, see no hit.”

“Shut up you little slut. You’re going to pay for crossing me.”

‘Ok, now way is this happening, and did he just call me a slut?’

Summoning some unknown strength Buffy lifted her knee connected it with Riley’s groin. He released her to cup his injured manhood, which gave Buffy the opportunity to run. Turning she headed for the door, her hand rested on the handle and she started to turn it.

The crack she made was slammed shut as a bulky hand rested upon it; Riley fisted her hair in his hand flinging her farther back into the room. He locked the door quickly then turned to face her laying on the floor. Quickly jumping to her feet Buffy backed away from his menacing form until she felt the hard wooden desk at the back of her feet.

Pulling back Riley let his fist fly through the air connecting with the side of her head, stunning Buffy as she slumped forward. Riley caught her lowering her back onto the desktop. Oh she was a fighter, he hadn’t expected that, other girls just went with the flow, but not Buffy Summers. Well that was ok, because soon she would be his again and all would be fixed. Hw just needed to show her how much he loved her.

Buffy’s mind was surrounded by fog, she could feel his hands pawing her, and his breath on her neck as he licked ad sucked her skin. But her arms felt like lead and she really wanted to drift into the dark abyss that was calling her. Hearing his zipper sliding open snapped her out of the haze as she started to fight once again.

Riley had her pinned, he chest was flush against hers, and he rested between her spread thighs. He had her arms draped over her head and she was at his mercy, or lack of being a better word. With the ripping of her panties, Buffy closed herself off; she refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing her shed tears. That would be the last violation from him and she wasn’t going to give.

Feeling his cock pressing at her opening Buffy closed her eyes shutting down, steeling herself for the invasion that was about to happen. She waited, and waited but nothing, opening an eye Buffy saw Riley was gone.

*******************

So lost in her own world Buffy never head the door being kicked open, or felt when Riley was ripped away from her.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Spike said throwing the boy into the waiting arms of Angel.

Buffy slowly sat up blinking to adjust her eyes to the light that was filtering into the dimly lit office.

“Oh I’m sorry. Did we ruin your little party, to bad we weren’t invited.” Angel growled out through clenched teeth.

“If I would have known you had such intentions for my sister I would have done this earlier.”

Angel spun Riley around to face Spike once more as the blonde sent a shot to his gut; doubling over in pain he started coughing.

“Or this,” the brunette said kicking the boy in the back.

Spike turned his attention back to the frightened girl on the desk.

“You ok baby?”

Buffy looked up flinging herself into his waiting arms, as they both tumbled to the ground. She was shaking and had a fierce grip around Spike’s neck. Buffy didn’t speak as she buried her face into the crook of his neck.

“Get up you piece of shit.”

Angel pulled Riley up by his arm dragging him out of the room, not bothering to let him put his manly bits back into his pants. After pulling Oz and Gunn to the side, Angel informed them on what almost happened and called the police. The two kept watched over the jock as Angel went back to tend to his sister. Entering the room he noticed they were now sitting on the leather sofa in the office. Spike was rocking Buffy back and forth, smoothing her hair down with his hand, as he whispered words of comfort in her ear.

“You ok Buffy?”

Turning so looked up to face her brother giving him a wary smile, “Thanks to you two.”

Cordelia burst through the open door stopping next to Angel.

“Oh god Buffy. Oh god, you’re ok. Oh my god its all my fault. I should have told you before, years ago, but I was scared, to scared and… oh god…”

Quickly Buffy straightened up putting on her resolve face, she faced Cordy who was now hiding her face in her hands.

“It wasn’t your fault Cordelia, he’s just an ass.”

She looked back up at the blonde momentarily forgetting the others in the room.

“He did it to me too Buffy. Riley raped me three years ago. I was so ashamed and… and he convinced me it was my fault, I didn’t know what else to do.” She finished as fresh tears tracked down her cheeks.

Buffy extracted herself from Spike’s lap and took her maybe soon to be friend again in her arms, she had no idea, but now she knew what caused the character switch in her oldest friend.

The police came and arrested Riley Finn, later charging him with assault and attempted rape. They also took pictures of Buffy’s wounds, along with her statement, and Cordelia’s as well. Surprisingly Harmony and a few other girls came forward as well, to share their tales at the hands of Riley too.

********************

Angel tapped on Buffy’s door waiting for her to answer, upon hearing her he walked inside. Buffy was sitting on her bed cleaning out old papers she no longer needed listening to the radio.

“You ok?” Her brother asked sitting down on the edge of the bed.

“Yup, fine and dandy. Being attacked and almost raped a week before graduation always puts a smile on my face.”

“You wanna talk about it?”

“No, there’s nothing to talk about. What’s done is done. Now I can fully close that chapter of my life and move on. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Who ever said that was really smart, guess they were attacked by shark or something.”

Buffy finished giving him a slight smirk, which Angel returned. Leaning over the bed he engulfed his little sister in a bear hug. Buffy held onto him, it was nice, like old times. Angel, her valiant protector, always there to protect her, to save her from the nastys that wanted to harm her when she was little.

And like most of the time, Angel was there to save her once again, snatching her from the arms of evil, with Spike in tow. So it was kinda cool to have two protectors, but they wouldn’t always be there for her. Especially Spike, if she ever told him even a sliver of what she felt for him, he’d be gone. First do the whole Jekyll/Hyde thing then split.

The siblings pulled apart just enjoying the quietness of the night. There were very few times in their young adult lives, which they shared like this, it was nice. To bad it took something vile to happen to give them the moment.

“Well get some sleep, its late, talk to you in the morning.”

“Kay!” Buffy said laying down on top of her comforter, Angel bent over placing a small kiss on her forehead.

“Good night wiggle worm,” He whispered turning off the light. Buffy smiled rolling her eyes playfully.

“Yeah, good night to you too, chicken butt.” Angel snorted closing the door behind him.

Sighing Buffy closed her eyes letting the darkness over come her, she needed her rest because tomorrow she would have to tell her mother what happened. God, sometimes she hated life.

Tittering on the verge of nothingness Buffy’s mind was assaulted by the menacing face of Riley Finn looming over her prone form, atop the wooden desk in Cordelia’s home.

“Nobody’s here to save you now Buffy. You really are a stupid bitch to think you could get away.”

She couldn’t move, she was paralyzed with fear as tears seeped down her cheeks.

‘Oh God. Oh God. Oh God,’ she continued to chant over and over in her head, how was this happening again?

But just like in reality a hand came down pulling Riley from her, sitting up she watched the fight ensue. Spike was kicking Riley’s ass much like he’d done with Parker. Something shiny caught her eye as the larger boy pulled a gun out of thin air.

Buffy opened her mouth to yell trying to warn Spike, but nothing would come out.

Buffy rose from her bed with a start, sweat dripping off of her, and her mouth contorted in a silent scream. The sound of pebbles hitting her window drew Buffy’s attention to it. Untangling her legs from the twisted sheets she headed over towards it.

Eyes adjusting to the night’s darkness she was able to make out the form, a small smile tugged at Buffy’s lips. Spike gazed up at her with a smirk; happy to see his goldilocks was all right.

“I’ll be right down,” Buffy whispered as best she could before turning to tip toe out of her bedroom.

Opening the kitchen door she was greeted to her platinum savior.

“What are you doing here this late?”

“Couldn’t sleep, wanted to make sure you were ok.”

“Yeah, until I had a nightmare. Kinda jolted me from some quality time with my pillow.”

“You feel like telling me about it?” Buffy pondered his question, oh sure, like she was going to tell him psycho football player shot him for saving her. Instead Buffy opted to stick to nasty dream.

The two walked over to the deck chairs that adorned that back porch, they both sat down on one.

“Do you… would… could you stay for a while?” She hesitantly asked not looking Spike in the eyes.

“Yeah, I can do that Buffy.”

The two got comfy laying back on the reclining chair with Buffy resting her head on Spike’s chest. They talked about nothing really, just lost in the thought of them being together. Soon they both fell asleep, and Buffy’s nightmare stayed away.

*********************

A/N Ok, that one drained me, sheesh. Did I lose anyone? Let me know what you thought, seriously very wishy about this chapter. But I felt it shed light on a few things * I hope *