**************************************

Chapter 6: Realities



Buffy woke up the following morning, Saturday the middle day of the weekend, and one of the slowest days she hated. There was nothing good on TV until evening, unless you were into the whole cartoon seen like Angel, and grandma always came over for Saturday family dinner hour. ‘Oh the joy of Saturday’, Buffy thought tossing her comforter over her legs and heading to her closet to get some clothes for the day.

Turning to leave her room the phone stopped her in mid-stride. Sighing she walked back over to her nightstand to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Buffy, it’s Dawn.” Dawn chirped into the receiver.

‘As if I didn’t know that.’ Buffy thought rolling her eyes, she liked Dawn, but at 10 am she was to chipper and bubbly to deal with.

“What can I do for you this very mind-numbing Saturday morning?”

“Oh nothing…just trying to track down my brother that’s all.”

Buffy had almost forgotten about her previous night’s escapades, well not all of the more important parts but she tried to push them to the far recourses of her mind.

“Yup he’s all here. Passed out with Angel.” Buffy said with a laugh, the two talked for a few more moments then hung up. After hanging up Buffy finally got to take her shower.

******************************************

Buffy finally wandered downstairs some time after 12 pm, she headed for the kitchen only to be greeted by a very amused Joyce, and a semi hung over Angel, with a very hung over Spike at the table.

“Good afternoon sweetie.” Joyce greeted her daughter with a hug.

“Morning mom, I see the wonder twins are alive and kicking…sorta.”

Both boys glared as mother and daughter laughed at their expense.

“Hey you’re my mom…a little sympathy here.” Angel said gesturing between him and Spike. Spike closed his eyes and rested his head in his hands.

Mumbling between them “Remind me never to drink again. If I do shoot me.”

“Can I get that in writing?” Buffy questioned placing her hands on her hips.

“Well I have a few things to get done today before your grandmother arrives. So you two can help out and clean up a bit.” Joyce turned and walked out of the kitchen.

Angel got up from the table and placed his mug into the dishwasher, then turned on the faucet to wash his hands.

“I’m gonna head up to shower.” Turning to look at Spike “Then your going to tell me why you got drunk and my little sister had to drag you here.” Angel finished with a smirk.

Spike rolled his eyes as his answer “What ever peaches.”

“Yeah well one day your going to tell me how my brother got the name peaches.”

Angel replied with an eye roll of his own walking past Buffy pulling on her hair in a playful manner.

“Not gonna happen…EVER.” Then he was gone.

The kitchen was quite for a moment, Buffy was still standing in the door way and Spike was setting at the table. Buffy walked over to the refrigerator and removed the gallon of 2% milk and placed it on the counter. She opened an overhead cabinet and removed a box of frosted flaks.

Spike took a sip of his now lukewarm hot chocolate while watching Buffy. He figured with as much alcohol he consumed the night before everything would be a blur, but it wasn’t. The final deception of Drusilla still burned hard in his chest and he had to swallow hard with the bitter bile that was threatening to spill out. He closed his eyes and inhaled a deep mouthful of air trying to will away the pain.

Yes it hurt, but it wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be. Drusilla had been Spike’s whole existence since middle school. They quickly became friends since both moved to the states from England, Spike with his sister, their parents sent them to live with his uncle Giles while they worked out “personal” problems, seven years later and they are “still” dealing with their problem. And Drusilla moved with her parents after her father was promoted to over see his company’s interests in America.

As Spike thought about it, he should have seen the signs long ago, from Dru’s flirting with Angel, to her basically sleeping with anything that glanced her way. But no, Spike had to be head over feet for her. ‘I was such a wanker.’ He thought placing his head in his hands.

Buffy poured some cereal into her bowl then followed by some milk. ‘You can do this, he probably forgotten about everything, doesn’t even remember kissing me or anything.’

Buffy walked over to the table and sat down taking a spoonful of cereal and placing it in her mouth. Spike watched her for a moment contemplating if he should still act as if he remembered nothing. He was still confused at the whole kiss thing, but it didn’t feel like a rebound thing after getting walked over by your ex, but he didn’t know if it meant anything really to him.

Well he knew what it meant; he just wasn’t ready to face the answer just yet. “Sorry”

Buffy looked at Spike over her spoon. “Sorry…sorry about what?”

Spike tapped the side of his mug with his fingernail. “Didn’ mean to go off and kiss you like that. Should have kept myself in check. It wasn’t right.”

Buffy started to pout and her shoulders slumped forward “Oh, well that’s cool. Wasn’t like you forced me or anything.”

There was silence again but not the normal silence they shared together.

“Hey look” Buffy said extending her hands towards Spike, “We kiss, so what, not like it meant anything…right?”

“Right…nothin”

Buffy and Spike both put on their “conviction” voices, to not only convince each other but their selves as well.

There was another bought of silence as Spike took his mug to the kitchen sink, then turned around to lean against the counter. Buffy walked over and placed her bowl in the sink as well, snatching a sideways glance at Spike.

“Right…so about the whole ass squeezing too.”

“Squeezing, that was no squeeze, it was more like a shark taking a bit out of a surfer.” Buffy retorted trying to hold back a laugh, which didn’t help from the look Spike, sent her. They both broke into a fit of laughter as Angel came back into the kitchen.

“What’s so funny?” Angel asked looking to Spike first then over to Buffy, the two looked at each other and burst into laughter once more.

“It’s nothing, Spike needed to understand what bootylicious meant.” Buffy said trying to keep a straight face.

************************************

Monday arrived and it was time for rehearsal, Buffy didn’t want to see what could or would happen in the basement. Spike and Angel talked, and he told him all the events leaving out the kissing and feeling up his sister. Needless to say Angel was pissed but decided to play it cool and lend support to his befriend only when needed.

The trio headed down to the basement where Parker had finished setting up. Spike headed down first followed by Buffy then Angel. Spike had walked over to were Parker was waiting but keeping his distance.

“Hurry up.” Angel commanded nudging his sister to descend faster down the stairs.

“Pushy much! I’m going as fast as I can.” Buffy retorted, since she sported some calf high stiletto red leather boots, they made her flirty black leather skirt look good.

“No one told you to wear those…those weapons on your feet.” He said giving her one more ‘good’ nudge, well it was more of a push, but he had a mini apocalypse to prevent if he didn’t get to his friends.

Angel’s push came as Buffy’s left foot descended to the next step catching her off guard, her ankle twisted causing her to fall the rest of the way down the stairs. Landing with a thud she sat there dazed for a moment trying to get her bearings, her skirt had risen up giving her band mates an eye full.

Shaking her head, Buffy jumped up and fixed her clothes as Angel quickly dodged past her. She looked up at him shooting daggers his way. Angel shrugged his shoulders with an “I told you to hurry up look”; she then glanced at Spike and Parker. Parker was to busy trying to avoid contact with Spike, and Spike gave her a “I just saw your barely there knickers but acted like I saw nothing” look, followed by a wink and smirk combination.

*****************************************

Joyce had to fly to Chicago to pick up some pieces for the gallery and would be gone the whole weekend. With that decided Angel, along with Spike thought it was an excellent time to through a house party. So they quickly let word spread around campus, and Buffy asked if she could invite her friends.

Angel carried Joyce’s luggage out to the waiting taxi while Buffy said her good byes. Mother and daughter parted ways with hugs and kisses, and she placed a kiss on her son’s cheek. She turned pointing at Angel with her stern resolve face firmly fixed.

“And I mean it Angel No. Party. Do I make myself clear?”

“Perfectly mom.” Angel said smiling at her, trying to give her his most reassuring face.

She sighed and got into the taxi, Angel closed the door behind her then tapped the hood of the vehicle and watched it drive down the street and out of sight.

Angel turned to Buffy with a mischievous gleam in his eye he, slapped his hands together and rubbed them back and forth; he headed back to the house. “We have a party to prepare for.”

****************************************
A/N ok promise some more spuffyness in the next chap. As always feedback helps me, lol, so review review review!