//Chapter Three//

AN: Hrm, I may use their little bet idea as the plotbunny for a PWP or ficlet with tons of smutty mcsmut, lol, or someone else should... should I make it a challenge? lol I mean really, the canon Buffy and Spike would be humping within seconds of the such a bet, right? lmao

 

Buffy poked her head out of the bathroom, peeking around to make sure the coast was clear after her shower. Once she was satisfied, she finally stepped out into the bedroom. She wrapped herself in the towel she had been using to dry her hair then walked across the room. She pouted as she peered into the closet. All her new clothes were gone. He had hid them or something while she was sleeping. She didn't even get a chance to wear them yet. What a waste...

She finger combed her damp locks and glanced out at the waning light before heading downstairs to the kitchen. There was food in it now, so she was able to make herself something to eat. She wasn't much of a cook. Her dorm fridge was full of either meals easily popped into the microwave, left-overs from take-out, and frozen food easily popped into the oven. Pasta was pretty easy to make, too... boil and drain.

With a sandwich in one hand and a bottle of juice in the other, she headed to the living room to find a movie on cable to watch.

Halfway through a Jackie Chan movie, she had finished the sandwich and was taking a drink of juice when suddenly her towel disappeared. She yelped and ended up spilling her juice all over herself. She started to get up, but Spike appeared in front of her and she dropped back into her seat to glare up at him. She crossed her leg in front of her and crossed her arms to hide herself as much as she could.

"Didn' I warn you, luv?" he smirked. "I'll be a bit lenient 'bout it while I'm sleepin', but once I get up..." he curled his tongue and leered at her.

"Ugh, you're such a perv..." she rolled her eyes. She shifted, trying to hide herself from his gaze even more if it was possible.

"Watch it or I'll decide you don' need towels so you got t' run 'round nude an' wet." He waggled his brows then dropped to his knees in front of her. "An' just remember, pet, this was all your idea. You came up with this little bet." He leaned in close.

"Fine, I call it off." She pouted and watched him warily.

He started to gently but firmly move her arms aside as he bowed his head towards her. He paused with his lips a breath away from her, eyes locked with her startled ones. He waited, listening as her heart started to race then smirked. He lowered his head, keeping his lips just above her jaw, then throat, over her collarbone to her chest which was still slick with juice. His eyes went up to lock with hers again as he began to stroke her skin with his tongue. Cleaning her in a slow torturous process, causing her pulse to accelerate even more and her breath to hitch. His nostrils flared as the scent of her arousal permeated the air.

She opened her mouth to protest softly, but the next thing she knew his mouth was pulling at her breast and she lost the ability to speak. She gasped instead and leaned back into the couch, hand going to his hair and turning it from gelled perfection into a riot of curls that she could grasp more easily to anchor herself.

His arm curled around her waist and brought them closer together as his mouth trailed licks and nips back up, following his path down but this time with real touches and not the ghosts of ones. He kissed her neck and sucked at it just over her pulse, eliciting more gasps from her. Then he continued his trail back up to her mouth where he kissed her hard, now on top of her and practically straddling her. He pressed close, his hard length jabbing into her soft belly as he continued to plunder her mouth with abandon.

The urgent prodding sort of brought her back to herself and she pushed at him lightly, a little alarmed for a moment since she was obviously no match for him if he tried to overpower her.

It was her sudden rush of fear that had him jerking away from her, looking at her with just as much alarm as he breathed heavily for a moment. "I'm... I'm sorry, luv... I would never... it isn'... I mean, a male would never... not even in us t'..." He shook his head and paused to slow his wildly pounding heart and his breath, regulating his pulse so that he could get her heart to slow to match his. He reached out to touch her cheek, "Don' want you ever t' be afraid of me."

"It's okay, I... it was... well, I know now that my brain has started to function again... it was just at that second, irrational and... anyways..." She shook clear her own head and took a couple deep breaths herself, then took his hand. "I'm just... well, was pretty sure where that was probably going to lead and I'm not sure I'm ready for THAT yet, even though I did agree to give in to this lifemate business and I know eventually..."

"I know, pet, I know... an' a male never forces himself on a female, not Carpathians at least." He lifted his chin proudly. "We damn near worship you silly birds, but we don' hurt you or anythin' of the sort. Your health an' happiness comes before our own."

"So you keep saying," she teased lightly with a smirk. "I know its going to come eventually, though, but we've only... I mean, a few days... hello. I think I've been a bit coolheaded with this so far, deciding to give an eternity of myself to you after only just meeting you?" She rolled her eyes. "Not to mention, I'm a... I mean, I've never..." She blushed and motioned to where he was obviously still affected by her, averting her eyes in the opposite direction.

He pulled her close with no hint of the lust from moments before, brushing his lips across her brow. "I know... an' when you're ready, I'll know, too." He smirked. "I may feel a bit of an urgency t' make sure you're tied t' me t' keep me from turnin', but suppose when the time comes an' you're ready, I can say the bondin' words without... consummatin' them... though, usually that's the way its done." He gave a tiny smirk and gave her a gentle kiss.

She bit her lip and looked at him in concern. "You're very old... so you're close to turning, aren't you? Very close... like, you told me you would have destroyed yourself by now if you hadn't have happened to find me that night... if that thing had attacked another girl..."

"Buffy..." Spike sighed and leaned his cheek against her head. "I can wait. No worries, luv. When you're ready we'll do it, an' not 'til then. Won' pressure you or force you. You decide."

"Spike, I-"

He put a finger over her lips when she went to speak and shook his head, giving her a hard look. "No. I can wait until you're really ready an' I won' have you doin' it out of pity or anythin' of the sort. Should be out of love an' all that rot."

She frowned at him, but sighed. "Fine, you big pain in the butt. But, your loss you know."

"Just because we can' go all the way, doesn' mean we can' do..." he ran a finger down between her breasts where he had just been licking, "other things..." He leaned forward and kissed her slowly, hand stroking down over her ribcage and stomach then down along her thigh.

She sighed into his mouth as her annoyance melted away. She could definitely get used to an eternity of this kind of worship with an out-of-this-world man that made her blood sizzle in her veins. She went to wrap her arms around his neck as their tongues dueled, but he had other plans. His hands slid along her arms to link with her hands, holding them out wide and pinning her back gently. His mouth moved down her neck, pausing to bite gently over her pulse before continuing down to sample the treat that was her breasts again.

He caught her sensitized nub between his teeth and tugged slightly.

"Spike," she squeaked, arching her back.

He gave another gentle tug and she groaned, arching her back as much as she could. He looked up at her and laved the nipple with his tongue, amused as she tried to writhe but was kept in place by him still pinning her arms out. He moved on to the other nipple, tugging it with his teeth as well.

She couldn't writhe so her legs kicked out into the air, whimpering at the pleasure coursing through her and hitting her right in the core. "Oh, god. Please, Spike..." She pleaded with another whimper.

"Oh, you want more?" He smirked and gave another tug, delighting in the little cry she gave. "Hmm, does this mean I have won the bet?" He twirled his tongue around her nipple, soothing it as he had the other after the toothy treatment.

Her head snapped up and she glared down at him. "You have not. I did not give in. On the contrary, you only proved that you find me irresistible, which is no secret as you keep telling me this every time you explain the lifemate thing."

"So what... I have t' wait for you t' jump on me then?" He curled his tongue behind his teeth and looked up at her eagerly. "Anytime you want, pet. Anytime you feel the need t' jump me, just go on ahead." He released her hands finally and wrapped her up in his arms.

"Oh, you... you pig..." She swatted at him, unable to believe how he went from behind so gentle and caring, to being such a slimy little bastard that spouted such... oh, he drove her nuts. She pushed him away then stood up with her hands on her hips. "And for your information, I'm never going to jump you! I meant what I said last night and I'm going to win the bet cause I can totally resist a perv like you!" She spun and stomped out of the room as he laughed.

*****

Wesley walked into the room and closed the door behind him, looking at the people already in the room. His eyes moved over each face as he went to the head of the table. He set down the file and braced his arms on the table as he leaned forward, gaze resting on one man in particular. A young black man who had been with the group for a short time. He was young and brash, but that's the way most of them had been when they first joined. Most of them had similar stories that led them to meeting up. Losing a loved one to a creature they hadn't know existed then seeking to destroy these things before they killed anymore innocent people.

"Charles, I'm disappointed about last night, but such things happen when dealing with these creatures. No doubt Mr. Archer realized you were trying to get to the girl and thwarted you, but you are lucky he did not deem it necessary to dispose of you in a more permanent manner," the Englishman straightened and crossed his arms. "Even so, it would have been nice if you had been able to follow them to his lair. The more time he keeps her, the more the chance that he will do something to her."

A loud, derisive snort came from the corner of the room and Wesley glanced in that direction. A tall man stood and approached the group and Wesley watched him warily. This man kept himself apart from the group and it was better if they stuck close together against the creatures. But so far the man had been an asset, so he let it go.

"He wouldn't have been able to follow them, even if he hadn't been found out by William," the man gave a smug smile. "William wouldn't have simply drove to the shopping center. No doubt he did one of his vampire tricks to fly them there or something."

"Surely he wouldn't have done this with the girl with him, Angel." One of the other men spoke up.

"Ah, Rupert, but if he could do mind tricks with Charles then he could do it with the girl. He is no doubt thralling her into submission so he could have her pliant to do his bidding. He didn't kill her immediately so he's probably going to turn her and make her his vampire whore." He smirked. "Hopefully, we'll be able to prevent such a tragedy, though."

Wesley studied the man. He always felt something was off with him, besides the odd name and changing last names. Sometimes, he wasn't even sure if they could trust him much. The only reason he did give him a chance and put up with his oddness was because of the generous funding and support he threw their way. He wasn't sure why, though, as he had never shared a story such as the rest of them had for encountering the undead. A reason for joining such an organization where most thought their mission to be ludicrous.

Angel turned towards him as if sensing the other man was thinking about him. He gave an overly sweet smile, "No need to worry, Wes. I will take up the monitoring of William. I have an idea of the general area his lair might be located in. I'll give you a heads up when he's on the move so others can possibly try to intercept him... hopefully save the poor girl even."

"I suppose, but maybe you should take someone with you to help."

The taller man shook his head. "I'll be faster on my own. I'll keep in touch, though." He lifted his hand with a smug smile then left the room.

Wesley watched him go with some irritation, but as soon as the other man was gone he looked over at Rupert. "I want you to do some research. Find out everything you can about this Angel guy. There's something up with him."

*****

Just before sunset the next night, Spike walked into Buffy's room without knocking. It was his house after all. She was still sleeping and he lifted the covers to crawl onto the bed towards her, laying beside her gently so as not to wake her up yet. He had a special way for waking her up tonight. He smiled as he lifted away the blanket enough and looked over her nude body appreciatively. He was truly blessed with a lovely lifemate.

His hand trailed lightly over her skin, tracing the swell of her breast and curve of her hip. Fingers dancing lightly over her skin as he committed her to memory by touch. He paused when she shifted in her sleep and murmured nonsensically. When she settled down again he ducked under the blanket and slid down with a grin, continuing with his devious plan for waking her. His face buried between her slightly parted thighs, inhaling and closing his eyes for a moment as he committed this to memory as well.

His hands coasted over her thighs again as he bent his head closer to begin licking at her entrance slowly, pausing only when she shifted again in her sleep with a small groan. He began licking even more fervently when he sensed her beginning to wake up, twirling his tongue around her little nub.

The blanket was whipped away seconds later so that she could confirm her suspicions after waking up. At first, she had thought she was still in her delicious dreams, but eventually it had dawned on her that she was truly awake then that the feelings were really real. It could only be one person, for that one person wouldn't have allowed anyone else to get near the house let alone in her room and in her bed with her.

Blue eyes lifted to meet her gaze, totally unrepentant, and he didn't stop what he had deemed his new favourite treat and pastime. His eyes remained locked with her as his tongue delved inside her, wrenching more of the whimpers he loved hearing from her. He moved his tongue, driving the whimpers louder. When her hand grasped at his curls, he was sure that was where she was finally going to stop him, but she was tugging his face more firmly to her pussy and moving against him needily. He smirked, relieved at the signal to continue and lifted his hand to begin stroking at her sensitive nub.

Her back arched and she mewled, lost in the new sensations he was giving her. She vaguely wondered how she would survive actual sex if the things he had done to her so far felt this good. And a traitorous voice asked why she was putting it off if it was bound to feel a hundred times better than this. She shoved all the thoughts away, not that she had any choice when she began to near her peak.

Spike pulled back fractionally and smirked when she lifted her head to growl at him in frustration.

"Patience, pet..." he purred at her then lowered his mouth to nip at the swollen lips. He continued to stroke her swollen clit as he let his fangs lengthen, dragging them over her thigh before sinking them into her tender flesh. He drank and closed his eyes in ecstasy. Finally, he was tasting his lifemate completely... and it was even sweeter and more delicious than he imagined. More and more, he was ravenous. Addicted to her essence immediately.

He realized he was drinking too much, losing control, and quickly stopped himself. He stroked the bite to close it before turning his attention back to her damp pussy. Her hips were lifting off the bed and her head thrown back. Such a lovely sight and he took a moment to admire his lifemate in the throws of passion before returning to his earlier work. Soon he was rewarded with a hoarse scream and a rush of warm liquid that he lapped up eagerly.

"Spike..." she breathed, relaxing finally and going limp.

He crawled up her body to lay beside her and engulf her in his arms. He chuckled, "I thought that would be a nice way t' wake my lifemate up."

"Very evil way. Not to mention, you're lucky I didn't scream and toss you out of bed... doing something like that... very tight line and me being so lenient with you..." She teased lightly, closing her eyes slowly.

But not before seeing a slightly shocked and hurt look pass over his face. "I... I didn' mean t' take advantage of you... nothin' of the sort. I just... I mean, I would never..."

She opened her eyes again and wrapped her hand around the base of his neck gently to pull him down for a kiss. "I know. I was teasing. You said Carpathians don't force themselves on their lifemates and I believe you." She sighed and leaned her cheek against his chest. "Don't know why, but I trust you, okay? Probably what you said at the beginning, I feel the bond between our souls or something..."

"Yeah, somethin' like that, pet," he smiled in relief and stroked her back. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and noted it was a bit on the cool side, then looked her over. Her colour was on the pale side. Her breathing and heartbeat had slowed slightly. "Oh god..." he breathed as worry gripped him. Part of him told him that maybe she would bounce back, but as her lifemate he wasn't sure he could take that chance. He began to shake her lightly, "Luv... Elizabeth, baby... I... please forgive me. I took too much when I was... tastin' you."

"Hm?" She lifted her head to blink up at him slowly, noting his concern and drawing her brows together. "I feel fine. Stop being such a worry wart."

She reached up to touch his cheek, but he captured her hand to press a kiss to her palm. "No, I can tell. Your heart, lungs, an' colour... you just feel sleepy, but I took too much. I should've been more careful." He shook his head.

"It's okay. I said I trusted you, and I still do. We all make mistakes... and its not like you did it on purpose." She started to try to push herself up, "So... does this mean you're dragging me to the hospital or something?"

"I need t' replace the blood I took... let you feed from me in return, but... it would be the first blood exchange. You haven'... not sure if that's best since you haven' made up your mind on whether you want it yet." He tightened his hold on her to keep her from sitting up, trying to share his body heat with hers.

"I mean, it doesn't mean I'm going to turn right now; it's only the first one. And, I do know I want to be your lifemate, so either way I'll be with you for the rest of my life... our life. If it'll make you feel better and make me better, then go ahead." She smiled softly, "Please."

"My sweet sweet lifemate..." he nuzzled her neck, "you don' know what you do t' me..."

She chuckled and teased, "I got a pretty good idea since you never shut up about it."

He growled playfully and nipped at her neck. "Shut your gob, woman." He turned his face and kissed her slowly before sitting up, pulling her into his lap. "If you're really sure about this..." He ran his hand over her arm tenderly.

"Spike..." she groaned and closed her eyes, settling her cheek against his chest again and resuming what was becoming her favourite position. It was as if she was made to fit against him just right. But then, if what he said was true, she WAS made to fit him perfectly. "Just do it and stop worrying so much... you're going to get ugly frown lines."

"Bloody annoyin' bint..." he purred with a smirk and stroked a hand through her hair. "Fine. You have your way... but don' get used t' it bein' that way."

"Oh sure... whatever you say..." She rolled her eyes, "Now come on before I resort to coming after you with a knife."

He laughed and shifted her in his arms slightly. "Okay, okay... hold ont' your knickers, pet..."

His fangs dropped and he averted his face slightly as he bit into his wrist. A gentle hand touched his face to turn it back around.

"Don't hide yourself from me. Not if you want to bind me to you, bind our souls together... then I want to know all of you." She looked up at him through her lashes earnestly, taking his face in now complete with fangs and a red glow to his eyes. "Will I... once you... I mean, if you... will I?"

He nodded and kissed her hand then held out his wrist in front of her face. He didn't think he could speak at that moment, heart swelled up to the point he was choking on it. And this little bit of gold didn't think she was made of goodness. He chuckled mentally. And in that moment, with love for her washing over him so that he nearly drowned on it, he couldn't help himself. Second nature took over and the words spilled from his lips as she drank from him.

"I claim you as my lifemate. I belong to you. I offer my life for you. I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body. I take into my keeping the same that is yours. Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time. You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care."

Buffy stopped drinking and blinked up at him with wide eyes, hearing the passionate declaration accompanied by the odd feeling. It slowly dawned on her and she smiled widely. "Spike..."

He licked the cuts in his wrist closed then pulled her tightly against him again. "Told you the right time would come an' you didn' have t' wait that long, yeah?" He grinned and kissed her lightly.

"And technically, you sorta consummated it.. beforehand..." she shrugged and blushed faintly. "Well, something like it..."

"Yeah, somethin' like it," He chuckled and kissed her again, deeper this time. His hand slid over her body, nearly forgetting everything else but the feel of his lifemate. After a moment, he lifted his head and rested his forehead against hers. "Some things are goin' t' change now, luv. You should know that."

"Like what?" She tilted her head curiously. "From just one blood exchange?"

He leaned back against the headboard. "That an' the bond. We're bonded now an' you can communicate t' me mentally. We've got a mental link." He tapped her temple lightly. "You can get int' my head the way I've been able t' get int' yours. I hide nothin' from you an' leave you t' learn all you want about me. It's the way it should be between lifemates."

"Oh..." She bit her lip. This would need some considering and some exploring later. Later. She wasn't sure if she could handle what might be in his head right away. "And... is that all?"

"No. Because of the first exchange, you're goin' t' have better senses an' find it harder t' eat food, but I'll be there t' make it easier. Can' have you starvin', can I?"

"Speaking of... it's really early. You must've come in before it was even sunset which means you couldn't have went to go feed." Her brows drew together in worry as she studied his face. "And after all that you must be even more hungry."

"I'm fine." A warm feeling spread through him again as she worried over him. He would probably have given her anything at that moment to continue to hear such sweet words from her mouth. "I had plans to eat later while we were out."

"While we were out?" She started to sit up as his words piqued her interest. "Where are we going? And... does this mean we get to actually wear clothes... I mean, you don't expect me to go out in public nude, do you?" She raised a brow.

He gave a low growl, eyes flashing red for a moment. "No one gets t' see my lifemate's body except me."

"Woah. Come back from the dark side." She chuckled.

"You should learn now that us Carpathian males are dangerously territorial, especially when it comes to our lifemates." He replied gruffly and buried his face in her hair. "I have a reservation for us at a very nice restaurant down by the coast. An' yes, I in fact have a very nice dress for you t' wear."

"Okay, so no going down to the local bar to do body shots with the frat boys." She joked and slid off the bed to stand up, feeling a bit better already. She turned around and rested her hands on his shoulders, kissing away his frown. "I'm teasing... you're not the only one with a sense of humour... Now, gimme a few minutes to get myself a nice hot shower then we'll see about this dress of yours. I remember what you consider nice." She stuck out her tongue at him then turned to head for the bathroom.

tbc...