Thank you so very, very much, Amelia-Jane, DK and Sharon, you always make me sooooooooo happy!!! ;)


I know that you’re waiting for the switch, but since I’m evil first I want to take you to (U1) for a while, eh, eh. Anyway, with the Italian readers I’ve been eviler, because I used to split every chapter in two very short ones… so consider yourselves lucky! ;)

Anyway, here’s the new chapter:

Chapter Ten: Switching

**************************** (In the meantime)

SUNNYDALE (U1)

“Look, it’s late, it’s useless to keep searching in these books and anyway, I can finish this alone; go home, Wesley, I mean your real home. Return to Los Angeles, don’t worry, I’ll let you know if I find something new,” Giles said, closing the umpteenth book of the night exasperatedly.

Just as the Giles from the other dimension must be doing, too, although he had the advantage oc counting with the former Watcher’s help, so he had managed to translate the whole spell and had discovered that, contrary to what he’d believed, the spell didn’t have a temporary duration.

There was only a way for Spike and Buffy to come back and he still had to find out what it was.

“Maybe you’re right, I should go home...” Wesley commented, but then he looked at Dawn and her sad pleading eyes that made him realize that she didn’t want him to go away. “What if I brought Dawnie with me?” he suggested and the girl’s eyes sparkled with joy.

“Yes, that’s a good idea. Dawn needs the distraction!” Tara approved as she caressed the younger girl’s hair.

“I think so, too. Plus, with Spike and Buffy away, someone should look after her...” Willow added, but Dawn threw daggers at her with her eyes.

“Hey, I’m seventeen, not seven years old! I can stay home alone!” she snapped.

“No doubt about that. I’m sure she just meant that it’s sad to stay home alone in a moment like this, you might need some company...” Xander explained.

“Yeah, but we can’t be always here to keep you company, and you can’t stay with Xander and me, because you would be shocked if you saw us having sex in every corner of our house...” Anya added, making her husband blush, a lot.

“Believe me, I’m already shocked just by the picture!” Dawn struck back.

“Right. And you shouldn’t stay with Tara and Willow, either. It would be worse, because lesbian sex is even more shocking! And you shouldn’t go to Giles’ house, either, ‘cause he’s old, you would be bored!” Anya advised her.

“I guess that I’m speaking for everyone if I thank you for your tact, Anya!” Giles commented sarcastically, insulted in his ego.

After what the former Vengeance Demon had said, Wesley couldn’t stop looking at Willow and Tara, who were embarrassed as never before.

Dawn cleared her throat and the young Englishman brought his attention back to her.

“Just give me the time to pack some stuff and I’ll come with you. Thanks, Wes, for everything you are doing!” she said, excited just by the thought of being alone in his car with him.

“Don’t mention it; it’s a pleasure for me, Dawnie!”

< That’s the problem, it’s a real pleasure for me... and it shouldn’t be. C’mon, Wes, she is just seventeen years old, and you’re turn twenty-seven in a couple of months, she is way too young for you ... although, she is so pretty!> he thought as he walked upstairs with her, to help her pack.

About half an hour later, the girl was done packing and after waving good-bye to the Scoobies and Giles, they left for Los Angeles.

----------------------------------------------

LONDON (U2)

The sun had finally set and the three couples had met at the warehouse’s main room, ready to go out.

Angelus kept staring first at one bleached blond and then at the other, waiting for them to begin with their plan.
He didn’t have to wait for too long.

They were on the threshold, when...

“Bloody hell, I forgot to paint my nails!” LES exclaimed and ES realized that he had the same problem then.

“I’ll be right back!” ES said, walking out of the room.

“But... is that so important?” GB rolled her eyes as she exchanged a look of solidarity with EB.

“Should I give up my dark attitude? Never ever, pet. Be right back, too!” LES struck back, following his ‘twin’.

“Paint my nails?! Isn’t that a bit lame as excuse?” ES commented, once he was alone with LES, as they both painted their nails for real, trying not to make their partners suspicious.

“Well, it worked, didn’t it?” the other blond struck back, leaving the room with him.

Seeing them return together from afar, the two Buffys had some trouble to figure out which one was their Mate... but at the end each of them left with her Spike... at least that’s what the two vampiresses thought.

Drusilla looked first at a couple and then at the other, holding her Angelus tightly as they left to mind their own business.

“Uhmm... The Moon says that that’s a shame/They’re gonna play a wicked game!” she exclaimed, pointing at the four blondes from afar.

“You’re right, my love, as always. Anyway, let’s go play our own wicked games, hmm?” Angelus suggested, pulling her closer and kissing her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ES and GB had arrived to the park.

“Honey, I was thinking ... why don’t we go kill something?” she suggested, holding him tight.

“I couldn’t agree more, sweetheart. Look, there’s a couple in that corner...” he struck back, taking her with her towards a couple that was kissing passionately.

“Ah, ah, ah. Very funny, Spikey. Now, *seriously *, let’s go to the graveyard...” she struck back.

“I’m bloody serious, baby, let me show you how much!” he sneered, running towards the couple who looked at him in a mixture of amazement and fear.

“No, Spike, wait! Are you nuts?” Buffy scolded him, reaching him.

“Good evening, people. You know, my girlfriend and I were discussing about a very important issue: which of you should I kill first?” the bleached vampire exclaimed, as Buffy looked at him confused, unable to react, not even when she saw him grab the girl, kicking the guy viciously in the stomach when he tried to defend her and smashing him against a tree where he passed out.

“See, my dear? I guess I’ll kill you first!” he growled, shifting into his demonic visage, snapping the unlucky girl’s neck in one quick move and sinking his fangs into her.

“Spike, stop it, now! What the bloody hell is wrong with you? Damn, okay, you said that this is not our world, but that doesn’t give you the right to kill? Wait a minute! You’re not my Spike, you’re ES!” Buffy figured out.

The vampire stopped drinking temporarily, raising his gaze and smiling at her with his perfect white teeth now stained with blood.

And the view excited the vampiress’ demon, a lot.

“You got it, finally, sweetheart!” he chuckled, returning to his handsome human features. “Look at me, straight into my eyes and tell me that this is not turning you on! After all, your Spike used to be just like me in his past, and you know that better than me...”

“Yeah, but now he’s changed!” she said.

“The question is ... would you have loved him even before, when he was like me, when * he was me*?” he asked her.

Buffy had trouble answering, she couldn’t deny that seeing him as a merciless and ruthless killer turned her on somehow, although the Slayer in her didn’t agree one bit.

And he was right, her Spike had been just like him, if not worse.

“Don’t tell me that you didn’t feel anything beyond hate when you met the other me for the very first time at the Bronze...”

Buffy made a puzzled face.

“How do you know about the Bronze?”

“Your man likes to talk, just as I do, and he said that killing you wasn’t exactly the first thing that came into his mind when he saw you dance!” he explained and she was really flattered by that news.

“Well, maybe if I wasn’t already in a relationship with Angel back on those days... hey, wait! That’s not what we were talking about. Why the bloody hell are you here instead of * my * Spike? Does that mean that... he is with * your * Buffy now?” she concluded as her face darkened.

“You’re smart, sunshine!” ES sneered.

“Why? Why this double betrayal? What are we two for you? A bloody dual picture-card that you can exchange whenever you feel bored?” she yelled at him with tearful eyes.

“Betrayal?! Dual picture card?! Do you really think so? Buffy, it’s not that LES is with another woman now... or that I’m with another woman. You two are the same, Buffy and Buffy. Sweetheart, did you ever seen the movie ‘Sliding Doors’?” he asked her and from tears Buffy jumped to a snicker.

“You watch movies, too! Yes, I guess that you and my Spike are one and the same!”

“Ok, this is another dimension, but, you know, television exists here, too! Coming back to what I was bloody saying, in that movie the protagonist goes through two different situations, what happens if she catches the subway on time and what if she doesn’t. You and my Childe are the protagonist and the subway is your soul. What would have happened if you had kept it, what if you had lost it?” he started explaining.

TBC

Next chapter’s title will be ‘Temptations’ and things will get a little bit darker. Once again I told you a little too much!

I hope you'll still like it! ;)