Hello again, sorry for late!

Amelia Jane, Ashley, Sharon, thank you so much, you’re just wonderful!!!

Chapter Sixteen: Lies My Parents Told Me (‘Lies My Parents Told Me’ inspired me a lot to write this chapter...)

TWO DAYS LATER

(U2) (LONDON)

LES and GB returned to London and managed to get to the warehouse just before sunrise.

At the moment, it was late morning, so, much as the rest of the warehouse, the two blonde vampires were sleeping soundly.

The sheets on their bed were pulled off of them a little bit, but that was enough to show the position that the two lovers had assumed.

They must have been very tired when they arrived, because they only had bothered to take off their shoes and coats. They almost seemed to draw a perfect symmetry, because she kept one of her legs against his as they grasped the same hem of the sheet with one hand, resting their heads against the other. They were facing each other, so close that they noses almost touched.

Peace and serenity were drawn on their faces, but someone was about to break that idyllic moment.

“Buffy, Buffy, honey, wake up!”

The blonde immediately recognized that voice, the voice of the person who had seen her grow up for twenty years, and had been close to her, giving her all her love and support, day after day, in the happy and in the sad moments she’d gone throughout her life.

Buffy opened her eyes and, as shocked as never before, she saw her mother, or rather the floating spirit of her mother. After all, she was already dead, so Buffy couldn’t pretend to see her corporeal.

“Mo... Mom! Is it... is it really you?” she asked, wavering, sitting up on her bed and being very careful not to wake her Mate up.

“Yes, honey, it’s me. I’m always looking after you from above, but now I’m here to help you...” she warned her.

“To help me? Why? I don’t understand... Spike and I already know everything that’s going to happen and what we’re about to face, so, there’s no need to...” she trailed, confused.

“No, honey, that’s precisely the point. The Giles with whom you met the last time... think about it... did you ever touch him?” the woman asked her.

Realization hit Buffy like a storm in the middle of a sunny day.

“Damn! No, I never touched him... and neither did Spike...” Buffy remembered, getting alarmed.

“Oh, Buffy, how could you make such a big mistake? He was The First and he told you a lot of lies!” the woman warned her.

“A lot of lies? So... the whole speech about the soul that Spike and I now share together...” she started realizing, terrified, as she jumped off the bed.

“That’s right, honey. What he told you is nothing but the exact opposite. You know, I’ve always loved Spike as a son, but now he’s too dangerous for you. If you stay with him… you’ll end up losing your soul. He’s just pretending to have half of your soul...” Joyce informed her.

“No! No, stop talking like that. You’re wrong and I don't want to listen to you anymore. He can’t... why should he...” she wondered.

“Can’t you see, sweetie? Didn’t you figure it out yet? The First already controls him. Spike is evil again and he wants to make you take his side and that happens to be The First’s side. And if he manages to do that, you’ll never get into Heaven again, if one day you unfortunately die that is, we’ll never meet again, Buffy!” she explained.

“I said that I would love him even if he turned evil again, but I can’t turn evil like him, not now, not in this case, not when the safety of the whole world is involved. Oh, mom, help me, what can I do?” Buffy asked her, as she was victim of the most total confusion ever, while she looked at her still sleeping Sire.

“It’s simpler than you think, my dear... if you kill him, you’ll get your whole soul back. Buffy, you are the Slayer, you have to be good, you’ve got to choose the right side!” the woman exhorted her, before fading away.

Buffy jolted awake, very agitated, taking a look around.

It was just a dream, but she knew that her dreams always had a hidden truth in them. No matter if she didn’t like that truth one bit, she had to make the dutiful and very painful decision.

She stared at the night table on her side, especially at the drawer where she kept some stakes, for any emergency.

It would take less than a minute for her to open the drawer, pick up a stake, approach her Sire taking advantage of his sleep, and then...

< No, no, a world of no! I must not... I can’t... I just can’t... I love him so much... but I can’t let The First win, either!> she thought, deciding that maybe the right thing to do at the moment was to run away from there and find shelter in the most hidden corner of the warehouse, staying there until the sunset.

And that’s what she actually did, making an effort not to burst out crying or to even sob. She knew very well that to hide was not the best solution, but in that moment too many angsty and terrifying thoughts were invading her mind, so she just needed to be alone.

Although she was invisible to Buffy, the fake Joyce had seen the whole scene and wasn’t happy about that at all.

“You, stupid sentimental Slayer! You were supposed to kill him, not to run away! Oh, well, it doesn’t matter, on second thought maybe it’s better that you didn’t kill him... because I have another card to play, a very, very important one...” and saying that, The First shifted into another woman’s features, a woman who had been extremely important to Spike... or rather to William.

“William, William, wake up, my precious!” she whispered sweetly, and the vampire jolted awake at the sound of that voice, the voice of his mother.

(End I)

Uhmm.. This is just the beginning. As you can imagine... things are going to get much worse... I warn you!


I hope you'll still like it..