Amelia-Jane, Sharon, thank you so very much!!

As promised, here’s the next part, this should be fun:


Not Yet Ready Yet (II)

TWO DAYS LATER
(U2) SUNNYDALE

“Honey, all this commuting between London and Sunnydale, it’s getting kinda stressful!” GB complained as she and LES headed to the High School for the umpteenth time.

“I know, luv, but we have to talk with our dear Rupert, so...” Spike struck back, opening the door to her as they got into the library, very carefully and casually.

As soon as they saw Giles, they ran towards him as he ran into them. But all three had specific reasons why to do that, which became clear when they all ended up pushing each other to the floor.

“I touched you, so you can’t be the First!” they exclaimed in unison, getting up.

“So, I guess that you two already met the First, too,” Giles figured out.

“Yes, we did, and it wasn’t a pleasant experience at all. He/She ... whatever, it has kind of messed up with my mind,” Spike explained quickly, rolling his eyes.

“Yes, and it fooled me as well. So we were going to kill each other, that’s such a horrible memory,” Buffy added, holding her Sire tight.

“A certain someone had already warned you about never underestimating your adversary, but you were too busy swearing that nothing could tear you apart,” Giles muttered with a very low voice, but obviously the two vampires’ supernatural hearing allowed them to hear it, but they decided to ignore him.

“Hey, what about your own meeting with the sodding First?” Spike changed subject.

“Well, it’s been almost a week since he started appearing to me looking like you, or you, and it tried to make me believe that you two had turned evil and that I had to kill you and take back the medallion, but as you can’t see, *I* wasn’t fooled by that!” he struck back proudly and this time the two vampires couldn’t help growling at him, annoyed.

“First, because I believe in you, and second, it always appeared as you, Spike, *or* as you, Buffy, but never as you two *together*, so that’s why I figured out everything,” he explained. “So, the First is here and it’s not alone...” Giles kept talking.

“Uh?” the two blondes looked at him astonished.

“Don’t tell me that there’s that... super vamp that our Giles talked about... the... the Cha-Cha Kan?” Buffy wondered.

“I suppose that you meant the *uber vamp *, the * Turock-han *!” Giles corrected her and Buffy rolled her eyes, snorting and shrugging, just as she used to do with her Watcher.

“Anyway, yes, I meant them,” he answered.

“Them? How many are they?” Spike wondered.

“At least four, but they kept increasing their number, I don’t know how... “ Giles grumbled, caressing his chin with a thoughtful attitude.

“You know that this is the Hellmouth, don’t you?” Buffy asked him.

“Of course I know that the Hellmouth is in this town!” the Watcher said.

“No, I mean that this *school * is, and you know what? In our world the portal was in the library,” the blonde girl informed him.

“Oh, dear Lord, I didn’t know that and now that you mention it, there’s an odd symbol in this room and I’ve been trying to figure out what it is for months... but I know it’s nothing good,” Giles explained as he opened a door next to the room they were in, showing them the odd seal in the middle of the floor.

“Oh my, that’s the symbol in Cordy’s vision!” Buffy exclaimed, seeing the dark and dismal black star inside a circle.

“Well, buddy, you’re a master in the matters of Siring and consequences, but when it’s about portals... Rupert 1 is bloody better!” Spike commented. “Can’t you see? It’s from there that that those sodding things came out!” the vampire went on, as the Watcher looked at him more and more confused.

“How?” he wondered as he took his glasses off in order to clean them.

“Blood.” Spike explained with a single and very simple word.

“What?”

“Oh, c’mon, Rupert, don’t you get it? Blood is always the key. Why do you think that we crave it so much? Because blood is power, blood is life...” he pointed out, but a sudden grumble from his Childe’s stomach cut him off.

“Oops, I beg your pardon. Anyway, love, this is your fault, all this speech about blood made me so hungry!” she justified, very embarrassed.

Spike smiled at her.

“We’ll think about your pretty tummy later, honey!” he winked at her and then he turned to Giles who was looking at them in a not very nice way.

“Relax, buddy, no hunt, no innocents, no human beings at all!” the blond cleared the point and immediately after he drew a mobile form the pocket of his black leather coat and that was something that Buffy had never seen before.

Spike noticed her astonished look.

“Wassup, sunshine? Can’t I have a mobile?”

“Question number One, why the hell do you need it?” Buffy wondered.

“Well, as you can see it comes in handy, as now...”

“What do you mean?”

“We are not ready yet. We need ES &Co to come here to fight with us, and we can’t go back to London and tell them to reach us, we already wasted a lot of time. So I’m gonna call him now, you know, we exchanged our phone numbers,” he explained.

“Fine. Question number Two, how the hell did you get it?” she kept with her interrogation.

“Well, at the last patrol I did alone, there was a demon, and...” he started explaining, but she looked at him in disbelief.

“A demon...” she repeated.

“Well, a pacific one...”

“A demon?” she repeated.

“Well, on second thought, now I happen to remember that...” he rambled, visibly agitated, unable to face his Childe’s questioningly look.

“A * demon*?” she asked him for the third time, with her hands on her hips.

“Ok, ok, I give in. He was an innocent human being, I scared the hell out of him with a couple of growls and flashing yellow eyes and I summoned him to give me his mobile... and it worked!” Spike sneered. “And don’t dare to scold me, I didn’t bloody kill any one!” he added.

“Question number Three, why didn’t you steal one for me, too?” she asked him with an evil smile, winking at him.

“That will be the first thing I’m gonna do at the next patrol on my own, once we are back in our world, my Queen!” her Sire promised to her with the same evil smile.

TBC

And if you want to read about the phone call between the two Spikes, well... don’t miss next chapter then, there will also be a veeeery hot moment... of course, * not * between the two Spikes, eewww!!