Amelia-Jane, Sharon, thank youuuuu!!!

Chapter Twenty-Two: Intervention

“Love, are you really going to stay here without doing anything when we finally know exactly where our enemies are?” GB asked, playing with her mate’s hair.

“That’s my Slayer!” He chuckled. “But you know, this Rupert told us to wait, because the others are not ready yet,” he made her notice.

“Yes, but you and I are more than ready, aren’t we? And since when do we follow the rules?” she struck back, making him laugh.

“My beautiful temptress, is there anything that you wouldn’t manage to make me do?” He smiled at her as they left the school.

“I don’t think so!” she struck back.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Please, stop, I’ve already filled all my empty diaries with all the details that you could give me, I think it’s more than enough!” Giles exclaimed, exasperated, taking the four vampires of his dimension out from his studio.

“Hey, Watcher, it’s you who suggested this first and you should be happy, because you had the luck of meeting four vampires who are gonna be a legend… no, wait.. they already are!” ES responded.

“Yeah, but I had never met such bragging, meticulous and scarily proud vampires as you four! I just wanted some information, instead now I can write your complete biography!” the Watcher complained.

“There’s always a first time for everything.” EB chuckled.

“Well, lucky for me, the other two are not like you,” Giles thought out loud, before realizing that LES and GB were nowhere to be found.

“You’re right, the other two are nothing like us... they’re so much worse!” Angelus commented.

“The team doesn’t follow their coach, but they want to make the touchdown!” Drusilla stated.

Angelus looked at her astonished.

“My love, since when do you like football?”

“Football? What is that?” she asked him, more astonished than him.

“Nothing, never mind!” her Sire rolled his eyes exasperated.

“I already told you, mate, you do nothing but keep wasting your time if you look for even a tiny bit of mental sanity in that crazy bint, you have more chances to find it in her china dolls!” ES chuckled as he and Drusilla stared at each other with mutual extreme dislike.

“They are too irresponsible, I bet that they went face our enemies even if I repeatedly told them to wait, because we are not ready yet!” Giles snapped as he put a book he had left on the desk back in its place. “I mean, I can’t even turn my back for a second...” he went on, turning back to the four vampires, who had already run away. “And they disappear!” Giles concluded, talking to himself, as he could just hope that those six reckless vampires would return safe and sound.

----------------------------------------------------

LES and GB had regretted of the idea they had had, but they had already paid the price for their recklessness, a very high price, since they had faced the powerful and strong Turock Han that were the First’s main warriors, only managing to escape due to some kind of miracle.

Buffy was covered with bruises and wounds, with a large cut that crossed her right cheek, and Spike not only was in a similar conditions, but he couldn’t even walk.

Lucky for him, his Childe was there to help him, pulling his arm around her shoulders to support him as they walked.

“Pet, I guess that I gotta learn how to say ‘BLOODY NO’ to you sometimes!” he snapped.

“Rescue now. Scold, later.” Buffy defended, telegraphically, dragging him towards the school.
At half way, they met the other four vampires who were rushing to help them.

“Gee, guys, are you okay?” EB exclaimed in concern, approaching to them.

“What sodding kind of question is that? Of course we are NOT okay!” LES snapped.

“Please, honey, don’t mind him, he’s always in a bad mood whenever he loses against an opponent!” GB explained, smiling at her.

“Believe me, I know!” EB winked at her.

“Attention please: I DIDN’T LOSE. I just DID NOT FINISH my battle, because Buffy dragged me away when no one bloody asked her!” he justified.

“Well, Mr. Insulted Pride, sorry if I saved your ass, the next time I will let you finish the fight that would bring you to an inevitable death!” GB struck back, pissed off, as she put her Sire arm around ES’s shoulders. “I mean, I love you and everything, but... gee, I’d prefer you to seriously injure your tongue instead of your back!” she added.

“See, mate? She used to be such a pain in the ass back to the days when we were mortal enemies! No doubt why I craved to kill her so bad!” LES snapped, turning to GB. “Anyway, sunshine, you know how beautiful you are when you are pissed off, don’t you?” he added with a softer and sensual tone and she became all sugary and moony eyes with him immediately after.

“Damn! How can it be that every single time you use one of your dirty tricks on me... they always work?” she smiled at him, getting closer and closer.

“Well, it’s simple, it’s because I know how to push your buttons, after all the times I’ve pushed them,” he struck back with a malicious smirk at the last part and a lustful light in his blue zephyr eyes.

“You, pig!” she insulted him with a fake annoyed attitude. “Anyway, can’t wait for you to push my... buttons... again!” she added, showing him the same malicious smile and the same luxury in her green emerald eyes.

“Me too, pet,” LES murmured, trying to bend over her in the attempt of giving her a kiss, but that was not a clever move. “Ouch! Maybe not now... ouch, ouch!” he grumbled, as he kept massaging his back.

“So, tell us, what happened? How could they pummel you two like that?” Angelus wondered.

“Well, after two of them beat me down, threw me against the wall every now and then they also made a pile of bricks fall down on me, well... it’s pretty easy to look like this!” GB explained, grimacing in pain a little.

(End I)

Things will get a little bit ‘darker’ in the second part, I hope you won’t mind.

I hope you'll still like it...