Hello, sorry for this huge late, but fnally I’m back with this story, too.. t least with the first part, I’m still writing the second..

Amelia-Jane, Sharon, thank youuuuu soo very… very much!!

Chapter Twenty-Six: The End

They were just a few blocks away from their temporary home, when LES suddenly stopped walking.

“Wait. There’s a place I gotta go to first. Don’t wait for me, I’ll meet up with you back home as soon as I’m done, okay?” he warned the others.

“What’s wrong, honey?” his Mate asked worried.

“Don’t worry, luv, it’s just something I gotta do, trust me, I’ll be right back, and don’t even try to follow me, because you know that I would know immediately if you do,” he said, walking away and leaving her puzzled.

She felt a hand place on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, sweetheart,” ES murmured as he held his Childe with his other arm. “I’ll keep you company. After all, we already know that I can replace your Sire in *everything *,” he added with a knowing smile, raising an eyebrow.

The two vampiresses’ reactions were immediate. They both shoved their elbows in his stomach, yelling a double: “You pervert pig!” As EB broke free and quickened her pace, leaving him behind, bent on his knees due to the pain.

“Ouch! Bloody women, why can’t you tell when I’m just kidding?” he complained, recovering from the double blows.

“Maybe because you rarely joke when it’s something related to sex, you pervert pig! Now go make things better with * your * Buffy, before she forces you to sleep on the floor, or worse... outside the house!” GB advised him and he obeyed.

When they arrived home, Drusilla and Angelus disappeared into their room, while ES chased EB all around the house.

Taking advantage of the fact that there was still a couple of hours left until sunrise, GB went out to the porch, lying on the floor to stare at the sky—that was something she always did when she was thoughtful, and in that moment, hell yeah she definitely was.

It was the first time, since they had ended up in that dimension that she was without Spike, and no matter if it was just for a little while, it was enough to lose herself in her thoughts and remember her loved ones.

< Dawnie, gee, I miss you so much, I miss everyone, I just hope that everything is fine there. I rushed into this adventure without even thinking and I dragged Spike with me... but it’s only now, the night before the final battle ... that all my doubts and fears are resurfacing. Everything has gone way too good so far, something bad is bound to happen. I know that it won’t be an easy fight at all, maybe some of us won’t survive. We don’t t know if the spell will work ... and mostly we still don’t know how the damn medallion works! And what if we never manage to go back? No, Buffy, don’t think about that, not now. Grrr, it’s all Spike’s fault, because he left me alone in such an important moment, but why? What did he have to do? I must find out... > she told herself, determined to leave, but LES ran into her.

“Too late, pet, I already did what I had to do, it was easier than I thought,” he said cryptically, coming inside the house with her.

“Where did you go?” she questioned him.

“Ah, ah, don’t be to curious, sunshine, I’ll tell you everything when the proper time comes!”

“I don’t think there’s too much time left, I’m afraid that tomorrow could be our last day. I have a bad feeling, William,” she confessed, holding him tight.

“Buffy, we have been through lots of trouble in the past. I’m sure we’ll come off better this time, too!” he reassured her, lifting her up in his arms and bringing her inside the house to their bed. “Now we just have to rest, honey, there’s no time for bad thoughts. Who knows? Maybe after the battle we’ll be back in our dimension. You know, I miss hugging the Nibblet almost as much as I miss punching the Whelp!” he said, managing to make her laugh.

Actually Spike had the same bad feeling that his Childe had, but he had managed to hide it, in order to give her all the reassurance that he lacked.

“Okay, my love, you’re right, we’ll kick the bloody First’s incorporeal ass. And when we go back home, * our real home *, we will be able to brag to the others for ages about how we defeated it!” she stated, much more relieved.

“You know what? Now we won’t even make love as if it was the last time that we can spend together. We are gonna stay here in bed, simply cuddled together and looking at each other until sleep claims us,” she murmured, cuddling in his arms.

At the beginning, Spike cursed his bad mouth for giving her such an idea, but after they spent most of the night in each other’s arms, communicating just with their eyes, he understood that what they were doing maybe ran even deeper than sex.

*********************************** (In the meantime)

Rupert dialled a very important number to him, knowing that he wouldn’t disturb anyone, because even if at Sunnydale it was almost sunrise, in London it was already late morning.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Harm, it’s me.”

“Hi, my wise little owl, how are you, honey?”

“Fine for now, but you know, tomorrow could be our last day, I already told you about that,” he explained.

“Yes, I remember. Anyway, don’t be afraid, the world is not going to end!” she stated with determination. “Not before I’ve gotten my degree, created my own fashion collection and become a candidate to be the first woman President of the United States,” she clarified.

“And to think that I was sure that you’d want to comfort me,” the man sighed, rolling his eyes. “By the way, ambitious much, honey?”

“That’s what happens when you’re such a perfect girl as I am! You know, even if you forced me to move over here to protect me, I happen to be the most brilliant student even at London University. Although studying is not fun anymore without you, my wise little owl, I miss you so bad,” she complained with a pout he couldn’t see.

“Oh, sweetie, I miss you, too, but don’t worry, once the battle is over I’ll meet you there... if I survive. You know, I just wanted to tell you that I love you. Just that, honey, goodbye!” He hung up, wishing that that wouldn’t be their last phone call.

(End I)

What can I say about the next part? That it’s long, pretty long... and I’d better not tell you anything else or I’ll spoil you. ;)


I hope you'll still like it ..