Sorry for late!


Chapter 3: Let’s go!

**************************** (In the meantime)

(U1)

“What does that mean?” Wesley asked and Drusilla’s only answer was to repeat the same sentences.

“Thank you, Dru, now it’s all clearer!” Gunn commented sarcastically.

“I don’t know what she is talking about, but I’m sure that it’s related to Cordy’s vision, so now we’d better go back and do some research ... “ Angel suggested.

“Fine. And we’ll talk with Giles as soon as he comes back, that means in two days, and then we’ll let you know the news!” Buffy informed him and everyone nodded.

“As soon as the sun sets we’ll leave ...” Angel stated, as Dawn grabbed Wesley’s hand, dragging him to the other room.

“It’s still daylight, so there’s still time for my party...” the girl explained, going back into the living room as Spike and Buffy stayed put by the stairs to prevent the two of them from seeking a little too much privacy in Dawn’s room, as the teenager had done before.

------------------------------------------------------
TWO DAYS LATER.

Giles didn’t waste time and as soon as he came back from London he called everyone for a meeting that same night.

Wesley was there, too, to compare his research to Giles’, and that made Dawn very, very happy.

After almost forty five minutes and tons of very difficult words in Latin and sometimes even in antique Greek, Wesley and Giles finally came to a conclusion.

“We’re sorry, but this time we have serious trouble...” Wesley started, cleaning his glasses. “About Cordy ‘s vision... the black star inside a circle and the blood of the victims are the ritual to bring up an uber-vamp ...” he went on.

“An uber... what?!” Buffy wondered in confusion.

“It’s one of the most powerful warriors, it’s the primordial vampire on this Earth!” Giles explained. “But most of all, it’s the First Evil’s most devoted minion...” he added, setting his glasses on his nose after polishing them nervously.

“Oh no, not the First, not again!” Buffy said upset and Spike hugged her, making her lean her head on his shoulder.

“Is it so terrible?” the vampire wondered, puzzled by his beloved’s reaction.

“Well, you know, it’s the purest form of Evil, it can assume any features, be any person it wants to be, but it has no body, it’s only a spirit, but it’s very dangerous, because it can manipulate people’s mind quite easily... ask Angel about that!” Giles answered.

“What about Angel?”

“Before his decision to go to L.A., when he was still here at Sunnydale, the First appeared to him in several forms, reminding him of the people he had killed and increasing his guilt, in order to turn him evil again to kill me, but it failed. So... it did something even worse, it persuaded him he should self-combust… And Angel was very close of doing that!” Buffy explained.

Obviously, Spike didn’t like hearing her talk about Angel, but he pushed away every shred of jealousy when she caressed his face sweetly.

“And now I’m so scared that it could do the same to you, my love!” she admitted with tearful eyes.

“Don’t you remember? Buffy, nothing can tear us apart...” he reassured her with a tender kiss, until they heard the two Englishmen clear their throats, so they remembered that they weren’t done yet.

“Oops, sorry, please, go on!” Buffy apologized.

“Fine. This time it seems that the First Evil is determined to bring the whole world back to the age of darkness, that means to destroy everything and everyone...” Giles went on.

“So, it seems that we’re gonna stop the umpteenth apocalypse, as always!” Spike commented superficially, as all the others threw daggers at him with their eyes.

“It’s not that simple, Spike: this is the scariest apocalypse of all. And maybe this time someone would not survive...” Wesley warned him.

“Hey, wait a minute. You told us about Cordy’s vision, but also Dru had one. So, what about hers?” Spike asked curiously and Buffy nodded.

“Well, you know...” Wesley began, drawing out a book from a closet, but Giles snatched it from his hands, putting it back on its place.

“We found out nothing about that...” he said.

“But Wesley just said that you...” Buffy trailed.

“There’s still some text missing, we’re still translating it, maybe there could be some hidden dangers...” Giles justified.

“What is it?” she insisted.

“Buffy, you know, we have always faced everything together, so..” he trailed.

“WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS IT?” she forced him to talk, losing her patience, growling and flashing her fangs at him.

Giles and Wesley exchanged a look, so the older Englishman gave the book back to the younger one, letting him free to explain everything.

“It’s a temporary ritual that allows us to send the First into another dimension with you, to find someone there who can help you defeat it and its army. The ritual is pretty simple, it involves a magic circle and a night of full moon...” Wesley explained.

“There will be a full moon next week, so we can perform the spell then... “ Buffy suggested and Spike approved.

“Wait! You’re going way too fast, after all we still ignore what ...” Giles scolded her, but Buffy looked at him seriously, impassibly and determined.

“No, Giles, you listen to me, we can’t waste time, we’ve gotta act before it’s too late, so we’re gonna do it next week. End of the speech!” she declared.

He knew very well that whenever his Slayer had that look and used that tone there was nothing to say against her decision.

----------------------------------------------------

A WEEK LATER

The night of full moon had finally arrived and everyone was ready.

The most concerned person was Dawn, who seemed unable to stop crying... but maybe it was, at least partly, a female tactic, since it was Wesley the one in charge to hug and comfort her.

When Giles and Wesley had asked Willow and Tara’s help with the spell, the redhead had looked at the blonde with the same look that a little girl gives her mother in a toy store, and her eyes had sparkled with happiness when Tara had allowed her to accept.

As they put the magic stones to create the circle, with the two vampires inside it, Anya said something... typical of Anya.

“Bye, bye! Come back alive and un-dead, and maybe send us a post card... wait! I’m not sure that other dimensions have a mail delivery system ... Whatever, buy me a souvenir, then!” she exclaimed, before her husband managed to make her shut up.

Xander hugged Buffy goodbye, but about Spike... well, he would have a death wish if he tried to do such a thing! A manly shake of hands was more than enough!

After the last good bye with an optimistic cheering, Wesley and Giles started the antique ritual in order to make the two blondes cross the two dimensions, speaking in its original language as the two witches pronounced the translation they had created.

‘FROM THIS WORLD THEY’LL DISAPPEAR JUST IN A HEARTBEAT/
‘CAUSE SOMEWHERE ELSE THEIR ENEMY THEY’RE GONNA BEAT!’

After they said that, the stones started shining and in an almost blinding light the two vampires disappeared as they held their hands.

“And now we just gotta hope that everything will be fine!” Giles commented, visibly concerned.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(U2) LONDON

Spike and Buffy floated through time and space for several hours and then they finally landed with a harsh thump.

As he got up, helping his Childe to do the same, he took a quick look around and he immediately recognized where they were.

“We were supposed to fall into another dimension, but I’m bloody sure that we are in my beautiful London!” he informed her, as they walked through a park, relieved due to the fact that it was still night... although sunrise was dangerously near.

“Well, maybe this is a parallel London of a parallel world!” Buffy figured out as they saw two familiar figures from afar.

“About time, too! Hey, you two, we were going to go back without you!” Angelus exclaimed, approaching, as Drusilla linked her arm through his.

Their faces were stained with blood, and it wasn’t their blood for sure!

“How the bloody hell did you got here before us? You weren’t inside the bloody circle... you weren’t even there with the others... and what the bloody hell happened to you?” Spike snapped, starting to get nervous, because he understood less and less what was happening.

“Anyway, Dru, I’m glad to see that you came back to your traditions, you’re not a fashion victim anymore!” the blonde vampiress commented chuckling, while Drusilla and Angelus looked at them confused.

“What the hell are you blathering about, Boy?” Angelus asked Spike and, hearing the way he had called him, Spike had a terrible suspicion.

“Angelus?” he wondered.

“Whom did you expect? The deep blue fairy? Boy, are you sure that you are ok?”

“Oh, my poor friends, you’re so clean and moody... there was no fun in your hunt tonight, no joy...” Drusilla stated, swinging back and forward.

“Hunt? Oh, my god, you two are evil!” Buffy figured out.

For their only answer, the two brunette vampires burst out laughing.

“Oh, yes, we are evil, as evil as you are!” the brunette vampiress sing song, but then she looked at the other vampiress better. “Buffy... you look different. You seem so much... Older!” she observed, concerned.

“* Whom* do you dare call older?” a very insulted Buffy snapped, but not the one whom Drusilla had talked to, but the Buffy of her same dimension who had heard her as she came back with her Spike from their hunt.

Surrounded by the two Spikes and the two Buffys, Angelus and Drusilla exchanged a very confused look, but not as confused and puzzled as the ones shared by the four blondes.

TBC

I know, I know, evil cliff-hanger iiiihihiiih!

And, just to give you a hint, next chapter will be ‘Am I seeing double?’ ;)


I hope you'll like it.. but if no one tells me I'll never know…