Hello sorry for this biiig late!!!

Anyway, don’t worry, none of my fan fiction will be left incomplete, even if it probably would take me ages to update them!

Thanks everyone, mostly for your patience!!

Finally, here’s the new part:


The Return (II)

*********************** (In the meantime)

(U1) SUNNYDALE

“Where are we going? Where are you taking us, Angel?” Willow wondered as she followed the vampire along with the rest of the Scooby gang.

“You’ll see when we get there,” he answered vaguely, increasing the pace.

They arrived to the same spot where Spike and Buffy had crossed the two dimensions, but Angel ignored it.

From afar they saw a very agitated Drusilla who kept twirling around and giggling.

“What’s wrong with her?” Xander wondered, astonished.

“Yeah, she seems crazier than usual!” Anya commented.

“That is a very good question. I don’t really know what’s wrong with her, she has been acting like that ever since she woke up, and as soon as the sun set she ran here, I’m very worried, that’s why I called you all here,” Angel explained, trying to get closer to his Childe.

But before he could even skim her with the tip of his fingers, she laid on the ground, out of the blue, keeping silent, staring at the sky with a huge grin playing on her face.

Angel knew very well what it meant whenever she acted like that.

“Are you having a vision, my love?”

She nodded as she kept smiling.

“Oh my God! It’s about Buffy and Spike, isn’t it? Oh God, what happened? I have such a bad feeling,” Dawn said, her eyes filled with tears of deep fear.

Although the fact that her friend was smiling made her hope of something positive.

Wesley would have liked to step closer to her and comfort her, but he was afraid of the others’ reaction if they noticed. No one knew about them and no one should know, at least for the time being. So, he confined himself to smile at her and that was enough to make her recall his speech about hope.


“I’m naming all the stars, but I’ve named them all with the same name,” Drusilla murmured. “And their name is return!”

As the others questioned themselves about the possible meaning of those cryptic words, all of the sudden, seemingly from out of nowhere, they saw a medallion fall on the ground, identical to the one Drusilla and Angel had shown to Giles before.

It was so hot that it still smoked, no one dared to get closer and pick it up.

They were already astonished due to the unexpected appearance, but what happened after that astonished them even more: from the medallion a very bright light came out and everyone blinked for a second, and when they could see again, their faces registered several emotions, going from fear, to surprise to joy.

“It burns, it burns!” Buffy and Spike yelled in unison, half scorched, as they rolled on the grass in order to extinguish the flames that were still burning on their bodies.

They hadn’t realized yet where they were, all that mattered to them right then was to extinguish that damn fire.

“Buffy! Spike! You’re back, you’re back, you’re baaaaaack!”

The last squeak of happiness was unmistakable: Dawn.

But if Dawn was there, it meant that...

Laboriously, very laboriously, the two blondes turned to the other side, and even more laboriously they tried to get up, but they were still too wounded and weak to manage to do that.

Dawn ran into them, trying not to hug them too tight as to not to hurt them.

“Dawnie, I thought I’d never see you again!” Buffy murmured.

“Me, too, it was horrible!” her sister nodded, unable to part from them.

“I told you, Nibblet, we are two nuts too hard to crack!” Spike exclaimed, kissing her forehead.
“But not to burn, ouch!” he added the second after, grimacing in pain, trying to part gently from the teenager’s arms.

The others walked towards them then.

“He’s right, ouch! It’s not that I don’t want to hug you all, guys, but right now I haven’t enough strength to do that. Try to understand. Anyway, I promise there will be a collective hug as soon as we’ve recovered... ouch!” Buffy told them, as Giles helped her get up very carefully while Angel did the same with Spike.
“See, Peaches? While you were here brooding, someone else saved the world!” the bleached blond teased him.

It didn’t matter if he was as weak as a lamb, to piss his grand Sire off was something he couldn’t give up.

“First, I don’t brood, and second... shut up, otherwise... I’ll hug you!” his grand Sire threatened him, and Spike immediately kept silent, since right at that moment a hug meant just one thing to him: pain.

“Bad Daddy, be nice to my poor William!” Drusilla defended him, getting closer to his Childe and replacing Angel to support him.

Buffy didn’t show any signs of jealousy... maybe because she couldn’t muster the strength for that.

“Buffy, is he right? Did you save the world?”

“Gee, Giles, what do you think? That we came back here temporarily because we forgot something in our suitcase? And for the record, we don’t even have a suitcase! We are done with our mission, successfully. Okay, we saved another world, but it’s the same!” Buffy explained.

“Do you mean the world of the other dimension, right?” Giles asked, as curious as the others.

“Yeah, but that is such a long story... just let us rest, recover, and then we promise we’ll tell you everything, it will be fun, believe me!” Spike chuckled.

In the meantime, Anya had got closer to the medallion, passing it from one hand to the other, because it was still way too warm.

“Oh, guys, you kept your word! I knew you would bring me a souvenir!” she exulted.

“Anya, no! I already told you about the medallion and what it can do, how powerful it is!” Giles protested.

“Yeah, you did, but they used it, ‘cause you used it, didn’t you? So, it lost all its magic and the only power it has now is to match every one of my outfits!” she answered, holding it tight.

“I’m sorry, buddy, it seems that you won’t put it in your box of Champion’s stuff!”

“It’s not a box, it’s a drawer. Plus, I already have that medallion. Anyway, what the hell? Why does everyone know about that?” the brunette vampire snapped.

“This time is not my fault!” Drusilla declared innocently.

“Well, when I stole the Gem, last time I was at Los Angeles, I took a look here and there.” Spike sneered.

“Let’s talk about serious stuff. Guys, if you saved the world, defeated the First and used the amulet... how did you manage to survive?” Xander wondered.
“We are wondering the same thing. We were sure that we would die, we had sacrificed ourselves, we were surrounded by flames...”

“Sacrifice, that’s it!” Wesley cut Buffy off, turning to Giles, enlightened.

“Do you remember when we found out that the only way for them to come back from the other dimension was to sacrifice themselves? Well, probably the will to sacrifice was enough and the sacrifice in itself was not required!” Wesley figured out.

“Right. Maybe it was almost like a test... to prove your braveness and altruism,” Giles said, looking at the two blondes.

“I don’t care about altruism, but about braveness... well, we have a whole bunch of stones!” Spike stated with pride.

“So, you almost died in flames. Well, after all, you’ve always said that yours is a burning love!” Xander chuckled.

“I’m too weak to punch you, Whelp. Angel, would you mind...” Spike asked his Grand Sire, who was all too happy to comply, punching Xander’s head, not too much, of course. Damn breakable humans!

“Ouch. Well, Zero sense of humour here, I see. After all, I should have known better... you’re English! Anyway, hey! You promised that you would never call me Whelp again if I got married!” Xander protested, but Anya heard that very well.

“What does that mean, Xander? That you married me only for that? Grrr, if only I had my powers back, I’d teach you a lesson you wouldn’t forget!” she snapped, furious.

“No, honey, please, you misunderstood. I love you, no blackmails, it’s just love!” her husband justified, as Spike laughed, glad for bringing a little chaos there.

Buffy rolled her eyes, but then she smiled, enjoying the dear old routine.

“Home, sweet home!”

TBC


I hope you’ll still like it, please let me know.

I don’t know when , but I’ll update this one and the others, one day, just keep be patient ..