Sorry for late!

Thank you so much, Amelia-Jane and DK!! You made me very happy!



Chapter four: Am I Seeing Double? (I took a few sentences from ‘Becoming Pt. 2)

They all kept silent for a while.

The two Spikes thought that they were staring at a mirror... and it was something that both of them hadn’t been able to do for a very long time.

In fact, they looked the same in every slightest detail, from their outfit to their hair to the black nail polish on their hands, they were practically identical.

Except for the fact that the Spike of that dimension, just like his Mate, had not only his face, but also his clothes stained with blood. Those two hadn’t just fed, they also must have had some wicked fun with their victims, first.


Things were different for the two Buffys, though, because they were very different. To begin with, they weren’t even the same age, the Buffy of that dimension was younger, had longer and lighter blonde hair, and she had a little scar that ran across her mouth, that her Sire was absolutely crazy for.
About their dressing style, they seemed to have the same taste, because they both wore tight pants and a low-cut tank top, but the younger Buffy missed the black leather coat that the older Buffy had and that was a match of the one her Sire wore.

The two Spikes weren’t identical just due to their physical aspect, but also due to their attitude, because they snapped at the same time with the same sentence.

“What the bloody hell is going on here?”

“I don’t have the slightest idea. All I know for sure it’s that sunrise is near and we all should go back to the warehouse!” Angelus suggested and the newly arrived vamps followed the other four, getting to the warehouse just in the nick of time.

“And now tell us everything you know!” Angelus summoned them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“… So, that’s why we are here now!” Spike finished his explanation.

“Let me see if I got it straight, you don’t want a guy in your world, so you sent him here to us. What? Did you mistook our dimension for a bloody dump?” the other Spike snapped.

“First, it’s not a guy, it’s something powerful that you can’t even begin to imagine and we will notice its presence soon...” the good Buffy warned them.

“She is right. Sorry if we involved you, but it’s a matter of saving the world!” her Spike added.

“Hey and who said that we want to get involved? I don’t see why we should help you!” Angelus grumbled.

“Because the ritual was supposed to bring us to some people that would help us and you four must be those people. After all, we’ll need some very good fighters... and you are the best!” Spike explained, sure that if the other him was anything like him he would be very sensible to the compliments.

Which was confirmed when he saw the other Spike smile, pleased and proud by what he had said.

“Plus we like our world as I’m sure you like yours. There are dog races, Manchester United... but most of all, people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It’s all right here...” Spike tried to persuade them with the same speech he had used with Buffy the night of their truce against Angelus, and she also remembered it very well.

“I like the way you talk... well, maybe because it’s the same way I talk!” the other Spike sneered. “Ok, I’m with you!” he approved and, as it’s not difficult to figure out, also his Childe agreed immediately with the same enthusiasm.

Angelus and Drusilla had still to decide what to do, so they consulted.

“What do you think about that, my love?” he asked her.

“Mm... I like people, they’re so much fun to kill. And if the world ends, Princess won’t have anyone left to play with... and she’ll be very unhappy...” she whined, making puppy eyes to her Sire.

“You’re right, baby. Well, it’s okay for me, too, then!” he answered as she picked up her favourite china doll from the back of the sarcophagus.

“She also says that we are doing the right thing!” the brunette vampiress smiled, but when the Spike from the other dimension saw that doll he rolled his eyes exasperated.

“No! Again with the bloody Miss Edith and her bloody tea parties, even here!” he grumbled.

His words caught Drusilla’s attention. “How did you call my little doll?”

“Miss Edith… why?” he answered a little bit puzzled.

“It’s just perfect, I like it, it fits her to a T!” she exulted and then she turned to her doll, brushing her hair tenderly. “See, Miss Edith? I’ve finally found a pretty name for you!”

“I owe you one, Boy Number Two. She has been torturing me, *literally *, for years, because I couldn’t find the right name for her doll!” Angelus admitted, smiling.

“Oh, don’t worry, my love, I’ll find a new reason to torture you very soon!” Drusilla assured him, scratching his face and licking away the blood that had come out from it, just like it was her habit by then.

“Coming back to what I was saying, it’s fun to hear you, buddy, talking about saving the world, because years ago in our dimension you tried to destroy it!” Spike informed him.

“Really? Oh, my bad, bad boy, Grrr!” Drusilla commented, turning to Angelus, pretending to scold him.

“Well, fresh news, you helped him a lot, my dear Sire, but then Buffy and I stopped you. Well, mostly she did, I just helped her a little bit...” he informed her, but he didn’t understand why she was looking at him so astonished and puzzled.

“Why did you call me ‘Sire’?” she wondered in confusion.

“What do you mean? That you’re not my Sire in this world?” he wondered.

“Hell no, Angelus is your Sire, not I!” she struck back, almost disgusted.

“So, there’s not a century of love and devotion between you two, is there?” the good Buffy asked very curiously.

The Spike of that dimension and Drusilla burst out laughing madly.

“Puzzle Girl and * I* together?! Oh, please!” Spike exclaimed between laughter.

“Believe me, to me Shiny Hair is nothing but an unbearable kind of brother whom I’m forced to un-live with!” Drusilla explained.

“In my heart there has only been room for my Buffy and that’s the way it’ll be for always!” he pointed out, kissing his Mate with a passion that seemed to never fade out.

“Well, I like this world!” the other Buffy smiled, before kissing her Spike... and about passion, they had nothing to envy at the other pairing.

“Hey, Angy, I thought that you were the dumbest, but it seems that their Angelus is even worse than you, so now he is the new record-holder!” the evil Buffy made fun of her grand Sire.

“Mind your mouth, Buff!” Angelus growled against her.

“Well, well, I’m glad to see that here you can’t stand each other!” the other Spike commented with a pleased smirk.

“Do you mean that… he... and * I* ?” the evil Buffy trailed, disgusted just by the thought.

“Yeah, in our dimension you two happened to have a long and tormented relationship that was made of love and sacrifice, until my Buffy found the right guy!” he explained, smiling at his Childe at the last part.

“Right. Anyway, I loved Angel, soulful guy, not you, Angelus!” she pointed out.

“Eeeww!” the other Buffy and Angelus exclaimed at unison.

“I bloody love this world!” Spike sneered.

“See? The stars were right, they are never wrong. The two worlds that my vision talked about are so different!” Drusilla exclaimed.

“Bloody hell! I can’t believe it! You know, Dru, I mean our Dru, had the same vision. Too bad that she is not here with us!” spike commented.

“Yeah, I’m sure that you two would get along so well, talking endlessly about your beloved stars and stuff like that!” Buffy added, smiling as she tried to picture in his mind the two Drusillas together.

TBC

And next chapter will be ‘Storyteller’ but it has nothing to do with that episode! ;)

I really hope you'll like it, because this is just the beginiing! ;)