Author's Chapter Notes:
WOW you guys are the best....love the feedback......it makes me smile and my day brighter.....
Both watched as Dr. Gunn entered the room with a tall official looking man behind him. Spike noticed the bulge under the jacket and pegged him as a detective of some kind.

"Miss Summers, Mr. Masters." Dr. Gunn addressed them and then turned to introduce the other male. "This is Detective Lorne Cartis."

"Detective." Spike acknowledged him, his name sounding familiar.

"I used to work with Peaches and Cream," Lorne stated, just like Cordy had told him too.

Spike smirked, "I'm sure Captain Forehead enjoyed his significant other telling you to say that to me."

Lorne out right laughed as he nodded his head yes. "I think they heard his growl clear in Prague."

Buffy relaxed knowing this detective was a friend of Cordy and Angel's. "Are you here to ask me any questions?"

"Yes, sweetness I am, but only a few for right now," he told her, with a soft understanding tone to his voice. "I'm here mostly to make sure we follow the chain of evidence so we have everything in order."

"Gathering evidence?" Buffy asked, her voice sounding scared and anxious.

"Don't worry, all we will need is to get a blood sample and take it down to our forensic lab. From what I've been told, Casper here, happened to be in the right place at the right time." Lorne assured her that was all he was there for.

"I don't remember anything much after finishing my last drink; it's all really sketchy." Buffy told him, suddenly feeling very nervous. "Is it normal for my heart to still feel like its racing?" she asked.

"Yes," Gunn answered and then added. "Tomorrow you will start to feel better."

"Except?" she asked, hearing the 'but' in his voice.

"It's like not being able to find a missing piece to the puzzle you were working on," the doctor tried to explain.

Buffy's eyes widened as she agreed. "Yeah, just like that."

"You will not remember certain things, but I'm sure your friends can fill in the blanks," Dr. Gunn explained. "Accept the fact that nothing bad happened and don't dwell on what might have happened. It can really mess with your head if you don't move on."

"Are there any dangerous side effects I should know about?" Buffy asked as she watched the doctor gather his supplies to draw her blood.

"Any possibility of being pregnant?" he asked as he put the tourniquet on her left arm.

"No," she whispered, starting to blush.

He continued to ask her general health questions as he drew her blood, trying to keep her mind away from what he was doing. He quizzed her about how she was feeling now, and reassured her that it would all pass once the drug was out of her system.

Spike leaned his forehead against the side of her head as his arm tightened its grip around her waist. The sight of blood never bothered him. Needles, now that was a whole different story. Keeping his eyes closed, he leaned in and whispered in her ear. "I gotcha Summers."

By closing her eyes and letting his touch and words sink in, she was able to tolerate the blood draw much easier. She could not help but feel as if his presence beside her was as it should be. By him being here with her, she felt she had the confidence to face whatever Parker had in store for her.

Buffy watched as the doctor labeled the blood tube and handed it over to the detective. She noticed as both men signed several pieces of paper, before they turned their attention back toward her.

"Miss Summers, do you think you can identify the man who served you your last drink at the Bronze tonight?" Lorne asked, his voice sounding all official like.

"Yes, I can," she answered.

"Did you recognize anyone from the pictures that Cordelia O'Brien showed you earlier this evening?" he asked, holding up the tape recorder, while giving her a wink.

"Yes," Buffy answered, trying not to get too nervous.

"Can you tell me who it was?"

"The first one was Parker Abrams, and the second one was Parker with the bartender that served me both my drinks tonight," Buffy replied, squeezing Spike's hand so hard he was sure he'd find some bruising there tomorrow. She went on to explain about how Parker had sexually assaulted her several years back.

"Listen, buttercup, I'm going to need you to come to the station first thing Monday," Lorne began to explain. "You will need to talk to our prosecutor, Lilah Morgan, who will then tell you your options. We should have some answers from the tests on your blood within three to five days, seven at the most."

"Okay," she sighed. "Do you have her number?"

"Sure do sweetie pie." Lorne said, as he handed her a business card with the woman's information on it. "She will be expecting your call, you see a birdie already spilled the beans to her."

"I will call her first thing Monday," Buffy replied as she continued to stare at the little piece of paper that was about to change her life, maybe for the good, or the bad.

"Do you have some where safe to stay?" Lorne asked, not feeling comfortable with the young woman being alone right now.

"She's staying with me, in my guest room," Spike answered as he gently removed the card from Buffy's hand and placed it in his jacket pocket. "Angel has my number."

"Good, she's in safe hands then," Lorne said with a now relaxed smile. "If I need anything else, I'll give tall dark and broody a call then."

Spike chuckled, liking this man all the more after he made fun of Angel. He turned his attention back to the doctor. "Anything else, Doc, or can I take my girl home now?"

Buffy felt a shiver run down her back when she heard him address her as his girl. Deep down she wished it were true, that she was his girl. Instead, she pushed it back down deep, not ready to think that their relationship could ever be that intimate.

"We are done here. Give me a moment and someone will be back with her discharge papers," Dr. Gunn replied. "Just remember to have her drink plenty of fluids, preferably of the non-caffeine variety."

"You know, I'm right here, and I can take care of myself," Buffy huffed, starting to feel a bit angry at how Spike was becoming major caretaker, and the others were following along.

Spike leaned down and looked her right in the eyes as he gently informed her, "Get used to being taken care of. Your life has been lacking someone performing that little pleasure."

Buffy's eyes grew big, hearing his implied intention. "No one's ever stayed around for me to let it happen."

"How about we look at taking care of each other, yeah?" he asked, knowing without a doubt this woman was who he had been looking for all of his life. He realized that Drusilla had just been a distraction, or someone that would make him appreciate finding Buffy even more.

"I think we can negotiate something," Buffy replied, her voice playful, and teasing. Something which surprised her, and she wondered if it was still the side effects of the drug.

"The nurse will be right with you, so you both can get home and take care of each other," Dr. Gunn said with a chuckle as he walked to the door to leave.

Both Buffy and Spike told him goodbye and thank you before turning their attention on the detective who had a silly smile on his face.

"So, what's next?" Spike asked him, wondering what the man was smiling about.

"I'm off to see the wizard about some blood tests and talk to Mr. and Mrs. Crimefighters extraordinaire and see what they've found out so far," Lorne told him, as he fought the urge to tell Spike to stop fighting the feelings and just go home and get down and dirty already.

"Tell, Captain Forehead to call me after the three of you pow wow, or whatever it is you law enforcement types do," Spike requested, wanting to hear where things stood with Parker and the bartender.

Lorne gave him a serious look before offering him his advice. "I think you need to get your girl home, and you both get some rest. I will have Angel call you in the morning, unless it's something you really need to know on the pronto. I think if you rest, Miss Buffy here, will rest that much more."

Spike realized that he was telling him that more than likely there would be nothing to wait up to hear. "Right, then. Tell him to call me when he knows something."

"Will do, Sunshine. Don't forget to go and visit Lilah first thing Monday." Lorne reminded them of their appointment before he gave Buffy a wink. "Don't you worry too much; I promise we will do everything possible to take care of this matter as quickly and as painlessly as possible. Well, for you that is."

"Please be careful. I don't want anyone in trouble over this," Buffy said, hoping none of them did anything they would regret later on down the road.

"No one except the guilty party will know what trouble is," Lorne reassured her. When the nurse came in with some discharge papers he added, "Well, I'm taking this as my cue to run. You both take care and I'll be in touch."