Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank to everyone....again.....it's great to hear what you think.......
Buffy quickly signed her discharge papers, then let Spike escort her out of the hospital and to his car. She could not help but feel safe in his presence. He stayed so close, and constantly had his hand touching her lower back as they walked. How he opened the door and assisted her into the car made her feel special and cared for.

"If you fall asleep during the ride, I won't take it personal," he teased, before placing a brief kiss upon her lips.

"Spike?"

"Buffy?"

"Where is this thing between us going?" she asked wondering why he was suddenly so interested in her.

"Let's just say, today my eyes where opened to a treasure I didn't know existed." He answered as he shut the door, giving her brain some food for thought.

Her mind churned on the possible meaning of his words. She waited until he was securely in the car with his seatbelt fastened before she asked, "Are you talking about me?"

"Yes, my pretty, I am," he told her as he put the key in the ignition and started the car. "Now take a nap sweetheart, and I will wake you when we get home."

Hearing the word home from between his lips brought a smile to her face, and she did not fight the tiredness that soon came over her. The hum of the car's engine, the punk rock softly playing in the background, and the familiar scent of Spike allowed her to relax and take his advice. She would wait and see what tomorrow brought.

Spike fought the urge to light up, taking into consideration that his girl didn't smoke. He thought to himself that she just might be the inspiration he needed to stop altogether. Calling his doctor and having the man prescribe for him the nicotine patch was placed on the list of things to do tomorrow. The future started to look rather bright as he glanced over and noticed Buffy had fallen asleep.

He rolled his eyes as he noticed he had done another first tonight; he was driving the speed limit and following more traffic rules then he was used to. Tomorrow was going to be a new beginning, and he couldn't wait to call his father with the good news. For some odd reason, he was sure his father was going to be one happy old man when he heard the news about him and Buffy. For a brief moment he pictured a blonde little girl with green eyes sitting on Thomas' lap.

*******

Buffy yawned and stretched when he woke her; she blinked her eyes she smiled up at him. Her smile was like a ray of sunshine that warmed his heart, and something he would like to see everyday.

"Come on, sleepyhead, let's get you inside and all tucked in, then."

"I don't have anything to sleep in," she sighed as she let him help her out of the car.

"I'm sure I can find something of mine you can wear to bed," he offered, and he wrapped his arm around her waist as he hit the car alarm button on his key chain.

"Okay," she whispered, hoping he couldn't hear how her heart started to pound in her chest.

Buffy could not help but wonder how a person could feel comfortable and anxious at the same time. The anxiety she was feeling had nothing really to do with Spike, more like what Monday would bring. So far he had kept his promise and did not appear to be disgusted or ashamed to know her.

"Penny for your thoughts, Pet," he said, already knowing she was thinking something serious by the expressions filtering across her face.

"Just thinking ahead and pondering my future," she sighed.

"Am I in it?" he asked.

"Are you sure you want to be? This could get ugly." She answered his question with a question.

"I can handle anything, baby. I'm here for you." He tried to reassure her, knowing with all she had been through it would take time and patience for her to find her confidence again.

He could never understand the reason a man would force himself on woman, especially when you could buy sex from those willing to sell their bodies. There were two things that he found appalling, one was a rapist, and the other was anyone who could hurt a child in any form or fashion. If he had his hands on this Parker fellow, he would make the man pay dearly for what he had done tonight and a few years ago.

He unlocked the door; opened it and led her into his home. Never letting her slip away, he closed and relocked the door, before he disengaged the alarm, and then reset it for them being in the house.

"Let's get you settled on the couch and give you something cool to drink. Then I'll go get the guest room ready and put something out for you to sleep in," he instructed, as he led her to the couch.

Buffy took the time to admire his décor, loving the dark with the light. The room was definitely not a place for kids, not with the white carpet. The black leather couch and other dark fixtures stood out and gave it a masculine feel. She could not help but smile when he sat her on the couch and took the throw off the back and tucked it around her.

"I won't be long, Pet."

"Okay."

Spike hurried upstairs to prepare the guest room. Then he went into his bedroom and opened the drawer that held the one pair of pajama's he owned. He kept them for special occasions, like company. He smiled as he pictured what she would look like wearing just the top, which was black silk that buttoned up the front. He was sure it would be perfect for her to sleep in.

Leaving the top to the silk pajamas lying across the guest bed, he hurried to rejoin his guest. She looked perfect sitting there trying to fight the sleep that was beckoning her. Taking a moment, he drank in her beauty, and wondered how he could have missed it before.

Then he realized that it was because he was everything his father accused him of being. After Dru, he had turned himself off from the world and stopped caring about everything in it. Now, this slip of a woman had opened his eyes and brought him back from the empty place where his ex-wife had sent him.

"Ready for bed, Luv?" he asked, holding out his hand toward her.

He noticed the blush to her cheeks at his question, and it made him smile. If he had his way she would be going to his bed, but he knew it would be along time before that happened. The funny thing was, he knew he could wait, and he would.

"Yeah, I'm finding it hard to keep my eyes open."

"Then come along. I put something for you to wear on the end of the bed," he told her as he took her hand and helped her to stand.

They quietly walked up the stairs, with his hand gently touching her lower back. He directed her to the guest room, and she noticed it too had a manly touch in the décor, making her realize no woman had lived here as far as she could tell.

"Here ya go, luv. I'll just be across the hall if you need anything. Don't hesitate to come and get me," he instructed her, giving her time to nod her head before leaving the room reluctantly, closing the door behind him.

Suddenly, she felt nervous and afraid for some reason. Now that he was no longer close, she wished that he were still near. Again, she was not sure if he had gotten under her radar, or it was a side effect of the drug.

"Not like he's too far away," she mumbled to herself as she started to undress, leaving on her underwear, and put on the top he left out for her. The cool silk felt good against her skin.

*******