Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for everyone that taken the time to read and review.......
CHAPTER TWELVE

Spike slipped on the bottoms, feeling like it gave him a connection to her since she was wearing the matching top. He knew it was nonsense and sappy to think it, but for once he felt his softer poet side coming out. It was a part of him that he buried deeply and hid from sight a long time ago.

He kept looking at the door, fighting the urge to go and check on her. Buffy Summers brought out the protector in him, and he was not sure if it was because of what happened tonight, or because she had gotten under his skin. The need to make sure she was okay pushed him to walk toward the door, with the intent to go and check on her.

The soft knock on his door, right before his hand touched the knob, surprised him. Slowly, he opened the door, noticing how vulnerable she appeared, and how sexy she looked standing there in his shirt. He had forgotten that he was wearing only the pants that matched her top until he noticed how she blushed.

"Do you need something, Kitten?" he asked softly, noticing how nervous she was acting.

"I'm…it's scary." She tried to say, how she did not like being alone right now.

"You can sleep next to me, if you'd like. I promise not to bite," he offered. "I will be a gentleman and sleep on top of the blankets."

She sighed, her relief as she took the hand he held out to her, and allowed him to lead her to his bed, while noticing how muscular his torso was. Watching as he turned down the covers and then positioned her next to the bed made her feel like a child at first, but his words as he tucked her in changed all that.

"We all deserve to be pampered when bad things happen," he told her before leaning down and kissing her nose. "Sweet dreams, Kitten."

She smiled as she watched him walk over to the other side of the bed. Lying on her side facing away from him, she felt the bed dip under his weight, and she snuggled deeper into the pillow as she finally felt safe enough to let sleep over take her.

Spike rolled on his side so he could face her back. He knew the moment she fell asleep when her breathing slowed and her body relaxed. Time had no meaning as he lay watching her sleep, and he smiled to himself when she moved closer to him as she slept. Eventually he could not fight it any longer as his eyes closed and he too drifted off.

*******

Buffy felt warm and safe as she started to awaken. She could not place what was different, but she could feel her pillow moving. Her eyes opened when something moved along the lower portion of her back alerting her that she was not alone.

Spike moved instinctively with her while he slept. The thought of him having Buffy radar entered her mind. The presence of his hand on her back felt like it belonged there. She wondered at how the fit of their bodies was like two pieces of a puzzle; it felt so right.

Looking down, she noticed her leg nestled between his, feeling the outline of his manhood against her thigh. She tried everything she could to keep from rubbing against it, since she felt his aroused state already. She was not ignorant to the fact that men at times woke up with erections.

The thought that he might think she wanted him sexually caused her body to become ridged and stiff. Even if her inner voice was telling her that Spike would not think like that, she still could not shake the feeling. Slowly she lifted her head and looked to see if she could find out what time it was. Upon seeing the time was only 6 a.m, she decided to try and fall back asleep, not wanting to bring further attention to their position.

Spike found himself awake and wondered how to address the issue of how their bodies where sweetly tangled together. The last thing he wanted was to embarrass her with how his body was reacting to hers. So he let her call the shots; if she stayed snuggled against him so be it.

He felt himself falling back to sleep as her body began to relax against his. Her slow steady breathing told him she had fallen back asleep. The plan he had come up with was to wake up before her and be out of bed before she woke up again. The last thing he wanted was to make her uncomfortable around him, and he was sure she would be with his current state of arousal.

*******

Buffy woke up alone, feeling hurt and lonely. She knew it was ridiculous to expect him to have stayed in bed with her, and she berated herself for even thinking about him being more to her than a friend right now.

She rolled over as she stretched her body and nearly screamed when she noticed him sitting in the chair bedside the bed. The fact that he was fully dressed was not lost on her, as she felt shy all of a sudden.

"Good morning, Pet. I hope you had a nice sleep." He greeted her with a welcoming smile.

"Slept like a baby," she replied as she sat up, keeping the covers across her lap. "How about you?"

"Never slept better," he answered, as he tilted his head to the side and gave her a warm smile. "I have to say it was nice waking up with you next to me."

Buffy tried not to pout when she said, "I can't say the same, since you're there all dressed, and I'm here still in sleepwear."

"I'll be honest, Kitten. You, me, same bed, and said lovely sexy sleepwear was way to tempting for a bad, rude man like me," he honestly shared, wanting her to know right from the start. "Didn't want scare you away before I've had a chance to woo you with my charm and wit."

"I appreciate the clarification of why I woke up alone."

"But not really, Luv. I've been right here the entire time jealous of my bed and linen," he said with a serious look on his face. "I plan on taking my time when it comes to you."

"I've not been in a relationship since it happened."

"I haven't either since Dru left me, nothing serious that is," he told her, figuring he should be honest with her as well. "I'm willing to try if you are."

"Do you like animals?"

"Depends on the species," he replied, noticing how she was softly smiling.

"Many species."

"What do you have in mind?" he asked, curious to where she was going here.

"Would you like to go to the Zoo today?" she asked. "Do something datish-like but also with a friends getting to know each other feel to it."

"Lord, Buffy, I've never been to a Zoo, not even as a kid."

"Well, then no time like the present," she encouraged him as she gave him a wide grin.

"Let's go! We can stop by your place, so you can clean up and pick up your walking shoes," he said, thinking it would be a lovely time spent together.

"Great!" she squealed as she pushed off the blankets, not paying attention to how his eyes watched her leave his bed.

"How about you pack a bag and spend the weekend. Maybe we can see about going to Disneyland tomorrow," he suggested, deciding he would take her mind off the badness of last night and what needed to be done come Monday.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to win me over with Mickey and the boys." She teased him as she turned to start to make his bed.

"Leave it, Pet. It's only going to get messed up again tonight," Spike said as he stood and stopped her before he saw anymore of her lovely bottom.

"Are you sure?" she asked, looking up at him with an uncertain look in her eyes.

"I say this weekend is just about us having fun and spending time together. Making beds be damned, and the dishes too."

"No, we need to do dishes," she disagreed.

"Well, we can solve that one….no eating in…means no dirty dishes," he decided, giving her a wink before sticking out his tongue and saying, "My house, my rules."

"Fine. Let me go get dressed and we are so outta here. Sunshine and monkey's here we come."

"Lions, Tigers, and Bears, oh my!" he sang, as he watched her quickly leave his room.

"Oh, Goldilocks, you've got me hook, line, and sinker." He sighed, as he realized he had fallen in love.

*******