Author's Chapter Notes:
Read the note at the end of the story. I wish to thank everyone who has stayed with me on this.....it's been nice to write somehting short, romanitic and not so tasking on my brian.....
Spike stood and watched his girl just hold the phone and stare at it. The weekend had passed too quickly, and the glare of Monday was upon them. He had called his father Saturday to let him know what had transpired on Friday, and that he and Buffy would not be in to work on Monday. His father had made him promise to take care of Buffy, and to call first thing after talking with Miss Morgan.

Buffy turned to look at the man who had become her strength over the weekend. Never would she have imagined her fantasy of being a part of his life would become so real. All weekend she had spent with him, sleeping in his bed. Never once did he make a pass, but she knew he wanted her. It was the patience he was showing her that ended up giving her the courage to dial the number on the business card Lorne had given her.

"Miss Morgan's office," a southern female answered. "Miss Burkle speaking."

"Hi, Miss Burkle. I'm…I mean…Miss Morgan is expecting my call," she said, and after a few moments she realized she had not given her name. "Sorry, my name is Buffy Summers."

"Oh, Miss Summers, she is expecting your call, hold the line please," the woman's friendly voice informed her, helping Buffy to relax.

Spike crossed the room and wrapped his arms lightly around her waist, smiling when she leaned back against him. The more he did this, or just touched her in any way, the more he knew this woman was who he wanted to grow old with. Before now, he had turned his nose up to those who had spoken of true love, but now he was a firm believer.

"Good morning, Miss Summers, I'm Lilah Morgan. Seems, you have some very influential friends around here."

"Oh, really, who?" Buffy asked, not knowing who the woman might be talking about.

"Lorne, Angel, Cordy, for a few. Then, Thomas Masters is making it known he wants the best for you as well."

Buffy was speechless at first as she turned her face toward Spike. "Do you think you can help me?"

"Oh, I plan on helping you to the best of my ability and to the full extent of the law," she promised. "Mr. Masters put an idea in my head, and I've already sent my assistant out to start gathering some more information and possible evidence against Mr. Abrahms. I've already sent a few detectives to bring him in for questioning, and the bartender too."

"You work fast."

"It helps that I started on this yesterday."

"Yesterday? But it was Sunday."

"Miss Summers, like I said you've got some very influential people behind you," she reminded her as she added, "and my gut is telling me you might not be the only one he's done something like this too. So, I'm out for blood here; I hate men who prey on women, and I think he's gotten away with too much of that already."

"Do you want me to come down?"

"Most assuredly. I want to take this monster down. How soon can you get here?" she asked.

"I can be there within the hour," Buffy answered as she reached with her free hand to grab Spike's.

"I will be waiting, and so you know, I plan on making him pay for everything he's done to you."

Buffy felt the tears flow, feeling like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Someone that could do something about this actually believed in her and wanted to help.

"Thank you."

"For what?" Lilah asked.

"For believing in me."

"I not only believe in you, but will fight for you to have your day in court and justice as well," Lilah promised. "I will be waiting."

"I will be there," Buffy replied as she hung up the phone.

"I take it she's going to take the bastard down," Spike said with an evil smile.

"Yes. We're going to make him wish he had never met me," Buffy returned, finding for the first time the confidence that she could finally face Parker and not crumble.

"That's my girl."

"Am I your girl?" she asked.

"Try and not be and see what happens," he growled, before he claimed her lips in a searing kiss.

Buffy felt like her entire body was on fire as she reluctantly broke the kiss. "I told her I'd be there in about an hour."

"Then let's go," he replied as he leaned down to kiss her forehead.

Her voice sounding hesitant as she asked, "You'll come with?"

"Try and keep me away; in for a penny in for a pound, baby," he assured her. "We're in this together, Buffy."

"Good, 'cause I'm not sure I could do it without you," she told him, hoping he understand what that meant.

"You'll never be alone again." He understood what she was telling him and knew that she was opening up and letting him inside her protective armor. She was letting him see all of her, and he was thankful for it.

"Spike, I'm not sure when…you know…I can go further with-" She never got to finish, with him gently placing his finger over her lips.

"One day, one step at a time. We'll get through this together and be stronger for it. You aren't the only one taking a chance here." He assured her and reminded her of his vulnerability as well.

"Then you're here for me, and I'm here for you."

"'Til the end of the world, and beyond," he replied as he took her hand and led her out of his apartment.

*******

ONE YEAR LATER

Buffy began to feel dizzy as her husband twirled her on the dance floor. It did not help she had drunk a few glasses of Champaign to boot. The wedding had been wonderful, with not a dry eye in the house when Spike had finished saying his vows. Promising to love, protect, and honor their vows, for she is what made living worth it by loving him. He blessed the day she made him take notice, and made him really see the true treasure that he now called his wife, his mate, and his reason for being born.

Just remembering the intense look he gave her as he said those words made her heart race, and she did not care who was looking as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. He was her world and God help anyone who tried to take him away from her, including the man upstairs.

The need for air and everyone's applause broke them apart, but barely. One had to look closely to see any space between their faces as they stared in to each other's eyes. Everyone stood in awe at the love the couple expressed with just a glance.

Since that day that Buffy and Spike ran into each other at the bar, they had been inseparable. Parker and his cohort in Buffy's drugging were currently spending some much needed time being up close and personal at the state facility. It seemed the bartender talked, when offered a lesser sentence in return.

Lilah Morgan also had done a wonderful job and had found other interns who came forward and talked about how he had abused them as well. His downfall caused a few heads to roll at Buffy's old place of employment.

"Mrs. Masters, you have made me the happiest man alive today." Spike sighed, as he rubbed his nose against hers and lightly kissed her lips.

"Mr. Masters, I swear it's a tie, for your words today made me fall even more head over heels in love with you," she replied, as she repeated the nose touching and kiss. "Can we go home now? I want to ravage my husband something terrible."

Spike's laughter shook his entire body as he swept her up into his arms and carried her out of the reception. No one seemed surprised, and if you asked those in the wedding party they would have said, "We're surprised they stayed this long."

Thomas Masters stood watching as his two favorite people left together, basking in the feeling of being happy for his son and the woman he loved like a daughter. Other than when he had brought William home for the first time, today was the happiest day of his life so far. However, he was sure that the birth of his first grandchild, if he lived to see it, would come close to beating it.

"To my children, may God look down up you both and keep you safe from harm's way." He silently blessed the loving couple.


The End.


Relax....there is a sequel in my head that will give you the missing year here.....and might even include the day at the zoo.......