Author's Chapter Notes:
YOU guys rock.....I'm so pumped from the reviews.....it does brighten my day when I come home in the mornings and read them. Would it be bad of me to pimp my one shot story of Last Temptation of Spike here.....
"Here we are," Spike said as they made it to the bathroom.

Her feet barely touched the ground before she dropped to her knees in front of the toilet. It felt like everything she had eaten the last couple days was trying to come back up, as she hugged the porcelain alter before her. The feel of the cool washcloth on her neck felt good as her stomach started to settle down.

"Just breathe easy, Pet," Spike encouraged as he continued to offer what comfort he could.

"Need to rinse my mouth," she said as she leaned back, trying to not give in to the dizziness.

"Not a problem," he replied as he reached over and flushed the commode before helping her to stand. "Lean on me, I promise I won't let you fall."

Buffy sighed and said, "Rinse mouth, hospital, then home."

Spike agreed as he helped her over to the sink, staying close behind her to help her stand. Their eyes met in the mirror, and they connected for the first time. His soft smile made her realize he was here because he wanted to be, not because he should be. Her expression told him she wanted him here because it was him, not because he just happened to be around.

"Buffy, when all this is said and done, I want you to know something," Spike started to explain. "I want to get to know you."

"Know me?" she asked before she filled the glass with water to rinse out her mouth.

"Yes, know you. What makes you tick; what you think about when you're driving along listening to the radio?"

Buffy's eyes grew big as she quickly said, "I don't drive."

Spike chuckled at the deer caught in the headlights look she had on her face before she rinsed out her mouth. He knew he was going to enjoy this new adventure very much. Even suspected it would take a lifetime to really get to know her, and he still would not know everything he wanted to know about her.

He kept one arm securely around her waist as he opened the medicine cabinet and found the mouthwash. "Here ya go, Pet."

Buffy smiled at him through the mirror and wondered if he had read her mind as she poured more water into the glass before she took the bottle of Listerine out of his hand. "Thanks."

"No problem," he told her silently adding, 'anything for my girl', to himself.

He noticed how pale she still was and asked, "Are you still feeling dizzy?"

She turned in his arms and nodded yes. "I feel like the world is spinning on its axis."

"Lean against me and close your eyes," he told her, feeling the need to hold her in his arms.

Buffy did and suddenly felt better, especially with his arms securely wrapped around her. "Oh, much better, thanks."

"My pleasure, Pet." He chuckled, as he laid his cheek against her head and closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of closeness. "I want you to come home with me after the hospital."

She stiffened in his arms and replied, "I can't, it just wouldn't be right."

Spike smiled softly as he explained. "If this Parker is involved, he knows where you live and where Willow lives. I have a guest room you can stay in; for tonight, I need to know you're safe, nothing more."

"Oh!" was all she could say, feeling her face getting warmer, as she blushed.

"Buffy, look at me."

Buffy looked up and met his eyes, feeling the intense heat of his stare. Her attraction toward him was immediate the first time she met him. He filled her dreams at night.

"I'm looking," she said, wondering what he wanted from her.

He leaned his forehead against hers. "I meant it when I said I want to know everything about you."

"Why?" she asked him, not feeling confident enough to question him about his involvement with Harmony. She just wanted to bask in the belief that Miss Kendall was lying about her and Spike being involved.

"Because, I want to see if what I'm feeling for you is real."

"Real?"

"Yes, real. I wonder if you could be the one."

"The one?"

He smiled as he leaned back just enough so he could gently kiss her forehead. "I want to explore what seems to be happening between us."

Her eyes grew large as she asked, "Are you sure you want to after tonight?"

"Yes! I also hope one day you can trust me enough to tell me why he frightens you so, and why he'd want to hurt you like this," he explained. "I have my suspicions, and if I'm right he will not walk away from this unscathed."

"Please, don't do something that would make me feel guilty," she pleaded, as she hugged him to her.

"I promise, I will not jeopardize what we might be finding here. But I swear to do everything in my power to protect it," he promised, as he leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "I want more than just a working relationship with you. I want to know how you feel about things; I want to talk, date, and get to see the embarrassing pictures of you growing up."

"Not the pictures," she giggled. "You might run and never come back."

"I don't think so," he replied seriously, and then whispered into her ear. "Could be seeing what my future daughters might look like."

Before she could reply a knock sounded on the door and Angel asked, "Is everything alright in there?"

"Coming out in a second," Spike answered, as he made sure she was not going to fall by stepping back slowly. "Remember, I will wait until you are ready to tell me, and no matter what it won't scare me away."

"Are you sure?" she asked, her voice unsteady, wondering if he would still want to know her if he knew.

"Buffy, I will tell you I'm thinking the worst about what he could've had done to you," he told her, "and I still want to get to know you. If what I suspect happened, it will not make me think less of you, but respect even more the woman you've become."

Buffy felt the tears form, but refused to let herself weaken. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he said as he gently tucked her hair behind her ears. "Let's go and get this over with, so I can get you home and tucked safely in bed. You need to rest."

"Am I still going to your place?"

"Yes. I will feel better knowing you're safe and sound, and sleeping close by," he said, hoping she'd agree.

"I think I'd feel safer there too." She agreed, knowing after tonight things were going to change between them big time.

She allowed him to assist her out of the bathroom. Upon seeing her friend's worried expressions, she tried to reassure them. "I'm feeling better now."

"Buffy, what are you going to do?" Willow asked, hoping she'd follow Angel and Cordy's advice.

Buffy looked up at Spike and smiled. "Let's go and get this over with."

"I've got your back, Summers," he assured her. Then he turned his attention on Angel and said with an edge to his voice, "Leave no stone unturned."

Both Cordy and Angel recognized his look of deadly determination. Angel realized this girl was important to his friend and silently vowed he do whatever it took to protect her.

"Well, then let's get this show on the road," Cordy said with a wink to her husband, silently confirming that she was thinking along the same lines as he.

"Do you want us to come?" Willow asked.

"How about I call you after? I don't want to have you both out so late," she explained, not wanting anything to happen to her friends.

"Just call us as soon as you know something," Tara replied, seeing a bond forming between the blonde couple, and she knew their friend would be safe with Spike.

"I promise," Buffy replied.

"Will you drop her off here when you're done?" Willow asked, trusting Tara's judgment.

Buffy blushed as she told them of their plans. "No, I'm going back to stay at his place. In his guest room is where in his place I'll be staying."

Willow tried to keep from laughing as she replied, "I think that would be a good idea. He doesn't know where Spike lives."

"That's the plan, Red," Spike said giving the girl a wink.

Tara watched the two couples leave before turning to her lover. "They're meant to be together."

"I think so too."

"Could be we just might marry our Buffy off after all," Tara teased.

"And she will make us Aunties," Willow giggled, as she led her lover toward the couch. "I think it's time to prepare for the waiting."

"Good thing we have cable." Tara sighed, as she gathered the other woman in her arms as they settled in for the long wait.

*******