Author's Chapter Notes:
Man you guys rock.....truly. Thank you for all the reviews....they make me happy....very happy.....
Spike sat next to her on the cart as they waited for Dr. Gunn to enter. He could feel the tension radiating off her; it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. His concern for her grew stronger as he watched her slowly withdraw into herself more and more.

"I'm afraid," she whispered, knowing now was the time to tell him everything.

"Why?" he asked, hoping she would finally confirm what he suspected to be true.

"That you won't believe me, or want anything to do with me when I tell you what happened with Parker," she answered as she looked everywhere but at him.

Spike concentrated on listening and not reacting. His first response was to get off the cart and hunt down the bastard that hurt her. The second was to go to her hold her tight and tell her he believed in her. Neither one, he knew, was what she needed from him at that moment.

"I'm listening, and I promise you I won't be so easy to push away," he offered instead, as he reassured her, "and I'm here any time you need to lean on me."

"I was an intern where Parker was working," she began, her voice soft and a bit shaky, and she wrapped her arms tightly around herself. "We worked very closely together, and he got the wrong impression about my feelings for him. Where I saw myself treating him like a friend and co-worker, he saw it as something more. One night he let me know by making a pass at me, one that I refuted. He kept telling me I led him on, gave him signals that I wanted him…"

Spike noticed her close her eyes to fight the tears. "Buffy, you don't have to say anymore unless you feel the need to tell me everything. I can wait as long as you need."

"He forced me…made me…God this is so hard," she confessed, trying to find the courage to finally say aloud want the man had done. "He raped me."

Finally being able to say it felt like a weight had been lifted. The urge to see his reaction made her turn her head to watch him. The different expressions that played across his face kept her from looking away. Seeing the anger, sadness, pain, and determination when his eyes found hers made her hold her breath. Never once did she see disgust flash across his face, or enter his eyes.

"Buffy, you did nothing wrong. No, means no! Be it you teased him or not does not matter," Spike told her, pouring as much caring and support he as could into his words and expression. "I think his stunt tonight shows what a sick bastard he is."

"The partners believed him."

"They are not worthy to walk on the same sidewalk as you," Spike hissed as he opened his arms to her. Fighting the urge to find this Parker and beat him into confessing his sins, and then make him hurt some more.

"Your father hired me when no one else would," she said while slipping into his embrace and allowing him to wrap his arms around her. "He saved me that day when he hired me and told me he believed in me."

"He has an eye for picking out the good ones," Spike said proudly about his father.

"Then why hire Harmony?" she asked, but regretted it shortly after. "I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to ask that one out loud."

Spike chuckled as he answered, "Don't worry, Pet, your secret's safe with me. To be honest, he did it as a favor to her father; nice man, Harvey Kendall."

"I really hadn't meant to let that slip." Silently she wondered why he did not defend his so-called girlfriend. "I know you and she are an item." She managed to find the courage to bring it up, after he said he wanted to get to know her better.

"What?" Spike practically shouted. "I'm not dating her," he said as he leaned back, confused to why she would think that.

"I heard her say that you two where an item," Buffy replied, wondering if Harmony had lied to Lindsey.

"God!" Spike exclaimed as he ran his fingers through his hair, wondering how he could explain his drunken mistake with his father's secretary. "I had just got my final divorce papers and had celebrated with a nice bottle of Jack. Next, thing I remember is waking up the next morning in bed with Harmony, having no memory of what even happened."

"Oh!"

"No, you don't understand. I told her how sorry I was, and that it would never happen again." Spike went on to further explain. "I never was interested in her in that way, and I'm still not."

"So, you didn't divorce your wife to be with her?" Buffy asked.

Spike reeled back as if slapped and growled. "There's no bloody way that would've happened. I divorced my wife because she didn't love me anymore, or should I say she divorced me."

Buffy reached up and gently placed her hand against his cheek and sighed. "She must have been insane to let you get away."

Spike leaned into her touch and smiled. "Or it could have been the best thing she could've done for me."

"Why would you say that?" she asked.

"Then I never would've been here with you," he simply answered and gave her a shy smile.

"There is that." Buffy giggled at his words.

"I'm going to kiss you now," he told her as he leaned down softly placing his lips to hers.

The kiss was soft and sweet, and felt perfect for a first kiss. Spike realized, come tomorrow he might have to start over with getting her to trust him. If so, it would not matter, he believed she would be worth the extra effort in the end.

The knock on the door caused them to pull back, but only so far. Spike immediately scooted closer, putting his arm around her shoulders, offering her his support, and reminding her, "Remember, Luv, you're not in this alone."

Buffy's chin quivered as she voiced her gratitude. "Thank you."