Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this and for the reviews.
This story is going on longer then I had planned, but it will be finished soon.
Chapter 16: ‘Heavenly Interlude Before Hellish Angst’


Summary: Spike and Buffy continue their ‘make-up’ fun. (That’s about it!)


A/N: This is just a kind of bridge chapter before more angst and trouble in the lives of Spike/Buffy and Dawn.


“Well, that was certainly a first for my dressing room,” Buffy giggled wickedly. She was languidly stretched out over the couch in William’s living room and naked as the day she was born.

“It better have been; and it’ll be the last for your dressing room, right Princess?” Spike growled in Buffy’s ear. He was stretched out, behind her, her lithe body pressed up against his, which was naked too by the way.

“Yes, Will,” Buffy sighed in genuine contentment. “That’s the last time I’ll be shagging as you call it, in my dressing room. Especially since I no longer work at Heaven’s Haven,” she chuckled, sounding almost relieved.

Buffy had quit Heaven’s Haven, just a couple of hours before this. Since Angel was out of town, she had to give notice to his front man, Andrew Tucker. If Andrew was surprised, he didn’t show it; just nodded and told Buffy he would call Angel in a day or two, in Chicago and let him know.

After thanking Andrew and hugging Willow and Tara, Buffy left the Haven on William’s arm.

“I’m glad to see the last of that dump,” Spike muttered as he led Buffy to his car.

“Me too, really, Will,” Buffy sighed. “However, when Angel finds out…..”

“Fuck Angel,” Spike retorted in disgust. “No, strike that,” he continued quickly, “Angel can burn in hell for all I care. We’re threw with him, Buffy, for good. He can rot out in Chicago for all I give a flying…..”

“You know, it’s a good thing Dawn is spending the night at Johnathan and Amys’s,” Buffy tsked. “Your language is just awful Will and I’m not sure this is a good thing for Dawn to hear. Much less any of ‘our’ future children,” she finished with a coy smirk.

“Now, that’s what I want to hear from my lady,” William mumbled in his raspy, husky voice. “My girl plottin’ out our future, all nice and tidy…..”

“Besides,” he smiled knowingly, “the Bit’s havin’ the time of her life at Johnathan’s. With those three tots of his to keep her busy? She probably won’t want to come back to you, sweet and…..”

“Oh, I hope she does,” Buffy sulked, her lower lip stuck out in a little pout.

“She loves you, you know?” Spike whispered into Buffy’s ear again. He was delighted when she rewarded him with a huge, bright smile.

“I love her,” Buffy murmured sincerely, placated, momentarily.

“Hey,” Spike mumbled with his own pout, “how about me? Do you love me, my goddess?”

“Always,” Buffy giggled warmly, tweaking Will’s rump, gently, with her fingers.

“You better,” he growled roughly, but ruined the whole tough guy act when he pouted again. Before she could reply, he clasped her pretty little bum with his hands and gave it a nice, hearty squeeze.

Spike buried his mouth into Buffy’s warm neck and began to suck on the tender skin there, gently. He pulled her body even closer to his and ran his left hand down her arm to her hipbone. “Oh, what’s this then,” he chuckled softly as he slipped his left hand over her bare cunny.

“You know full well what ‘this’ is William,” Buffy chirped, then giggled saucily. “It’s my pussy, Will; or wait, what do you call it? That’s right,” she giggled wickedly, “my cunny?”

“Right!” Spike growled lustily, flipping Buffy over onto her back. He then straddled her tiny body with his. “Except you got one thing wrong, Princess,” he murmured into her ear. “It’s ‘my’ cunny too,” he hissed just before he thrust his cock deep within ‘their’ cunny.


‘Flashback to earlier that evening…..’


“The other employees are going to start worrying about me you know?” Buffy panted into William’s ear. She was, at the moment, straddling her lover’s naked body. Her lover was, at the moment, sitting on her dressing room couch.

“Who gives a fuck?” Spike gasped loudly as Buffy did that thing ‘she did’ so well with her cunny muscles. Buffy could squeeze the hell, in a good way, out of Spike’s cock when he was inside her wet, delicious little hot box. It was just one of the wonderful things he loved about his girl.

After they’d had their make up sex, up against the dressing room wall, Spike and Buffy had somehow stumbled back onto the couch. It had been nearly and hour since Spike had swept Buffy off the stage and carried her into the dressing room. Nearly forty minutes since they’d made up against the wall and landed on the couch, only breaking apart long enough to strip each other of clothing.

“I don’t want ‘them’ to think less of me Will,” Buffy pouted as she rode him for all he was worth. “I mean,” she continued in a breathy tone, “they must know we’re not ‘talking’ things over in here and all. I just don’t want them to think that I’m a slut, I guess.”

“They better not think you’re a slut, Buffy my sweet. There’s nothing slutty about you, kitten. You are a woman in love, sweet,” Spike growled again. “Which works out rather nicely since I love you more then life itself…uhhh, oh fuck yeah,” he moaned in pleasure when Buffy did that muscle move just then. “Just like that,” he purred in delight, clasping her back tightly and digging his fingers into her soft, silky skin.

He crashed his lips onto hers and kissed her deeply, practically swallowing her tongue in the process. “You’re quitting this dump, tonight,” he ordered in a muffled voice.

“I suppose I am,” she replied in an equally muffled voice.








“Shush,” Buffy giggled, scooting over next to her lover in the front seat of his car. She placed her finger over his lovely mouth and pouted at him, coyly. “Angel can’t hurt us anymore, Will,” she purred, taking her finger from his mouth and replacing it with her own lips.

“Mmmm, bloody amazing you are my sweet,” Spike murmured between kisses.

Buffy leaned back against the seat and Spike started the car. “Let’s get home, Will,” she whispered silkily in his right ear. “I can’t wait to the loft and finish what we started back there.”

Spike sped off down Main Street, grinning like a loon. Everything was finally going right for him; Buffy was here, next to him as she should be and he was finally breaking free of Angel O’Connor.


‘End flashback……’


Spike woke up first to find Buffy snuggled into his arms and both of them on the floor of his apartment. The first rays of sunlight were just filtering through the huge living room window.

Sometime during the night, Spike had roused himself out of his sated sleep. He had covered both of them with a throw blanket and then flopped back down next to Buffy on carpet. After taking her in his arms again, he cuddled her to him and fell right back to sleep, never waking her.


“Morning, Will,” Buffy whispered almost shyly to her wide awake companion on the floor next to her. She cuddled into him and rested her head on his warm chest.

“Morning baby,” he murmured warmly before he kissed her forehead tenderly.

“I guess we missed the bed again, huh?” Buffy asked bashfully, embarrassed when a warm little blush crept up her neck to her flushed face. She smiled, slightly, despite her obvious sudden shyness with him.

“That we did, sweetheart,” Spike chuckled lewdly, unable to resist slapping Buffy’s lush little bottom with his left hand, gently of course.

Spike loved Buffy so much, especially when she got a little shy and almost virginal about their lovemaking. It was just one of the things that had always endeared her to him even more.

They lay, snuggled together so tightly that it was hard to see where one began and the other ended. Buffy stared up at the ceiling of the apartment, deep in thought, while Spike just lay in her embrace, watching her intently.

“I told Dawn, the truth, or most of it anyway,” Buffy murmured, her gaze still focused on the ceiling. “The little doll knows her daddy isn’t coming back for her,” she whispered with a just a tinge of sorrow.

“I know,” Spike sighed in response, “Dawn told me, on the way to Johnathan’s house. “You didn’t tell her the whole facts, eh? About how her dad is dead? I could tell that, pet, by the way the Bit talked. She seems, well, almost relieved by it, yeah?”

“I guess,” Buffy sighed deeply, “at least she seems almost okay with it. I’m sorry, Will,” she continued, her tone wracked with regret. “I was just too much of a coward to tell Dawnie everything, the whole truth about her father.”

“Not a coward, darling,” Spike muttered, nuzzling her neck. “You were just being compassionate and unsure as to how to tell her. Remember, how it was when your mum died,” he asked her carefully.

“I remember how it was when my folks passed on,” he continued with a bitter frown. “The cops came to the door and told our babysitter who abruptly spilled the whole story to Drusilla and me. There’s nothing noble in being cruelly honest, sweetling. Not when it’s involving death and loved one.” “

We’ll tell the Bit, soon as possible, the whole truth. But, we have to be together when we do, luv. We have to tell the poor kid the truth together and as gently as possible. Don’t you think?” He ran his hand down her arm and brought her own hand up to his lips, kissing it tenderly.

“You are right, I know,” Buffy sighed and shook her head. “It’s just that I don’t know what we’re going to do about Dawn. You know, after we tell her. According her, Dawn has no one else in the world, except her dad. She has no other family, Will,” Buffy whimpered softly into his neck.

“That’s where she’s wrong, sweetheart,” Spike murmured softly in Buffy’s ear. “The Bit has us, doesn’t she?” He gazed into Buffy’s bright, emerald eyes with his. “We’ll help her, won’t we Buffy,” he asked sincerely, searching her face for the answer he was hoping for.

“Dawnie does have us, Will darling,” she replied, placing a tender kiss on his warm neck. “We will help her, baby,” she added with determination. “Even if everyone and everything stands against us? We’ll help Dawn, even it means facing down the demon hounds of hell to do it.”


A/N: Well, this isn’t near the end, I’m afraid. I meant, originally, to finish this story in about 15 chapters, but……

Next chapter, Spike and Buffy try to tell Dawn the whole truth, but will they get the chance? Angel shows up, pissed off because someone (or more then just someone) has made a call to him in Chicago. Spike and Buffy may be in danger, but then again, it may be Dawn that pays the ultimate price.

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.